PDA

View Full Version : People don't watch

pram
06-21-2007, 05:28 PM
Little bit of a rant. Last night leaving the lake with the boat in tow, I see a car coming to the road out of a housing complex (individual entrance with a 100 houses inside) and I says to myself, self that car ain't gonna stop. Take the foot off of the gas and low and behold, she runs the stop sign :mad: , I hammer the brakes hard, stopping the truck and boat and she has the nerve to wave at me :rolleyes: as she passes me going the other way.

Some days I think that it would be better if a person would just t-bone em. Maybe then they would think to look both ways before crossing/entering the street.

Ya know I often wonder if the bad drivers in the world are the same ones that aren't even capable of maneuvering a shopping cart in the grocery store:confused:

east tx skier
06-21-2007, 05:36 PM
Little bit of a rant. Last night leaving the lake with the boat in tow, I see a car coming to the road out of a housing complex (individual entrance with a 100 houses inside) and I says to myself, self that car ain't gonna stop. Take the foot off of the gas and low and behold, she runs the stop sign :mad: , I hammer the brakes hard, stopping the truck and boat and she has the nerve to wave at me :rolleyes: as she passes me going the other way.

Some days I think that it would be better if a person would just t-bone em. Maybe then they would think to look both ways before crossing/entering the street.

Ya know I often wonder if the bad drivers in the world are the same ones that aren't even capable of maneuvering a shopping cart in the grocery store:confused:

I had this exact same thing happen to me several years ago. The only difference is that I was about 25 feet from her and had no idea she was just going to pull out in front of me and go the opposite direction on the highway. I was in an 84 Jeep Grand Wagoneer with the boat in tow (aggregate of just shy of 10,000 lbs). I stand on the breaks and watch the boat start to jackknife toward the good people who had enough sense not to drive out in front of me. In a split second, I decided she deserved to get it and they didn't. So I let off the brakes and put some weight in the horn. I even managed to call her some unmentionable names as I missed her by inches. Hope she messed up her upholstery! :mad: Truck, boat, and trailer were unscathed.

I've never been so happy to put my boat into the water. Sure beats dealing with the cops and the insurance company.

Monte
06-21-2007, 05:40 PM

I never get the good shopping cart:( Mine either pulls to one side, or makes a loud clicking noise b/c one of the wheels is broken:rolleyes:

I guess the bad drivers get the good ones so they can tear them up...

Monte
06-21-2007, 05:48 PM
Pram... On to your real subject, there are TONS of stupid drivers on the road.. That's why there are people like ME (ins guy, not a cop).. Just be glad you saw her coming. Yeah it would have been her fault, but the hassle and headache are not worth listening to that tiny little voice in the back of your head.

I have a cousin who was doing about 55 in a Jeep Cherokee. A guy pulled out in front of her in a lowered 92 or so Honda Prelude. She drove through the car.. Obviously both people in the prelude didn't make it.. My cousin hasn't been all there since....

pram
06-21-2007, 05:55 PM
I hear ya on the hassle and headache, don't need that at all. But still there is a small part of me that just wants to whack em. Sorry to hear about your cousin, I could see that being something that would stick with ya for ever.

TMCNo1
06-21-2007, 06:03 PM
I hear ya on the hassle and headache, don't need that at all. But still there is a small part of me that just wants to whack em. Sorry to hear about your cousin, I could see that being something that would stick with ya for ever.

I met a lady this morning swerving all over the road, before she went off the edge on her right and hit a mailbox and kept on going while still trying to put on her makeup in the rear view mirror.

TX.X-30 fan
06-21-2007, 07:08 PM
Picked up my son from camp at Texas ski ranch, boat in tow when a truck comes up fast on my right. There is one car length ahead of me and same in the right lane. this bone head sticks his truck in front of me, I see no way we did not touch (40mph). I saw him coming in the mirror and like you Pram had a feel he was looking to cut in. It is scary at a little over 10,000lbs when people do this stupid sh**.

Here's the best part, after I signaled his IQ to him I see his rear window. :(

Monte
06-21-2007, 09:49 PM

Me too... I would like to hit em...:o

lav
06-21-2007, 11:10 PM
23435[/ATTACH]
Love the people that cut you off you, let them know about and they look at you like it is your fault

dmayer84
06-21-2007, 11:14 PM
I was towin the boat up to the lake, just left my house about 3 mins eariler, lady decides that she doesnt have to look on a yield. I lay on the horn, almost too late, she looks and steps on her brakes. Make it through with about 6 in of clearance. Get to the next light, I'm to her left, roll down the window was gonna yell something, when my friends girlfriend starts yellin at the girl like no tomorrow, ended up getting a laugh out of it.

Thrall
06-23-2007, 01:52 PM
Albuquerque takes the cake I think for idiot drivers. IDK if it's the large Native American population (read: DUI alot!), large Hispanic immigrant population (no steeenkin' stoplights in Mehico..), or the vast open spaces and people then forget how to interact w/ other traffic.
Coming form luch cpl days ago. Sat behind a woman w/ a minvan full of crumb munchers who sat thru an entire green light, halfway into the intersection, in the striaght ahead lane. After the light cycles one more time and half the cross traffic has to dodge her parked there, our light turns green and she takes off and TURNS LEFT. ***?? SHe had the majority of the previous green light w/ the right of way to go straight and noone oncoming to prevent her from turning left.
I then go less than a block and another one pulls out from a driveway, in front of me, blocking my direction, while waiting for traffic to pass in the other direction so she could complete pulling out.
I decided to spook her a little and slammed ont eh brakes/horn last second (she didn't know I was there, looking the other way, phone/cigarette occupying both hands).
WOuldn't you know SHE flips ME off!