PDA

View Full Version : Well, I rode with a wally the other day

milkmania
06-25-2007, 03:39 PM
:(

stoopidist son of a ***** I've ever met!
I made him let me out of the boat:rant:

tex
06-25-2007, 03:41 PM
We went out to my cousin's lake house. She has a new boyfriend and he has one of those jetski boats. It's about 16 feet long. He drove it like a jetski. It beat me down.

sanjuan23
06-25-2007, 03:43 PM
My boat looked like a wally this weekend when the steering cable screwed up allowing for only slow left turns. Well there goes another order to skidim.

milkmania
06-25-2007, 03:43 PM
this guy was coming within 30 yards of stopped pontoon boats with kids/tubes in the water.

the dumb *** didn't tell me his power steering was out until we were away from the dock:rolleyes:

now I know why there are boating accidents:mad:

edit:
told him he needed to steer farther clear of stopped boats....
his reply????

"Oh, the kids in the tubes like the waves"

Jkelly
06-25-2007, 03:51 PM
I did not ride with a wally, but I did see a ramp hog. The lake I go to has a ramp wide enough for two 197s and a jon boat with a set up area to get it ready to launch. This guy put is boat right in the middle and then started removing straps, loading skis, coolers, and all the other crap he had. I finially got the Game Wordens attention to help educate him on ramp etiquette

TMCNo1
06-25-2007, 04:17 PM
I did not ride with a wally, but I did see a ramp hog. The lake I go to has a ramp wide enough for two 197s and a jon boat with a set up area to get it ready to launch. This guy put is boat right in the middle and then started removing straps, loading skis, coolers, and all the other crap he had. I finially got the Game Wordens attention to help educate him on ramp etiquette
We call them "Ramp Campers"! Nothing goes in the boat at home before they leave, they do it all while parked 4' from the water on the ramp, then just when it's all loaded up, the dog jumps out of the boat and they spend another 10 minutes chasing the dog around landing while the kids climb out of the boat and go swimming on the ramp right behind the boat.

Archimedes
06-25-2007, 04:38 PM
We were camping this past weekend when this guy from the site next to us comes up and asks if we're boaters ('no that Mastercraft behind me is some other guy's'...) I say yes and he says...

"I just bought this boat (18ish foot Reinell I/O with tower)...can you tell me what a 'bilge' is?"

I explain what it is and then he says "how do you get water in it..."

Magic.

Roonie's
06-25-2007, 04:59 PM
We were camping this past weekend when this guy from the site next to us comes up and asks if we're boaters ('no that Mastercraft behind me is some other guy's'...) I say yes and he says...

"I just bought this boat (18ish foot Reinell I/O with tower)...can you tell me what a 'bilge' is?"

I explain what it is and then he says "how do you get water in it..."

Magic.

Should have told him the only way water gets in the bilge is when he puts his boat in the lake when it is glass. He should wait until it is wavy and other boaters around then no water in the bilge.

beef
06-25-2007, 05:04 PM
Saw a butt-nugget on a jet ski this weekend going probably mid-40's passing a canoe full of kids close enough to spray them. We were yelling at him and realized thay all knew each other. Guess he's raising another generation of Darwin Award candidates.

Monte
06-25-2007, 05:17 PM
Saw a butt-nugget on a jet ski this weekend going probably mid-40's passing a canoe full of kids close enough to spray them. We were yelling at him and realized thay all knew each other. Guess he's raising another generation of Darwin Award candidates.

Had the same experience Saturday. But THIS guy cut off a pontoon... AND he had his kids in tow. Maybe ten feet between the kids and the toon...:noface:

Upper Michigan Prostar190
06-25-2007, 05:31 PM
This all goes back to what my Doctor says: "people think they can just write a check and go boating." :noface:

I hate unneeded gov regulation and laws, but ya know, it really makes ya think if sometype of mandatory safety class should be required for anyone buying and/or registereing a boat. Its a grey area I know. but I learned with my parents on our boat. They taught us all safe boating technics and let us take boats by ourselves in our early teens because they knew they could trust us to not be careless and stupid. lots of people dont have childhoods like that where they learn repsonsible boating from adults. they just think they can buy a boat and go on the water. No learning about rules, laws, common courtesy, safety. :noface:

TMCNo1
06-25-2007, 06:21 PM
This all goes back to what my Doctor says: "people think they can just write a check and go boating." :noface:

I hate unneeded gov regulation and laws, but ya know, it really makes ya think if sometype of mandatory safety class should be required for anyone buying and/or registereing a boat. Its a grey area I know. but I learned with my parents on our boat. They taught us all safe boating technics and let us take boats by ourselves in our early teens because they knew they could trust us to not be careless and stupid. lots of people dont have childhoods like that where they learn repsonsible boating from adults. they just think they can buy a boat and go on the water. No learning about rules, laws, common courtesy, safety. :noface:

Da UMP is in da house testifying!!!!!!!!!! Go UMP!:D

3event
06-25-2007, 06:22 PM
Pops was pulling me, slalom. Guy in a FourWinns IO pulls away from his pier and planes off without so much as a glance at traffic. Dad debates which way to turn to avoid (not collision, but evasive nonetheless). He ends up hard lefting it. I took a nice whip, and jumped the ski right into the dude's wake directly behind his boat until I got lined back up behind the MC.

First time I ever jumped the HO into someone else's wake while I was still behind my boat!!!!:mad:

Chicago190
06-25-2007, 06:43 PM
My lake always has wally's on the weekends and holidays. It seems that they take breaks between tubing just long enough for the their rollers to disappear and just as I'm getting ready to make some runs they're back out in the middle doing donuts. Oh well at least they're done by about 5 o'clock so we still get a few hours of calm water.

SDmc205
06-26-2007, 06:40 PM
I was pulling a tube (I know, but I gots little kids and they think its lots of fun. Hell sometimes I think its lots of fun.) and no matter what direction I turned this jackoff in a Reidell kept turning behind me. My cousin jumped into his 195 chased the *** down and gave him a serious reaming. Sometimes people just need to be told.

Slinkyredfoot
06-26-2007, 07:28 PM
:(

stoopidist son of a ***** I've ever met!
I made him let me out of the boat:rant:

Hey Mag, How'd you get linked up with this stoopidist son of a you ever met anyway? I am confused, maybe I am this wally???

milkmania
06-26-2007, 08:28 PM
Hey Mag, How'd you get linked up with this stoopidist son of a you ever met anyway? I am confused, maybe I am this wally???

this guy concerned me:(
are you a retired vet?

sittin' by the campfire, he told me the flies were bad...

"I've killed more flies than people"

http://milkmania.info/what.gif

Slinkyredfoot
06-26-2007, 09:20 PM
are you a retired vet?

Did he have a tatoo on his forehead??? This is the first clue for me...:D

Toober Tom
06-26-2007, 09:42 PM
This guy and I need to get hooked up. He really soundslike my kind of people. Boating classes are for girls UMP.

Tube on:headbang:

JohnnyB
06-26-2007, 10:06 PM
Wife and I took a dinner cruise on the river. After dinner, we were seeing the sites, cruising about 35. This jet-ski boat takes a liking to weaving through my wake about 50' behind me.....I speed up to 40 and he hangs in there in the same place....saw the whites of his eyes when he was about 40' behind me and I chopped the throttle.

Waved him over for a talk, but he ran....too fast to chase him down to give him a foot in the arse!!! :mad:

Leroy
06-26-2007, 10:47 PM
I would move to the other side of the campground Milk!

are you a retired vet?

milkmania
06-26-2007, 11:06 PM
I would move to the other side of the campground Milk!
well, I did get up from the fire....

and said "hmmm....wonder what my kids are into"

pdq:uglyhamme

almost went for the "my mother's calling" trick;)

edit:
oh yeah....
he's one of those guys that sits beside you and talks...
and if you're not making eye contact, he hits you on the shoulder to get your attention:mad:

djhuff
06-27-2007, 02:54 PM
Wife and I took a dinner cruise on the river. After dinner, we were seeing the sites, cruising about 35. This jet-ski boat takes a liking to weaving through my wake about 50' behind me.....I speed up to 40 and he hangs in there in the same place....saw the whites of his eyes when he was about 40' behind me and I chopped the throttle.

Waved him over for a talk, but he ran....too fast to chase him down to give him a foot in the arse!!! :mad:

This happens to me all the time, I just stop the boat and let them go away. If they do it again, I do it again and they get the picture. If you play on my wake, be it on a wakeboard or jetski, I expect gas money for making said wake (that and it's just plain annoying so see some jetskier 50-60' off your stern cutting back and forth).

SkiDog
06-27-2007, 06:03 PM
This happens to me all the time, I just stop the boat and let them go away. If they do it again, I do it again and they get the picture. If you play on my wake, be it on a wakeboard or jetski, I expect gas money for making said wake (that and it's just plain annoying so see some jetskier 50-60' off your stern cutting back and forth).

Thats a good un DJ!