PDA

View Full Version : Barefoot Atire

speckeen
02-13-2005, 10:33 PM
After reading the posts on this site, I have decided to give barefooting a try. I have a question about what to wear while barefooting. I will have a barefooting suit, and barefoot shorts. Do you wear the shorts under the suit, or are they worn separately for different barefoot activities? Also, what is the correct way to end a barefoot run?

Thanks

skimax
02-13-2005, 10:54 PM
Wear the shorts under the suit for maximum protection. This is very useful when first learning to foot. The best way to end your footin run is to do a "ride out" by simply squating down and fall back on to your butt, slightly lean back and keep your legs out in front of you with your feet up out of the water.

I like to foot in board shorts only, the "ride outs" are a little tricky( you have to lean back a bit more) if you don't it's not much fun :eek:

Footin is a fun sport if you train and practice safely :banana:
http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/data/508/1208footin_small_pix-med.jpg

BriEOD
02-14-2005, 06:36 AM
SkiMax--You don't wear a life jacket? What if you take a nasty fall or hit something and get knocked out?

MarkP
02-14-2005, 09:38 AM
skimax is my hero,:worthy: !!

See we donít need no stinking special equipment.:banana: .

ski_king
02-14-2005, 10:28 AM
Se we donít need no stinking special equipment.:banana: .

And Atlfootr (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=26221&postcount=1) has the photo to prove it!

But then again, the person in the photo would probobly disagree with that statement.

atlfootr
02-14-2005, 11:23 AM
And Atlfootr (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=26221&postcount=1) has the photo to prove it!

But then again, the person in the photo would probably disagree with that statement.Ya know he probably would and so would these guys, as well.

ski_king
02-14-2005, 11:26 AM
And they can still smile!

atlfootr
02-14-2005, 11:39 AM
Keep in mind, thoses pic's where taken awhile back ...

skimax
02-14-2005, 01:21 PM
It's the risk you have to take :eek3: , like Mark P says " this aint no dress rehersal" I have plenty of footin suits that I make everyone else wear when footin on my boat, experienced or not. I do wear a suit when learning new tricks or on certain tricks such as tumble turns that are'nt much fun to do with out a suit.
http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/data/508/1208Footin_003_low_mg-med.jpg

MasterMason
02-14-2005, 01:54 PM
It's the risk you have to take :eek3: , like Mark P says " this aint no dress rehersal" I have plenty of footin suits that I make everyone else wear when footin on my boat, experienced or not. I do wear a suit when learning new tricks or on certain tricks such as tumble turns that are'nt much fun to do with out a suit.
http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/data/508/1208Footin_003_low_mg-med.jpg

I think this should have the standard "do not try this at home" disclaimer." I am sure you have done it many times and are very talented, but just looking at it scares the crap out of me.

Laurel_Lake_Skier
02-14-2005, 02:21 PM
the "ride outs" are a little tricky( you have to lean back a bit more) if you don't it's not much fun
Quite a cleansing expierence! :eek:

skimax
02-14-2005, 07:34 PM
Quite a cleansing expierence! :eek:

It only takes one time and you learn real quick.............. :eek:

atlfootr
02-16-2005, 11:17 AM
One time is 1 to many :uglyhamme

jimmer2880
02-16-2005, 11:55 AM
I have a pair of non-padded neoprene shorts I wear under my padded footin suit. Mainly, it's so my swim suit doesnt' get bunched up while putting the suit on. But, it does give a nice additional 2 mm of padding back there.

tex
02-16-2005, 12:44 PM
I have a thin sleeveless spring suit that i wear under mine. It makes your suit fit and feel better.

speckeen
02-17-2005, 01:30 PM
I just recieved my new barefoot suit. It is quite tite. Is that how a barefoot suit is supposed to be? Do they loosen up a little when they are wet? Do they stretch out after using them awhile? Thanks

tex
02-17-2005, 01:31 PM
I just recieved my new barefoot suit. It is quite tite. Is that how a barefoot suit is supposed to be? Do they loosen up a little when they are wet? Do they stretch out after using them awhile? Thanks
Yes, to all questions. What kind and where did you buy it?

speckeen
02-17-2005, 02:49 PM
It is a gladiator, and I bought it at Overtons. Just an entry level suit to get started.

atlfootr
02-18-2005, 08:36 AM
Welcome to the sport of peariless falls and eyepeeling faceplants:eek:
These only happen when you drop a toe, so remember to keep 'em up!! :woohoo:

skimax
02-18-2005, 11:50 AM
Welcome to the sport of Footin.............Enjoy!

Laurel_Lake_Skier
02-18-2005, 12:06 PM
Do they loosen up a little when they are wet? Do they stretch out after using them awhile?
One other thing you need to watch out for.....If you are not careful, they seem to have a nasty habit of "shrinking" over the winters and fit a lot tighter in spring than they did last year. :rolleyes:

Where do you ski in Wisconsin? I'm in the Three Lakes/Eagle River area for most of the summer.

atlfootr
02-18-2005, 12:36 PM
LL Skier,

You mean there's shrinkage? :eek3:
I only found that to be true w/ certain body parts, that time of year.
Are you speak'n from Xpericence :banana:

skimax
02-18-2005, 04:37 PM
It is quite tite. Do they loosen up a little when they are wet? Do they stretch out after using them awhile? Thanks
:rolleyes:
Like everything else.......it's nice and tight when it's new, and the more it gets used and the wetter it gets the more it streches out.

Laurel_Lake_Skier
02-18-2005, 10:43 PM
LL Skier,

You mean there's shrinkage? :eek3:
I only found that to be true w/ certain body parts, that time of year.

No No No......the suit seems to shrink over the winter. For some reason there have been a couple of years when the suit seemed be quite a bit tighter after the long winter. :popcorn:

speckeen
02-19-2005, 10:43 PM
Where do you ski in Wisconsin? I'm in the Three Lakes/Eagle River area for most of the summer.

We ski on the Mississippi River or Black River in the Lacrosse WI area. We only live about 10 minutes from the Mississippi River.

whitedog
02-20-2005, 01:28 PM
We ski on the Mississippi River or Black River in the Lacrosse WI area. We only live about 10 minutes from the Mississippi River.

speckeen: LaCrosse, great area, thats my former stomping grounds. Are you north or south of Lacrosse. I still have family up there.

atlfootr
02-21-2005, 08:01 AM
We ski on the Mississippi River or Black River in the Lacrosse WI area. We only live about 10 minutes from the Mississippi River.That's some coooooooooold h2o, Miss River :eek:
Went to compete in a Barefoot Endurance race (St. Louis, MO) there last year, jumped in w/ just a heater shirt and bf suit - nearly lost my breath! Heart beat about stopped :purplaugh

whitedog
02-21-2005, 10:34 AM
That's some coooooooooold h2o, Miss River :eek:
Went to compete in a Barefoot Endurance race (St. Louis, MO) there last year, jumped in w/ just a heater shirt and bf suit - nearly lost my breath! Heart beat about stopped :purplaugh

Miss river will sometimes get to almost 75f durring a hot summer week in late August, right now cold BRRRR 35 maybe? :D Makes for some hearty souls.

speckeen
02-22-2005, 03:32 PM
speckeen: LaCrosse, great area, thats my former stomping grounds. Are you north or south of Lacrosse. I still have family up there.

I live in Holmen. About 10 miles North of LaCrosse. We like the area. I grew up in centeral Minnesota, where the lakes are nice and clean, so the dirty water of the Mississippi took a while to get used to.