PDA

View Full Version : Replacing rubber seal under windshield

djpruitt
06-23-2007, 12:00 AM
I have a 1988 PS190 and a lot of the rubber seal under the windshield is missing due to dry rot and pressure washing. Does anyone have any experience or advice on replacing the rubber and know if this is something you can order or have to custom cut? Looks like it may be a very dense "L" shaped piece of foam/rubber as it goes under and behind the bottom edge of the frame.

(how do you insert images? Once I click on the button to insert image I respond to a prompt to allow scripting but then it asks for the URL of the image. The image is on my local drive. Do I have to post it somewhere else first?)

djpruitt
07-19-2007, 01:23 AM
Here are some pics showing the deteriorated or missing rubber seal under the windshield, I still am looking for suggestions on how to replace this if anyone has any ideas. :confused: Thanks!

TMCNo1
07-19-2007, 07:15 AM
Other than some type of flat weatherstrip from Lowes or HD placed pr glue down after the windshield is removed and all the old is cleaned.

Contact these people that made our windshields. They may have replacement seals, http://www.taylormarine.com/windshields/index.html