PDA

View Full Version : Tower Gasget Problems Xstar 2006

BroncoBillys
06-06-2007, 05:18 PM
We have a new 06 X Star. We only have 26 hours and are having problems with the tower gasgets slipping. We have reset the gasgets twice but seems not to work. I have checked with service departments around the northwest with not much luck. Does anyone have a solutation. Thanks.

Sodar
06-06-2007, 05:27 PM
Welcome to the board!

I too, was noticing that the gaskets on my tower were slipping. I was thinking about buying new material and remaking them with a smaller hole, so that when the tower bolt went through, they would not have any room to slip out of center. Plus, the edge of the gasket looks like it was made by a 3 year old, with anti-cut sissors!!

fintek9
06-07-2007, 01:01 PM
you to hah, I tryed to lossen my bolts with no luck, so I just trimed
the little slippage away, alot still left for support but thats all I could do..
someday I'll probly take the time and try again. but heck, I don't notice it anymore and nobodys pointed it out, when someone does..
well!!!!!!!

06197ttlq9-footer
06-25-2007, 05:09 PM
Make sure bolts are tight, and trim with razor. If there is a gap between the boat and the tower, keep tightening until it shows on all sides and trim it. The gaskets are just there to keep tower from rubing a mark on gelcoat.

craig3972
06-25-2007, 06:51 PM
dont you think that should be warranty repair on such a new boat?

i too have such a boat... with the exact same problem, the dealer wanted to charge me to fix it.

rrbooker
06-26-2007, 10:46 AM
That should be a warranty repair!!!! Or the salesman you bought the boat from should take care of it! Mine is doing the same thing, and the dealer will take care of it. I know that every boat has its problems, but when you pay $60 to $70,000 for a boat, there should be very few of them!!!!!!! IMO