PDA

View Full Version : H O Truth?

94PS190
06-08-2007, 12:19 PM
I am looking for a new ( used ) ski on E-bay and I have seen a few H O truths. Does any one one here ride one? Any input would be very helpful. I ski 15 off at 34. Not a tournament skier, but pretty good and very aggressive.
Thanks

MYMC
06-08-2007, 12:31 PM
I am looking for a new ( used ) ski on E-bay and I have seen a few H O truths. Does any one one here ride one? Any input would be very helpful. I ski 15 off at 34. Not a tournament skier, but pretty good and very aggressive.
Thanks
Unless it is free I would pass.

94PS190
06-08-2007, 12:33 PM
why???????

jwroblew
06-08-2007, 12:53 PM
I skied on one once, at the time I was on a HO CDX, it skied a lot different than the CDX, one of the best skies of all time. After a few passes I got it to work for me but it required more patience and better fundamentals.

MYMC
06-08-2007, 01:46 PM
why???????
Very difficult to set-up and requires great attention to body position etc... Not forgiving and does not do well with modern body positions and techniques (compressed body position, heavy front foot bias etc).

The ski was not competitive with the products that were on the market at the same time, further the skis of today (i.e. Monza, Goode, D3 etc) are much better skis in all aspects.

shepherd
06-08-2007, 02:11 PM
MYMC will sell you a Monza!

Mike, I met a guy on our lake last weekend who said he almost bought a 197 from you (he was in his new CC when I met him - what's up with that? ;) ). Anyways, he said he told you he skied a Mapple and you told him it was junk and should by a Monza. Before he said that I was about to ask him if you tried to sell him a Monza too! :D

(btw, I told him he should have listened to you )

MYMC
06-08-2007, 03:12 PM
MYMC will sell you a Monza!

Mike, I met a guy on our lake last weekend who said he almost bought a 197 from you (he was in his new CC when I met him - what's up with that? ;) ). Anyways, he said he told you he skied a Mapple and you told him it was junk and should by a Monza. Before he said that I was about to ask him if you tried to sell him a Monza too! :D

(btw, I told him he should have listened to you )
Jim, funny I was just thinking about you guys yesterday...I flew over Tampa enroute to Sarasota, don't you guys live down there?

I wonder who that was? I guess I dropped the ball on the boat sale...it happens. I hated the Mapple, I'm too old and fat to work that hard getting cross course. In retrospect I guess I dropped the ball on all fronts with this guy, but you bought both so I guess I'm even;)

BTW, manual is on Fed-Ex today.

shepherd
06-08-2007, 05:11 PM
We're in Panama City.
The guy's name is Greg - didn't get a last name. He's new to the slalom course but says he's addicted already. I suppose he'll see the light after a while and buy a better ski. ;)