PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Wake Boarder injured

River Rat
06-21-2007, 08:56 AM
http://www.dallaswakeboarding.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=26&page=viewtopic&t=10074

Please pray for Colby he needs all the help he can get

This Kid was doing a normal wake to wake, fell and hit his head on the water, and is now in a coma. This is very sad! The GCWA is taking up a collection for Colby and if anyone is compelled to donate the info is below, or you can do it DallasWakeBoarding.com

cobia5@gcwa.com is the paypal account for Gulf Coast Wakeboard Association. If you want to donate some money ($5 or so), you can send it to that and put in the tag line "For Colby". I will send something in at the end of the month from the club

Harvey
06-22-2007, 02:01 PM
Here is an update guys.

Colby is still in critical condition. He's officially in a coma now, and has been hooked up to a brain wave machine. The doctors said he had a seizure last night, which isn't a good thing. But to be positive when they test to see if there any reaction in him they pinch him really hard. He didn't like that and his hand moved to try and slap the doctors pinching him. So that to me is a good sign; also when they looked into his eyes they moved slightly, they say it's good that there is a response but he's still in very critical condition. It appers to me that our prayers are working, I know this because they said they didn't think he would last the first night, and look whats happen, now he's moving slightly. The power of prayers is amazing.

Click here (http://www.dallaswakeboarding.com/?option=com_paypal&Itemid=26) to donate.

As of last night they had raised more than $3900. Colby is self employed and doesn't have medical insurance. I have riden with Colby a couple times and he genuinely is a nice guy. Keep him in your thoughts.

G-man
06-25-2007, 06:34 PM
Any good news on this yet?

Harvey
06-25-2007, 07:08 PM
No news period. As as I hear something I will post it up.

Harvey
06-25-2007, 08:46 PM
Here is the update:

I was going to try and post this yesterday but just got to a computer now. This should get every one up to date. Yesterday the Doctors told the family that the part of his brain that was hit is the most important part of your brain. Its the part that your memory and speech draws from. There is no way of telling how bad the damage is until he wakes up. The doctors are having a hard time believing that it was from the impact of the water they think he must of hit his head on his board or something else?

Today I got a call from Barbie who is Colby's best friend she said that he has pneumonia which is pretty common from having a breathing and feeding tube. Colby can breath on his own just not very well so they are going to take the tube out and put a trach tube and eating tube in this afternoon.

As stated before he does not have insurance he has bills coming due next week. Every ones donations are so appreciated by his mother Betty. So far we have collected just under $6000. I would encourage every one to keep him in your thoughts and prayers he sure needs them.

I won't speak for Colby's family, see above for that, but the dallaswakeboarding.com community really appreciates those of you who have donated and/or prayed.

Harvey
06-27-2007, 09:20 PM
Update from Colby's best friend:

Colby is still in critical condition, but I think hes doing way better. The doctors are going to take him out of icu and put him in a room by himself. He's been moving alot and yesterday they gave him some music to listen to and he started moving his hand. His mom said it looked like he was trying to do some of his dj spining. Keep praying and let's not forget about our boy in the hospital.