PDA

View Full Version : Doubling Up

lelprostar205
06-06-2007, 04:22 PM
Ok so I have tried to do this doubling up thing and I can never get it right. Anyone have any advice? Thanks

TMCNo1
06-06-2007, 04:34 PM
IIRC, make 2 bets with the 1 hand you are delt!

JKTX21
06-06-2007, 04:48 PM
There was a good article a year or two ago in WB Magazine about how to drive double-ups. I'll look for it tonight and scan it if I can find it.

Doug G
06-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Briscoe has a write up on it:

http://www.thewakeboardcoach.com/newsite/ go to tips and tricks and double up

Jerseydave
06-06-2007, 09:10 PM
Here's what I've tried so far (I'm new at this too)

Riders with "regular" stance:

I take a quick 90 degree left turn and go straight about 200-300 yards, then turn right in a wide sweeping style until I make a large loop with the boat and end up going across my own wake that I created when I was going straight before. I try to cross that wake head-on at a right angle. (Think of the wake as a car that you want to hit broadside)

The rider will start on the inside of your "loop" and hit the double-up from there.

For "goofy" riders, just reverse the process.

You can eliminate the first step (90 degree initial turn) but we ride on a river so we're limited on space.

fintek9
06-07-2007, 11:49 AM
think of making (driving) a "question mark" and come through the first turn, that worked for me, start with that and you'll get the feel for it!

skeeler
06-07-2007, 02:50 PM
Skip the double up.....go for the triple up!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
06-07-2007, 03:58 PM
What the hell are you guys talking about???:confused: :o this wakeboarding stuff is too complicated. I tell my driver, "go STRAIGHT that way at 32 MPH until I fall or stop." End of instructions.

tex
06-07-2007, 04:00 PM
Skip the double up.....go for the triple up!
I almost got to do that in college!

chudson
06-07-2007, 04:39 PM
What the hell are you guys talking about???:confused: :o this wakeboarding stuff is too complicated. I tell my driver, "go STRAIGHT that way at 32 MPH until I fall or stop." End of instructions.

Had the same question and the site above sort of explained it: http://www.thewakeboardcoach.com/newsite/
Click on tips and tricks at the top and then click on "Double Up" .
One of the things talked about is Ricky McCormick doing a flip on the trick ski and I saw him do it several times in competition, one of the collest things I ever saw and always brought the crowd to its feet!!!

pram
06-07-2007, 05:06 PM
What the hell are you guys talking about??? this wakeboarding stuff is too complicated. I tell my driver, "go STRAIGHT that way at 32 MPH until I fall or stop." End of instructions.

tru dat

:steering: :banana: :worthy: :dance:

skeeler
06-07-2007, 06:46 PM
Now your talking!!! :D

06-07-2007, 10:12 PM
NO, no Tex, we are talking about watersports here!!! ya know wakeboarding, that kind of thing.

Monte
06-07-2007, 10:18 PM
NO, no Tex, we are talking about watersports here!!! ya know wakeboarding, that kind of thing.

I thought we were talking about double trailers:confused:

Tex has earned extra lunch table credits though.. He may even get a members only jacket and a pack of smokes:rolleyes::D

tex
06-07-2007, 10:42 PM
I ski, wakeboard, foot, foil, showski, jump, wakesurf, and wakeskate but no kneeboarding or watersports!

fintek9
06-07-2007, 10:53 PM
yaa, you're right It's prob way over your head! that just shows that I got smerter wen I was taken from Russes Rossing and brainwashed,
and turned into a civalized human being:rant:

06-08-2007, 03:33 PM
yaa, you're right It's prob way over your head! that just shows that I got smerter wen I was taken from Russes Rossing and brainwashed,
and turned into a civalized human being:rant:
Calm down dude, calm down! Everything is gonna be OK. I am just funnin' with yoos guys!:) Itsa all good :wavey:

fintek9
06-08-2007, 11:23 PM
UMP, you and me baby :steering: :toast: :friday: :headbang: someday!
that rant is me being turned into a troll against my will....
I think when I quoted you it came out wrong!! sorry friend
pleeezzzz forgive me.....

06-09-2007, 07:36 AM
UMP, you and me baby :steering: :friday: someday!
that rant is me being turned into a troll against my will....
I think when I quoted you it came out wrong!! sorry friend
pleeezzzz forgive me.....
NO problem dude. Its all good. :) WE are all still cool, I just like to have some fun razzin' the wakeboarders a bit. everyone knows I am just goofin. :D

TX.X-30 fan
06-09-2007, 11:43 AM
Simple as this. :)

h20winn
06-11-2007, 06:20 PM
http://www.thebookdvd.com/dvds/getstarted.htm

look at the sample video - it shows you a graphic diagram for double ups near the end of the video