PDA

View Full Version : private lakes

zaakmuro
06-15-2007, 11:49 AM
does anyone know where i could find information about how to start a private lake.

rodltg2
06-15-2007, 11:54 AM
do you mean, buy land, dig a lake , start a club??

Ric
06-15-2007, 12:06 PM
Welcome, thats a helluva first post! Do it! waterski mag has had some articles over the past year or so

awsa actually has a booklet you can order from them on how to build and run your own ski lake.

Sodar
06-15-2007, 12:08 PM
The biggest issue (around here at least) is finding land with water rights. Obtaining those permits and getting the go ahead is the biggest hurdle. After that, it is just a construction project!

tex
06-15-2007, 03:39 PM
PM Bruce Carr. He can help!

rodltg2
06-15-2007, 03:56 PM
since were on the subject....

many of you probably know ive been after this for awhile now.. two of my deals have not gone though. well a new listing came up that looks like it will work. i went to look at it yesterday. plenty of room , plenty of water supply, dirt should be good, price is good ( for cali ) but it has one big drawback. it is about 1 hr away from work, family and friends. maybe less without trafiic. i timed it door to door yesterday from my office and it was 55min. at 430 pm. is it worth it???? i dont know. the other places ive looked at have been about 20minutes away. waiting to hear back form the county to see if they can give me a heads up on whether a lake there is a possiblity or not regarding grading permits and water rights. what i like about the place is that it is 55ac, includes a house and 6 car garage. not only could i fit a lake but other fun things as well.

here is my artist redition with the lake added in..

bigpack20
06-15-2007, 04:23 PM
since were on the subject....

many of you probably know ive been after this for awhile now.. two of my deals have not gone though. well a new listing came up that looks like it will work. i went to look at it yesterday. plenty of room , plenty of water supply, dirt should be good, price is good ( for cali ) but it has one big drawback. it is about 1 hr away from work, family and friends. maybe less without trafiic. i timed it door to door yesterday from my office and it was 55min. at 430 pm. is it worth it???? i dont know. the other places ive looked at have been about 20minutes away. waiting to hear back form the county to see if they can give me a heads up on whether a lake there is a possiblity or not regarding grading permits and water rights. what i like about the place is that it is 55ac, includes a house and 6 car garage. not only could i fit a lake but other fun things as well.

here is my artist redition with the lake added in..

That looks and sound cool:cool: Good luck

BrianM
06-15-2007, 04:58 PM
it is about 1 hr away from work, family and friends. maybe less without trafiic. i timed it door to door yesterday from my office and it was 55min. at 430 pm. is it worth it???? i dont know.

YES!!! My wife and I both drive 45minutes to 1 hour each way everyday and we don't even live on a lake. We do like the area and quality of life here as opposed to closer to work though and I would drive at least half again as far as I do now if I had to. If it was to live on a private lake I wouldn't even have to think about it if the commute was 1 1/2 hours or less.

rodltg2
06-15-2007, 05:12 PM
im thinking it wont be too bad, thanks brian. but remember i may live there for awhile before the lake gets finished. could be years. plus there is the possibilty of never getting it done which would totally suck .then i would have to sell and move agian. its a scary move. but before i give it much more though i need to walk it again and hear back from the county. at least its only 15minutes from a major town. just not the one i work in.

rodltg2
06-15-2007, 05:14 PM
:D how about you move here brian, and you can split the cost with me!!! :D

BrianM
06-15-2007, 05:53 PM
:D how about you move here brian, and you can split the cost with me!!! :D
Not moving back to the 916. Sactown has gotten way too big and way too expensive since I left 12 years ago. Plus the cost of living here is pretty darn cheap and I am really getting used to this hurricane thing now. :rolleyes:

But I would be glad to drive out and bum a couple of sets from you when I am out visiting family.:cool:

What town is this property close to?

rodltg2
06-15-2007, 06:18 PM
in between marysville and oroville off 70