PDA

View Full Version : San Francisco wants to ban Blue Angels

puck_11
06-21-2007, 12:47 AM
This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. San Francisco wants to ban the Blue Angels from the annual Fleet Week.

http://www.examiner.com/a-789803~Daly_persists_with_move_to_ground_Blue_Ange ls.html

"Daly also said a halt should be considered because the flyovers could traumatize immigrants from war-torn countries and war veterans living in San Francisco, as well as the environmental impact from the use of an “inordinate amount” of jet fuel. "

:confused: :confused:

I'm interested to hear your thoughts, especially those from the SF area. I'm thinking its gonna be hard to find someone on this board that would agree with this guy, being as most of us are hard working, intelligent, reasonable dudes that like loud fast toys :toast:

tex
06-21-2007, 12:55 AM
Puck, that wouldn't happen here.

mbeach
06-21-2007, 12:56 AM
why should this surprise anyone from a state with the likes of feinstein and boxer? seriously folks, as a country we are going from the ridiculous to the absurd.

Leroy
06-21-2007, 01:31 AM
Uhhh? I can't understand.....I really can't say what I'm thinking....

betsy&david Harrison
06-21-2007, 01:31 AM
This really stinks! They are such a great team to watch.

School Skier
06-21-2007, 08:23 AM
We've been to San Francisco many times we did see the Blue Angels fly during Fleet Week what a great show. Too many bleeding hearts in
San Francisco!

MYMC
06-21-2007, 10:28 AM
I think its time to ban San Francisco! Jeez this is getting old...

Jwhitsett1129
06-21-2007, 10:34 AM
By that rationale I should start a petition claiming that helicopters should be banned in the US as the sound they produce is traumatizing to veterans of the Vietnam War. That is the most ludicrous thing I have heard in quite some time.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
06-21-2007, 10:45 AM
I think its time to ban San Francisco! Jeez this is getting old...
TRU DAT!!!!

Ya know, I mean it, this country is going right down the damn toilet. Its like one of those big industrial toilets too, the kind that could flush an elephant turd with no effort. We are really going in the gutter as a society and a nation at light speed. so let me think this concept over.....lets ban a symbol of American pride. lets ban something that stands for integrity, discipline, honor, dedication, and patriotism. lets ban it. yea, thats a good idea. Yea, lets ban it. then lets ban the flag, I mean why not? it offends some people, and we cant have that. I dont want to hurt peoples feelings by flying a flag that stands for freedom and the lives of all the people that died to protect it. then lets ban the family, then american way of life. lets ban that too. because that obviously offends someone somewhere, and wastes resources, and harms the enviroment. :rolleyes: :noface: This **** makes me sick. I am tired of it. Ya know, sometimes I think as humans we dont deserve to inhabit this planet. This makes me wanna puke. Whomever is proposing the ban should be kicked so hard in the @$$ that they cant even remember their name.

shepherd
06-21-2007, 10:52 AM
Easy UMP, it will be OK! :(

there there....it'll be ok http://deephousepage.com/smilies/therethere.gif

Don't overreact. The article doesn't say San Francisco wants to ban the Blue Angels. It's just one of their elected representatives proposing a measure that is being pushed by a few fringe peace groups. I'll hold off blaming the city until the measure actually passes. I suspect most San Franciscans would be against it (I hope).

06-21-2007, 11:00 AM
Well, I certainly agree that the ban is ridiculous. But it is also ridiculous to get all bent out of shape over it.

The SF and California bashing is really lame. One of you even went off about the French the other day. Politics should be left out of this group. It really has no place here. We should stick to what we enjoy and have in common.

The least informed people usually screech the loudest and make fools of themselves, whether they are from the left or the right.
I dont need something like this to make a fool out of myself. I do that all by myself. this thing just boils me. its not right. They need to turn their brains on and think about what they are considering. I am complaining about the stupidity that allows this stuff to even be an issue. To me, its a lack of respect.

CBergerson
06-21-2007, 11:08 AM
I dont need something like this to make a fool out of myself. I do that all by myself. this thing just boils me. its not right. They need to turn their brains on and think about what they are considering. I am complaining about the stupidity that allows this stuff to even be an issue. To me, its a lack of respect.

I agree. The ban is stupid. But, to make broad generalizations about California and San Francisco based upon one guy's foolish idea is just as stupid. I apologize if my rant sounded like I was calling UMP names. That was not my intention.

CBergerson
06-21-2007, 11:19 AM

UMPs reply to this was very classy. He used humor to defuse what could have turned into a war of words over a misunderstanding.

I really enjoy all of the other comedians out there among you. This site is great for information AND a few laughs!! :D

How many more posts do I need to get past TT Newbie???

06-21-2007, 11:27 AM
I agree. The ban is stupid. But, to make broad generalizations about California and San Francisco based upon one guy's foolish idea is just as stupid. I apologize if my rant sounded like I was calling UMP names. That was not my intention.

First Off, Its OK to call me names. :) We are cool Chad. I never took offense, and even if I did, its OK. :toast:

2nd, I really didnt focus my rant on California and San Fran, I am ranting about all that type of BS in general. that whole mindset is what boils me. it has nothing to do with geographics. It just happens to be there that this is happening. I am just tired of the whining and crying attitudes. tired of the worrying about offending someone. tired of the people forgetting and ignoring what this country means, and what it stands for. I am just tired of it.

I suppose I should have kept my mouth shut, but I feel strongly about this. I think people need to respect our heritage and the things that represent it, in this case, the Blue Angles.

06-21-2007, 11:34 AM
UMPs reply to this was very classy. He used humor to defuse what could have turned into a war of words over a misunderstanding.

I really enjoy all of the other comedians out there among you. This site is great for information AND a few laughs!!

How many more posts do I need to get past TT Newbie???
Imagine that! Me and "Classy" in the same sentence!! 8p :uglyhamme:

No problems Chad. we are cool. differences of opinion are natural, and we just need to respect that.

As far as your newbie status, well, you need to become an apprentice of Ric or myself. ;) We are the Senseis of stupid, and the sultans of swing. or.......there is another way...... you can also "get your wings" by running the gaunlet.....Lakey's Hammock. that will also break you in and make a man outta ya!;)

puck_11
06-21-2007, 11:34 AM
Well, given San Franciscos current attitude towards the military, they banned JROTC programs and shunned the retired USS IOWA that was to be converted into a museum, you never know what they are going to do.

TEX, UMP, Nice words! I totally agree!

Chad - "The least informed people usually screech the loudest and make fools of themselves, whether they are from the left or the right." I totally agree, I believe the supervisor should adhere to this one! Where in MN are you from? I'm from St. Cloud

CBergerson
06-21-2007, 11:39 AM
Well, given San Franciscos current attitude towards the military, they banned JROTC programs and shunned the retired USS IOWA that was to be converted into a museum, you never know what they are going to do.

TEX, UMP, Nice words! I totally agree!

Chad - "The least informed people usually screech the loudest and make fools of themselves, whether they are from the left or the right." I totally agree, I believe the supervisor should adhere to this one! Where in MN are you from? I'm from St. Cloud

I'm in Alexandria. I grew up in the Bemidji area. So, you are FROM St. Cloud, but now in Texas? Too bad, I need a ski partner.

puck_11
06-21-2007, 11:41 AM
Yeah, I miss MN but I go where the Navy sends me! I'll make it back there someday! I need to buy me some lake property, I can't imagine what its going to be like in 10-20 years :eek3:

06-21-2007, 11:42 AM
I'm in Alexandria. I grew up in the Bemidji area. So, you are FROM St. Cloud, but now in Texas? Too bad, I need a ski partner.
HEY! A minnesotan! Hey Chad, do yoos guys like Pasties over there? I know they eat them there too.

CBergerson
06-21-2007, 11:54 AM
HEY! A minnesotan! Hey Chad, do yoos guys like Pasties over there? I know they eat them there too.

Sorry, I have not had the privelege. They sound good, though. I looked on wikipedia to see what it was.

We Scandanavians only eat lutefisk, lefse, and hotdish!!

M-Funf
06-21-2007, 12:04 PM

I believe the plan is still to turn the Iowa into a museum in Stockton...

USS Iowa is coming to Stockton! (http://www.navyleaguestockton.org/Story3.htm)

Daly is an idiot...period. Banning the Angels has been blurted out many times, but they keep coming back...

shepherd
06-21-2007, 02:10 PM
I wonder how much of a say San Francisco has in the matter. :confused:

shepherd
06-21-2007, 02:12 PM
Imagine that! Me and "Classy" in the same sentence!! 8p :uglyhamme:

No problems Chad. we are cool. differences of opinion are natural, and we just need to respect that.

As far as your newbie status, well, you need to become an apprentice of Ric or myself. ;) We are the Senseis of stupid, and the sultans of swing. or.......there is another way...... you can also "get your wings" by running the gaunlet.....Lakey's Hammock. that will also break you in and make a man outta ya!;)

Well, so much for the "classy" UMP! :uglyhamme
You had me worried there boy... dontchano.

06-21-2007, 02:23 PM
Well, so much for the "classy" UMP! :uglyhamme
You had me worried there boy... dontchano.
Yout can stop worryin' SHep, UMP still has no class :D :D

fintek9
06-21-2007, 02:34 PM
not so UMP,not so.. I can see you buying yourself a jet a making your own fly by over San Fran..... Now thats CLASS!:headbang:
And while your buzzing the city you can throw out leaflets on how to make a pasties, then they can all sit back...eat a pastie and watch the Blue Angels show...life is good

shepherd
06-21-2007, 02:55 PM
But don't forget to include the special ingredient in the pastie recipe.

06-21-2007, 02:56 PM
not so UMP,not so.. I can see you buying yourself a jet a making your own fly by over San Fran..... Now thats CLASS!:headbang:
Oh I dont know. Fintek, sit down, you and me gotta have a talk and introduce you to my inner cheapskate. I cant see me spending any amount of money like that, even if I had it. I am so cheap that I use both sides of my kleenix when blowing my nose. :D

454Prostar190
06-21-2007, 06:09 PM
Well... I'll tell you how it is. I live in San Francisco and Chris Daly is a jerk. He's one of those people that will exploit a situation to draw attention to himself such as this "Banning of the Blue Angels". As a matter of fact, one of the conversations today at lunch was about him and situations like this. I come here to look at boats and here he is again! Somebody earlier mentioned, that his proposal had to be approved first and they were correct. He has a personal battle going with the mayor and im my opinion doesn't know where to stop. Gosh, I feel so much better now! Rick

454Prostar190
06-21-2007, 06:09 PM
Well... I'll tell you how it is. I live in San Francisco and Chris Daly is a jerk. He's one of those people that will exploit a situation to draw attention to himself such as this "Banning of the Blue Angels". As a matter of fact, one of the conversations today at lunch was about him and situations like this. I come here to look at boats and here he is again! Somebody earlier mentioned, that his proposal had to be approved first and they were correct. He has a personal battle going with the mayor and im my opinion doesn't know where to stop. Gosh, I feel so much better now! Rick

puck_11
06-21-2007, 06:17 PM

Thanks for the input...nice to know that not everyone is SF is insane. I'm sure most of us were figuring he was one of those types always trying to draw attention and make something out of nothing