PDA

View Full Version : Oil pan plug thread

M-Funf
06-12-2007, 04:58 PM
Anybody know what the pan plug thread on a '76 351W would be? I'd like to change the plug to the quick change oil extension line...

TIA.

TMCNo1
06-12-2007, 05:35 PM
Anybody know what the pan plug thread on a '76 351W would be? I'd like to change the plug to the quick change oil extension line...

TIA.

You can get a drain line kit from www.skidim.com, PN #4404. http://www.skidim.com/products.asp?dept=1054

M-Funf
06-12-2007, 05:38 PM
All the pans on the 351W should be the same. you can get a drain line kit from www.skidim.com, PN #4404.http://www.skidim.com/products.asp?dept=1054

Thanks, No1.
So I'd still need to use a pump to remove the oil since this line is too short? Either that, or I guess I could add a piece of hose that allowed me to go out the drain hole (but that's hard to get to)...

TMCNo1
06-12-2007, 05:40 PM
Thanks, No1.
So I'd still need to use a pump to remove the oil since this line is too short? Either that, or I guess I could add a piece of hose that allowed me to go out the drain hole (but that's hard to get to)...
Isn't your bilge drain plug under the front of the engine?

M-Funf
06-12-2007, 05:43 PM
Isn't your bilge drain plug under the front of the engine?

Nope...no plug in the bottom of the boat :o Just the one in the transom...

TMCNo1
06-12-2007, 05:48 PM
Nope...no plug in the bottom of the boat :o Just the one in the transom...

You can raise the bow up, the place some clear vinyl tubing that fits over the end of the drain line fitting and let it drain out thru the transom. Tubing can be found @ Ace Hardware fairly cheap and when through, just flush out the tube with lacquer thinner and store after it's dry till next time.

M-Funf
06-12-2007, 05:50 PM
You can raise the bow up, the place some clear vinyl tubing that fits over the end of the drain line fitting and let it drain out thru the transom. Tubing can be found @ Ace Hardware fairly cheap and when through, just flush out the tube with lacquer thinner and store after it's dry till next time.

We use a ton of Tygon tubing here at work...It would probably be easier to just...ahem...borrow a piece of the correct size, drain the oil, and then ditch the extension rather than clean it...

Thanks for the idea No1 :D

craig3972
06-12-2007, 05:52 PM
when i drain the oil in my 06 x-star, it takes forever to exit via forces of gravity thru the drain hose out the transom plug hole... even after a thurough warming... how do most of you get your old oil out?