PDA

View Full Version : splined prop

dahouse
06-11-2007, 10:53 AM
My 04 Prostar 209 came with a spline shaft, which is apparently uncommon. None of the aftermarket prop shops carry my prop, and OJ wants $500+ for it. I run a 12.5 pitch now but I'll change if I bust-up another one. Let me know if anybody has an old one for sale or knows where I can get a cheaper spare.

bigmac
06-11-2007, 11:35 AM
My 04 Prostar 209 came with a spline shaft, which is apparently uncommon. None of the aftermarket prop shops carry my prop, and OJ wants $500+ for it. I run a 12.5 pitch now but I'll change if I bust-up another one. Let me know if anybody has an old one for sale or knows where I can get a cheaper spare.All the MasterCrafts have been using splined shafts since about...what?...2002? Certainly not uncommon IMHO. Personally, I would consider a tapered shaft as a negative. As to the cost, my Acme splined 4 blade replacement was less than $400 and I'm sure that OJ is competitive with that...I don't know why the prop you're talking about would be more than $500. Is it stainless steel? I would also consider a stainless steel prop to be a negative. Negligible performance increase, but increased potential for drive-train damage in the event of a prop-strike.

Anyway, you should deal directly with Eric Johnson at OJ or Bill Weeks at Acme. Those companies are among the most customer-service oriented in the boat biz.

EJ OJPROP
06-15-2007, 09:51 AM
The suggested retail price for our 12.5 X 12 LC Splined XMP 4-blade is $446.00. There are many places online that offer better pricing. Please give me a call if you have any other questions.

Eric@OJPROPS
800-359-9730