PDA

View Full Version : 1988 tri-star hull cracked fix?

TRISTARX
06-11-2007, 10:01 AM
I have a 1988 22' Tristar. It was in the water not on a lift and the level of the lake dropped 2 feet. The botton of the hull was slamming on the bottom of the lake. It created a hairline fracture in the hull right by the bilge pump. It is a crack about 2 inches long. Water slowly seeps in from the crack. Is this something I can do or should I have a professional fix it? I would suppose you would need to sand down both sides and regalss and gelcoat. I am trying to sell the boat but would like to fix it first. any ideas of how much this may cost? Has this happened to anyone else? Any comments or suggestions would be great.

Thanks

TMCNo1
06-11-2007, 10:14 AM
I have a 1988 22' Tristar. It was in the water not on a lift and the level of the lake dropped 2 feet. The botton of the hull was slamming on the bottom of the lake. It created a hairline fracture in the hull right by the bilge pump. It is a crack about 2 inches long. Water slowly seeps in from the crack. Is this something I can do or should I have a professional fix it? I would suppose you would need to sand down both sides and regalss and gelcoat. I am trying to sell the boat but would like to fix it first. any ideas of how much this may cost? Has this happened to anyone else? Any comments or suggestions would be great.

Thanks

I would think the work should be done by a professional, who knows how to properly restore the structural integrity of the area effected, as well as a non obvious gelcoat repair. As far as cost, I would call or visit various shops and get written estimates.