PDA

View Full Version : '02 205v Lanyard Switch

bob4152
06-11-2007, 08:23 PM
Howdy, newbie here. I could use some help. Went to start the boat this year and it only turns over. I'm thinking the lanyard switch because I don't hear the fuel pump prime. I can't get to the darned thing. The side panel screws just turn. It looks like I have to remove the shifter control head, then faux wood panel to get my arm within the side panel. Can I just remove the allen head set screw on the bottom of the control head? Will the lever just slide off? There's a disengage button in the center that is spring loaded. Any worries? Is there such a thing as a tech manual for this boat?
If someone knows what color the wires are and where they land I could probably check it easier from there.

Thank You

erkoehler
06-11-2007, 08:25 PM
When you turn the key to the "ON" position, do the guages turn on? If so, it isn't the lanyard.

bob4152
06-11-2007, 10:41 PM
Yep, you were right about that.:worthy: Plan B. I have a grey, white and green to the fuel pump plug. Would you know which is what? I don't want to back feed the PCM and blow that up.
Thanks for helping out.

bob4152
06-12-2007, 07:29 PM
OK, fuel pump is gone. I don't understand how it was fine last year. Maybe gas dried up within the pump? That'll teach me to make sure the tank is full W/ a stabilizer. The boat has been flawless - I think it knows I'm going to trade her in on a newer model.
The dealer I purchased my boat from was giving me a discount on the fuel pump, they want $472. The dealer in the next county wants $392.
I guess my dealer doesn't want to sell me a new boat very badly. Any recommendations - I'm willing to drive.

2000205V
06-14-2007, 01:27 AM
erkoehler (he responded above) is a dealer ... He's too far away for me, but other guys on here can vouch that you'll be treated right.