PDA

View Full Version : Ugh...logistics question

P-hat_in_Cincy
06-15-2007, 03:04 PM
Some may know our tow vehicle puked on the way home from Norris Lake (TN). Got surprise news that it's ready to be picked up...a week early. Ford has offered up to $500 to get the vehicle here or me to the vehicle. Only deal is it's Friday afternoon and the one rental car company that also has a store in Lafollette, TN doesn't do one way rentals outside the greater Cincinnati area (I don't want to go all the way into Knoxville). I'd rather not take 2 vehicles down, but...?

Anyone have any experience with a situation like this? The TN dealer is looking into a driver service, but...???

To top it off, we had made plans to go 'play' in Columbus since we figured we'd be without a pull for a few weeks.

M-Funf
06-15-2007, 03:09 PM
can you fly there for < $500? Bus? Hire a town car???

Monte
06-15-2007, 03:38 PM
Some may know our tow vehicle puked on the way home from Norris Lake (TN). Got surprise news that it's ready to be picked up...a week early. Ford has offered up to $500 to get the vehicle here or me to the vehicle. Only deal is it's Friday afternoon and the one rental car company that also has a store in Lafollette, TN doesn't do one way rentals outside the greater Cincinnati area (I don't want to go all the way into Knoxville). I'd rather not take 2 vehicles down, but...?

Anyone have any experience with a situation like this? The TN dealer is looking into a driver service, but...???

To top it off, we had made plans to go 'play' in Columbus since we figured we'd be without a pull for a few weeks.

If it is at a dealership offer to let them take the $500.00 and send their runners to bring it to you...

P-hat_in_Cincy
06-15-2007, 03:44 PM
If it is at a dealership offer to let them take the $500.00 and send their runners to bring it to you...

BINGO! That's probably what's going to happen. When I initially inquired, they didn't have a service. When Ford called them and authorized $500, that brought their runners into play. I may not know anything until Monday, but that sounds the path we'll go as he said he's 70% sure they'll do it. Heck...even if it makes it half way here (Lexington/Richnomd) I'd be happy.

Anyway...that opens up the door for us to go play, so Happy Friday all!

I'll drink to you for your responses! DISCLAIMER...the posts BEFORE this post. Knowing some of you from this board, you'd hold me to drinking to EVERY post (to follow) in this thread! :D

:toast: