PDA

View Full Version : Looking to Ski course in Boston / Eastern MA

spgrady
06-10-2007, 09:48 AM
I'm an experience slalom skier and boat driver looking to get some course time in around this area. I usually ski in upstate NY every couple weekends or so, but am hoping to find some ski friends closer to my home area for some mid-week skiing. I'm used to bringing gas and some cold beverages (for after skiing of course), but I'm sure any other arrangement would work too - please contact me if interested.
Thanks!

JohnE
06-11-2007, 09:21 PM
Not sure exactly where you live, but I'm 26 miles from Boston, right off 495 in Milford. PM coming at ya. Too far if your in Boston, but if you're outside it, let me know.

spgrady
06-18-2007, 12:49 PM
I'm actually just north of Boston, but don't mind a bit of a drive for skiing... shoot me an email and maybe we can hook up for some water time... beantowngrady@yahoo.com

Mick
06-30-2007, 05:57 PM
Sean,

I'll be back from my "desert vacation" around jul 18th, and itching to get sets in with a lot of vacation time. Give me call around then, my number hasn't changed.

Kevin

JohnE
07-01-2007, 06:54 PM
Mick,

Not sure where you're located. CT possibly?

I got together with Shane last week and we have tentative plans to get together a couple nights a week. Nice guy and good skier.

He mentioned that he was skiing with someone from CT last year, I'm surmising it might be you? Anyhow, I'd love to have you join us, or else I'd love to join you.

John

Mick
07-02-2007, 06:24 PM
John,

Yup, I live in CT. Ski just across the border in MA. The boat is at the cabin in Brimfield. Where in CT do you ski? Did Shane finally spring for a new stick?

Kevin

Mick
07-02-2007, 06:26 PM
Shane,

Can't believe I called you Sean, sorry. I'm working nites over here, it was at like 5 am. Forgive me.

Kevin

tommcat
07-05-2007, 10:11 AM
not sure if it helps but i'm in western MA

JohnE
07-05-2007, 11:33 AM
John,

Yup, I live in CT. Ski just across the border in MA. The boat is at the cabin in Brimfield. Where in CT do you ski? Did Shane finally spring for a new stick?

Kevin

Kevin,

I ski in Milford, MA. Yeah, Shane finally bought a new ski. Bought a Nomad. He ski's it well. Hard to believe he was skiing on a 15 year old ski before this.

John

Mick
07-05-2007, 09:09 PM
JohnE,

I think Shane mentioned that Nomad at the end of last year, but I can't remeber him skiing on it. The last I remember, he wrenched his ankle borrowing my buddies old Phantom. I hope you recovered OK Shane.

Maybe we can get together when I get back. Do you have access to a course?

tommcat,

Same question. Where in western MA are you, what lake?

Mick

JohnE
07-05-2007, 09:27 PM
Kevin,

The lake I ski on during the week is about 2 miles from my house. My father lives there. There is a course, and Shane and I plan to get together there twice a week after work. We just met last week, and this week with the Holiday we didn't get together. So starting next week we'll be skiing regularly. It would be great if you could join us. Tentatively it's going to be Tuesday and Thursday probably 6:00 p.m. or so. With it staying light so late, that gives us plenty of time. The lake is seldom busy, and the course is only used in the a.m. by some hard core guys who live there. It's a relatively small lake, but great for skiing.

John

Mick
07-05-2007, 11:05 PM
John,

Awesome, sounds a lot like my setup. I'll be in touch in a few weeks. It'll take me some time to get back into ski shape, haven't been on the water this season.
Shane and I do a fun tourny mid Aug near Lake George NY, Daggett Lake. Great campground, nice people, laid back atmosphere. I want to be back in shape by then.

Kevin

spgrady
07-06-2007, 09:28 AM
Kevin, of course you're checking the MC site while on your desert vac, what was I thinking….classic…true die-hard Mastercrafter!

Yeah, the ankle turned out fine… I'm at about 10 sets on the new Nomad…beginning to get her dialed-in, with a goal of getting into 28 at Daggett this year…we'll see how I fair.

Was just out at the Goodman clinic at Pangaea - it was great - got a bunch of good tips that made an immediate improvement. What a site they have there...2 ponds with a boat running on each!

John - With a little luck from the weather gods, I'll see you tonight!