PDA

View Full Version : Replacement windshield

puck_11
06-06-2007, 02:45 PM
Hey everyone,

I posted a few months back with a broken windshield, http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=14373&highlight=broken+windshield, anyways, I have not been able to replace the windshield yet. I have talked to both MC dealers in TX, and one of them got back to me stating that MC does not stock the piece that I need, which is the front left piece, which is curved. He did state that MC does offer the full windshield and frame for a mere $1200. I talked to Marine Glass Specialties and he said he could make a piece for $1,000. He also had a few words about MC needing to have Taylormade start making those windshields again as he receives quite a few phone calls looking for those windshields. Anybody happen to have a left front windshield laying around? Anyone want to replace any of the glass on their 205? Does anyone else have any ideas? I got a check for 700, which is 1200 minus my 500 dollar deductable, which was supposed to cover the dealer quoted 500 windshield and 700 for labor?!?!? But apparently they didn't know at the time that they couldn't get the glass. Anyways, I'm trying to keep this as cheap as possible, and I would rather not spend a fortune trying to replace my windshield. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Jim@BAWS
06-06-2007, 10:45 PM
First of all BS on that truck. That truck is responsible for what comes out of the back of it, at least in Florida. They have special covers that cover them.

Give me a call in Tampa. I need a PHOTO of the windshield. I may have an extra in stock

Jim@BAWS

jim.baws@verizon.net (813) 996 2297

Storm861triple
06-09-2007, 06:54 PM
First of all BS on that truck. That truck is responsible for what comes out of the back of it, at least in Florida.
I agree w/Jim. Same laws apply in Mass and UT too. Jim did a good job hooking me up w/a windshield. They are spendy though. :(

kbrum
06-11-2007, 07:52 AM
Call taylor made directly. Don't be discouraged if it takes a long time. It took me several months to get a replacement and even then, I had to replace the upper and lower frame. Cost is 300-400.

puck_11
06-12-2007, 05:19 PM
Thanks for the help everyone...I've been out of town for a few days. Jim as soon as I get the chance, i'll get some pics off to you.