06-14-2007, 08:07 PM
Very funny! I hope ya'll get what ya wished fer :D

RexDog1
06-14-2007, 08:10 PM
All I “wished fer” Is what made me a father :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

pram
06-14-2007, 08:43 PM
All I “wished fer” Is what made me a father

You should tell that to Sodar..... Sodar did you read that????????? :D :confused: :D :confused:

betsy&david Harrison
06-14-2007, 09:05 PM
[QUOTE=prambold]You should tell that to Sodar..... Sodar did you read that?????????
Ha Ha! I think he gets plenty of that.:rolleyes:

trickskier
06-14-2007, 09:19 PM
Thanks Rex..............Hope you have a GOOD one as well............Are you racing this weekend???

TMCNo1
06-14-2007, 09:23 PM
All I “wished fer” Is what made me a father :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Have fun!
Maybe one of your girlfriends will step up and show you your child, right before she files for a paternity test and goes for child support!

RexDog1
06-14-2007, 09:33 PM
Thanks Rex..............Hope you have a GOOD one as well............Are you racing this weekend???

No racing this weekend,:o going out to Laughin to get wet for 2/3 days:D

Have a good one my friend!!!!!!!!!!!! Go get wet!!!!!!!!!!:toast:

Happy Father Day :wavey:

trickskier
06-14-2007, 09:35 PM
No racing this weekend,:o going out to Laughin to get wet for 2/3 days:D

Have a good one my friend!!!!!!!!!!!! Go get wet!!!!!!!!!!:toast:

Happy Father Day :wavey:
Roger That!!!...........I'm going to the Lake Saturday & hopefully Sunday.......
BE SAFE!!!

RexDog1
06-14-2007, 09:39 PM
Roger That!!!...........I'm going to the Lake Saturday & hopefully Sunday.......
BE SAFE!!!

Will do ………:D you all be safe out there ………………. :headbang:

X2M
06-14-2007, 09:43 PM
Happy Fathers Day to all you Dads. :) Hope you all have a nice weekend with your family...and boats too. :D

Slinkyredfoot
06-14-2007, 09:45 PM
Yea, it is great to be a dad isn't it????

trickskier
06-14-2007, 09:48 PM
Yea, it is great to be a dad isn't it????
MOST of the TIME..............................:rolleyes:

Slinkyredfoot
06-14-2007, 09:50 PM
MOST of the TIME..............................:rolleyes:

And what about the other times???:rolleyes:

trickskier
06-14-2007, 09:53 PM
And what about the other times???:rolleyes:
That's when you HAVE to be a FATHER....................

BriEOD
06-14-2007, 10:26 PM
It is good all of the time! Don't take it for granted.

I was driving down I-95 2 weeks ago in Virginia and a Ford Sport Track heading in the opposite direction that I was lost control, hit the median, went into a roll, came across my lane and finally came to rest on its wheels on the shoulder of my lane. I was the closest vehicle to the accident. The guy I was with and I pulled over and went running up to the scene. To make a long story short, I ended up having to cut a 9 month old little girl out of a car seat. She was not properly fastened, that is to say the crotch strap was not buckled, but the chest strap was. The result was her legs and butt were hanging out of the window, but the chest strap had acted as a ligature around her neck. She expired shortly after I got her out of the car. Her mother went through the windshield and was killed instantly. Her 5 and 10 year old sisters were ejected out of the vehicle and onto the pavement of I-95. They both experienced major (I won't goss anyone out) head trauma. The 10 year old was killed instantly. The 5 year old expired before the ambulance arrived despite our attempts at CPR. Lastly, the aunt was thrown out of the passenger seat and as she left the vehicle her side was ripped open and most of her organs came out. She expired as well.

How does this relate to father's day? Well, as I was standing by for 2 hours for the accident investigation, the family arrived to ID the deceased. The dad had to ID all 3 of his children, wife and sister. I felt awful but I know I did what I could. The sad thing is the vehicle held up quite well. I am not an expert on crashes, but I feel strongly had they been wearing seat belts (NONE of them had one on correctly) they would have survived.

trickskier
06-14-2007, 10:47 PM
That's an extremely tragic and horrifying story................Believe me, I've seen my share of accidents over the years and I never take anything for granted when it comes to family & friends............My comment about "Most of the Time" was directed at when I have to discipline my kids...............Which is very seldom.............And believe me I run a pretty tight ship...............So when I do discipline them it hurts, but it's ONLY because I love them, which is still hard for them to understand...........Especially when they have friends with extremely liberal parents................

I hope everyone will read your story and understand how fragile life is and how a tragic event can happen to anyone at anytime............

TMCNo1
06-14-2007, 11:54 PM
That's an extremely tragic and horrifying story................Believe me, I've seen my share of accidents over the years and I never take anything for granted when it comes to family & friends............My comment about "Most of the Time" was directed at when I have to discipline my kids...............Which is very seldom.............And believe me I run a pretty tight ship...............So when I do discipline them it hurts, but it's ONLY because I love them, which is still hard for them to understand...........Especially when they have friends with extremely liberal parents................

I hope everyone will read your story and understand how fragile life is and how a tragic event can happen to anyone at anytime............

Provided nothing goes wrong, they WILL understand someday and they will thank you for your deligence. Now that Traci is a parent, she gets it, 10 months ago, she didn't.

suedv
06-15-2007, 12:32 AM
It is good all of the time! Don't take it for granted...

What a terrible experience. I can't even imagine how bad it would be.

You're right, we do have a lot to be thankful for. I'm thankful for Rick as my husband and the good dad he's been for our kids.

Happy father's day to all you dads. I hope you all have a nice time with your families. :)

Ric
06-15-2007, 12:58 AM

. That is horrible and does make one stop and think to cherish every moment.

Bri, in your assesment of the vehicle after the rollover, could you tell what or who may have caused the crash ?

tex
06-15-2007, 01:13 AM
I sat tonight at a Ronald MCDonald's house party. They had people there that got up and gave testimonials about how much RMH meant to them. Basically people talking about kids with cancer and people taking care of them. Kiss your kids on Father's day and think about people who don't complain about a bump at 28 off! We are a great group but never need to forget how good we got it! Happy Father's Day to my great friends!-

Sorry for the double post-slow pc but it's a cause worth a double post!

Happy Father's Day

MIMC
06-15-2007, 01:27 AM
How horrible to experience something like that - I would have nightmares forever! I have a 6 and 3 year old girls - even though the 6 yr old is old enough for a booster seat, we got one with a 5-point harness. We will keep them both in a harnes type of car seat until we feel they are large enough to be properly retained by a seat belt. Happy Father's Day to all the Dads! We are going to Big Boy for all you can eat breakfast buffet and then out on the lake!

tex
06-15-2007, 01:31 AM
I just sat there and chocked my drink down and cried!

BriEOD
06-15-2007, 08:48 AM
Ric,

A witness claimed the driver started to drive off of the road (right side) and over steered (jerked the wheel I'm sure) back onto the road. This caused her to leave her lane, go into the next lane, and then enter the median. When she hit the median the slope and grade coupled with her speed caused her vehicle to induce a roll. It rolled accross two lanes of oncoming traffic and landed on its wheels in the oncoming traffic shoulder.

As for the infant, I can only assume they were trying to change her diaper. When I removed her from the vehicle she did not have on a diaper or underwear. Perhaps, they unfastened the crotch strap and attempted to change her in the seat. That is all I can come up with.

Either way, very sad. I worked the Pentagon recovery following the 9/11 attacks. This accident was equally disturbing to me. Mainly because of the 3 little girls. I have a real soft spot for kids, ask my wife.

Maristar210
06-15-2007, 09:11 AM
This thread was not what I expected to read this morning. Wow sorry you had to endure that Bri

Have a good Fathers Day

chudson
06-15-2007, 10:45 AM
This is a great thread to be a remider to wear our seatbelts and to drill into our kids heads for them to wear theirs. Let's hope and pray that we're all here next year to wish each other a happy fathers day.

"Happy Fathers Day to all Dads

BriEOD
06-15-2007, 05:11 PM
This thread was not what I expected to read this morning. Wow sorry you had to endure that Bri

Have a good Fathers Day
Thanks Steve and you do the same my friend!

Ric
06-17-2007, 10:34 AM
Happy Father's Day all!

"I woke up this morning and looked around at all these people in my home who are not paying rent!"

TMCNo1
06-17-2007, 11:08 AM
Happy Fathers day everyone! It's my first being a grandfather too and it makes it that much more special.

tex
06-17-2007, 12:07 PM
Happy Father's Day. This is one of those cool ones. My son turned 7 yesterday and today is Father's Day. Too bad I've got a bum knee and the rain is falling! We should be ripping it up!

tex
06-17-2007, 01:47 PM
Got a new pair of Swimming (won't be skiing til next summer) Trunks and some Cole Hahn beach shoes.