PDA

View Full Version : NC / Lake Jordan

Hrkdrivr
06-06-2007, 05:05 PM
Hello,

New to the area, I'm thinking about heading out to Lake Jordan this Saturday, June 9th.

Any advice on where to put in for a short drive to smooth water for wakeboarding. I'll be coming from the south, probably up Hwy 1.

Thanks! Looking forward to meeting some new MCers in NC :D

TMCNo1
06-06-2007, 07:07 PM
Anytime you are in the area of Greensboro, Kernersville, Walkertown and or Winston Salem, Belews Lake is about 12 miles NorthWest of Greensboro. Pay to launch $10 Weekends at Carolina Marina off Ellisboro Road, Pine Hall Public Access on Pine Hall Road or Piney Bluff Public Access on Hwy 65. We're there usually early Sat. mornings @ Piney Bluff till just after lunch, when it gets busy and rough. 2 Slalom courses, 1 North of lake at Carolina Marina and 1 South end, south of Hwy 158 bridge. Anytime you want to come up, just give us a shout out!

Hrkdrivr
06-06-2007, 07:55 PM
Will do! Once I get the family in town w/me we'll have to take a trip to meet you. I was in the process of moving (packers/breakers/driving) when Carolina Madness happened, otherwise we would've been there.

Hrkdrivr
06-08-2007, 09:13 AM
Met up with Hammer, a friend of his and his friend's son yesterday at Jordan. Hammer graciously let me ride along on his gorgeous ProStar and showed me around the lake and their slalom course. I even got a wakeboard set in (on a ProStar!!).

I've never been on a REAL ski boat before, nor had I ever seen/been on a slalom course before. Very cool.

Being a wakeboarder myself, I learned a lot about the course and mostly about staying the heck away from a slalom course w/a wakeboat! :D

I'm dragging my boat up there this weekend and might meet up w/him and/or his friends.

This forum is great for meeting folks!

Thanks again, Hammer!

TMCNo1
06-08-2007, 11:24 AM
Met up with Hammer, a friend of his and his friend's son yesterday at Jordan. Hammer graciously let me ride along on his gorgeous ProStar and showed me around the lake and their slalom course. I even got a wakeboard set in (on a ProStar!!).

I've never been on a REAL ski boat before, nor had I ever seen/been on a slalom course before. Very cool.

Being a wakeboarder myself, I learned a lot about the course and mostly about staying the heck away from a slalom course w/a wakeboat! :D

I'm dragging my boat up there this weekend and might meet up w/him and/or his friends.

This forum is great for meeting folks!

Thanks again, Hammer!

Hammer is a great guy and has a great family. Our daughter skied @ UNC in the South Atlantic Conference against ECU while competing in college. We all got to see him and his family @ CSM after 12 years!

djhuff
06-08-2007, 11:55 AM
Harold, what are you doing sending him to Belews on a weekend???

We were there a few weekends ago, and it was murder. Was like trying to take a left turn across interstate 40, never mind the line at the ramp. I can't get up that early.

Back to the OP... We will be out on Falls all weekend. Think I am in my boat today and tomorrow, don't know about sunday. When you are in the area, hit me up.

TMCNo1
06-08-2007, 12:23 PM
Harold, what are you doing sending him to Belews on a weekend???

We were there a few weekends ago, and it was murder. Was like trying to take a left turn across interstate 40, never mind the line at the ramp. I can't get up that early.

Back to the OP... We will be out on Falls all weekend. Think I am in my boat today and tomorrow, don't know about sunday. When you are in the area, hit me up.

We go early and leave around lunch! Usually breakfast on the water. The Sheriff blocks the drive in, until a rig leaves from the property before he lets the next boat in when the parking spaces are all gone @ Piney Bluff off Hwy. 65. When we get there there are only about 10 spaces taken and when we leave there is no traffic taking out cause they are all out on the lake dodging each other. This is 8am on over half the lake, from Humphrey's (@ powerlines) South.

Hammer
06-08-2007, 09:00 PM
No problem! Its always great to get out on the water and meet new folks. I'm not the greatest on the course for sure but I'm just happy to be on it again after many years. That wakeboarding stuff is pretty fun. After a couple face plants I think I was getting the hang of it.

Looking forward to getting together again.

Hammer

Hammer
06-08-2007, 09:04 PM
Hammer is a great guy and has a great family. Our daughter skied @ UNC in the South Atlantic Conference against ECU while competing in college. We all got to see him and his family @ CSM after 12 years!

Thanks for the "Props" TMC! When are you going to make the trip down this way?

TMCNo1
06-08-2007, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the "Props" TMC! When are you going to make the trip down this way?

You never know, we need something going on @ Lake Kristie like it used to be, a ProTour event of some kind would be nice!

Hammer
06-08-2007, 09:42 PM
I'm down south of Raleigh these days, near Fuquay-Varina. But a ProTour at Kristie would be great.

TMCNo1
06-09-2007, 08:20 AM
I'm down south of Raleigh these days, near Fuquay-Varina. But a ProTour at Kristie would be great.

That's what I thought when we talked @ CSM, closest we've been East lately was yesterday to pick up Grandbaby @ Asheboro for the weekend.
Traci and Eddie are at a wedding in Athens, GA and a Braves game, so I got a boat polishing and plant watering buddy to chase around the house and we'll go boating next week to balance life out.

Hrkdrivr
06-12-2007, 12:32 AM
Met up w/Hammer and his family on Sat, as well as Dan and his gang. Both great families and we had a good time on Harris. Nice lake but it got crazy pretty quickly.

I'm thinking about going to Falls Lake this coming Saturday, June 16th. Any advice? I see on the state map the western half of the lake is shallow...

TMCNo1
06-12-2007, 05:42 AM
Met up w/Hammer and his family on Sat, as well as Dan and his gang. Both great families and we had a good time on Harris. Nice lake but it got crazy pretty quickly.

I'm thinking about going to Falls Lake this coming Saturday, June 16th. Any advice? I see on the state map the western half of the lake is shallow...

We've never been to Falls, so I can't help there.

Hammer
06-12-2007, 03:18 PM
I've only been on falls once myself. Went on someone elses boat many years ago. The only thing I know is there are stumps. Since I don't know were to go there, I'll just stay away.

Hrkdrivr
06-13-2007, 05:36 PM
Poop...now I'm on call all weekend...no lake time for me...:rant:

Tomsinamerica
07-09-2007, 10:57 PM
So anyway... long story that's on a different thread about how/why i got my boat but....

I pick up my X-2 in a 2-3 weeks, i don't know many people in the area, let alone anyone who can drive a boat. If anyone wants to come out, show me around Jordan Lake (I only know it from a sailboat) and put in some sets... let me know. Fortunately, I "work from home" so not that restricted to weekends...

And by the way... I will make anyone look amazing at wakeboarding - I suck!

mdthacker
07-10-2007, 06:14 AM
On Lake Jordan if it's convenient for you, I like to pull in at Robeson Creek which is just outside of Pittsboro. It's small enough and out of the way enough that it seems to never be too busy. Also, it's free! My only real complaint is that the dock needs a few more tie down locations. Seems like some have been lost or stolen and not replaced yet.