PDA

View Full Version : New Key Ignition didn't come with rubber bootie.

beatle78
06-06-2007, 03:47 PM
I just ordered a new key ignition switch and put it in last night. It has keys that say MC on them... NICE! My original set did not.

My problem is that there is no rubber bootie to go over the key hole and the old bootie doesn't seem to fit.

Any thoughts? If the how it's supposed to be?

The old ignition was all black plastic and this new ignition is all metal. That's that only difference I see.

Thanks,
beatle78

duckguy
06-06-2007, 04:07 PM
I dunno my MC gets lots of bootie

Sodar
06-06-2007, 04:22 PM
I just ordered a new key ignition switch and put it in last night. It has keys that say MC on them... NICE! My original set did not.

My problem is that there is no rubber bootie to go over the key hole and the old bootie doesn't seem to fit.

Any thoughts? If the how it's supposed to be?

The old ignition was all black plastic and this new ignition is all metal. That's that only difference I see.

Thanks,
beatle78

Pictures.... POR FAVOR!!!

06' X-2 R8R H8R
06-06-2007, 05:27 PM
I dunno my MC gets lots of bootie

Gotta Luv It

beatle78
06-07-2007, 09:40 AM
you must be jealous that your MC is getting so much bootie. Does he share?

rstitson
06-07-2007, 05:10 PM
Mine has no booty... Like it that way

beatle78
06-07-2007, 08:16 PM
ok, I just thought that was to help keep moisture out?

rstitson, what year is your boat?

msetexas
06-08-2007, 09:15 AM
Beatle:

My 99 VRS 230 has the rubber bootie but the new ignition I bought doesn't have it. When I asked the MC parts rep, I was told that it isn't needed on the new ignition.

Did your old one go out? I couldn't get duplicate keys for my old ignition so I had to buy a new one which is now in my on-boat toolbox in case I lose the only key I have for the old ignition. I thought it odd that the ignition comes with 2 keys and is approx $40 while extra keys are approx $20 each. I thought about ordering a third key and then just decided I'll wait and get another ignition and 2 more keys if I ever need to.

How long did the install take?