PDA

View Full Version : My new stick!

André
06-10-2007, 12:10 PM
Came in friday with an ...HO hole patern...:mad:
My KD rtp won't fit.No big deal because my back hurt and i won't ski this week end.
I inspect every bit of the ski and the finish is impeccable...
Can't wait!
My back should be better tomorrow!:)

Edit:Sorry for the size of the pic.Just got the small HP digital and don't know how to use it much yet.
It's a 2007 D3 Nomad RC.

ski_king
06-10-2007, 12:25 PM
Looks good André!
Nice photo showing your boat in the background.
Your grass is nice and green since you burnt off your yard a couple of years ago.

André
06-10-2007, 12:34 PM
Looks good André!
Nice photo showing your boat in the background.
Your grass is nice and green since you burnt off your yard a couple of years ago.
Who? Me?
Nope ,never did that...:o

ski_king
06-10-2007, 12:41 PM
Are you going to stay with a RTP?

your grass needs cut...

cm02WS6
06-10-2007, 09:31 PM
That's an awesome ski! What ski are you coming from? My friend just got one a couple weeks ago, and she liked it right out of the box. She was a little nervous getting on a new ski right at the start of the year, but she ran several 28's and a couple 32's right away and then back to her usual mid-35 within a couple days. It was great, she came in after the first set and I asked how it went, she just said simply "this is going to be a good ski". Quite a turnaround from being extremely nervous about it 10 minutes before!

I also upgraded from a 2004 D3 Custom X to a 2006 Nomad (not the new RC) for this year, and I REALLY like that ski. Even though the new RC is out, buying that ski was a really good decision (got a good deal too). I thought my old one was a great ski, but this is so much better. The thing that I really noticed was that this one just wants to GO after the bouy. I can't image how much better the new RC would be!

beef
06-11-2007, 08:28 AM
That's the ski I can't wait to try. Please let us know what you think when you can ski it.

Is D3 going to send you a new ski with the new hole pattern or will you drill the plate?

André
06-11-2007, 05:18 PM
That's the ski I can't wait to try. Please let us know what you think when you can ski it.

Is D3 going to send you a new ski with the new hole pattern or will you drill the plate?
Dealer error!
I'll keep this one and will transfer my KD rtp to a HO plate.
Plate is at the bus terminal now,just don't feel like going back to town tonite...
Will keep you guys update when i get this ski wet!

Was on a 02 KD 7000 and a Kidder FX 7.0 before that.
Trying to stay with Dennis Kidder skis as i found them to be very user friendly right out of the box!

Ric
06-11-2007, 05:28 PM
Came in friday with an ...HO hole patern...:mad:
My KD rtp won't fit.No big deal because my back hurt and i won't ski this week end.
I inspect every bit of the ski and the finish is impeccable...
Can't wait!
My back should be better tomorrow!:)

Edit:Sorry for the size of the pic.Just got the small HP digital and don't know how to use it much yet.
It's a 2007 D3 Nomad RC. Looks like one angry ski!

rodltg2
06-11-2007, 05:37 PM
alot of folks at my lake are on the RC. people really like it. say its faster and turns a bit better than last years nomad. id try it but i'm afraid i 'll like it. i dont want to buy a ski this year since i bought 2 last year.

Brent
06-11-2007, 06:10 PM
Yes, the plate is at your bus turminal !

uawaterskier
06-12-2007, 09:23 AM
I love my d3

88 PS190
06-12-2007, 01:51 PM
I love my Nomad, too bad the goode choice to break before the RC was out...

bbeach
06-12-2007, 03:03 PM
Please report back on this Nomad RC... i've been eyeing one as my Monza is acting up again in the warmer water... The thing freaks me out... One day its fine the next its a mess. I ran a sweet tailwind 28 on it the other night in serious whitecaps though. never thought it'd stick like that. But then again $1025 is some serious jack to drop on a new D3...

Brad

André
06-12-2007, 10:45 PM
Well folks,i skied that Nomad tonite.Binding position suggested is 30.5 inches from tail.With my KD Vise binding at the maximum forward position i get 30.25 inches...So i installed everything one hole forward,same as my KD 7000.
Lake was rough for my first set so i went easy.As all Dennis Kidder skis ,this one is smooth right of the box!Very friendly and very fast when you go for it.The ski seems very responsive and i could really feel the weight difference of the ski,that thing is really light!
Water was way smoother for my second set and after an easy 22 off at 34,i shorthened it to 28 which is the last loop that i can make a full pass.
Took way but way,way too much speed into one and fell right there.
Second try was better but didn't really go for it.
Third try ended up an "easy" 28 off and the ski felt great!!!
So far so good.Ski looks good and ski amazingly easy .
My back is still stiff and i'm not really in ski shape yet but i think that this could be the ski that take me into the world of the "thirty something off" this summer...:rolleyes:
Girlfriend is getting the couch tonight...I'm sleeping with my Nomad!:)

betsy&david Harrison
06-12-2007, 11:02 PM
Snuggle up! should be great dreamin tonight :)

PendO
06-13-2007, 12:12 AM
Girlfriend is getting the couch tonight...I'm sleeping with my Nomad!:)

C'mon ... even you frenchies are not that crazy:)

Cottonwood
06-13-2007, 01:14 PM
I have a demo model being sent to my lake. Should arrive today. I've heard comparisons to the Fischer. We'll see. Have a Sixam SS on loan as well that will get a ride early next week. I really liked last year's Nomad but wished it had been a bit quicker out of the buoy and carried out better off the 2nd wake. Hopefully they've made the necessary improvements.

jhd

Cottonwood
06-18-2007, 03:14 PM
Skied the RC at my back to back tournaments this past weekend. Into 38 off 3 out of 4 rounds (too tired 4th round on Sunday). I recommend moving the bindings one hole forward of stock and getting a CBR fin from carbonfins.com ( either a 106 or 116). Here are the best numbers: 6.960 (tips) 2.512 depth and stock DFT. This is a great ski and is very similar in quickness to my Goode 9500 yet finishes the turn better and has equal carry-out.

André
06-18-2007, 04:29 PM
Love mine so far!
Not running as deep as Cottonwood but slowly getting back into skiing shape.Also running one hole forward on my KD Vise.
Also saw a Goode 9800 this week end.Didn't get to ski because of the binding system but the finish of the ski is nowhere near the Nomad RC.

east tx skier
06-18-2007, 04:49 PM
I have a demo model being sent to my lake. Should arrive today. I've heard comparisons to the Fischer. We'll see. Have a Sixam SS on loan as well that will get a ride early next week. I really liked last year's Nomad but wished it had been a bit quicker out of the buoy and carried out better off the 2nd wake. Hopefully they've made the necessary improvements.

jhd

Joe, as you said "loan," I suspect it will not be for sale, but just in case I have a cousin that is eying Sixams. If that one ends up for sale (or you have any older ones for which you're looking for a good home, drop me a line and I'll pass the info along to him. Thanks.