PDA

View Full Version : Pictures (as promised).

ivectoryou
06-06-2007, 02:41 AM
Here are the pics of our first boat. We don't know a damn thing about wakeboarding but I guess we have to start somewhere. I do realize that this boat was built for skiing, but I'm sure it will be fine for basic wakeboarding (any flips will be totally unintentional ;) ).

It's a 2001 Prostar 195 with 120 hours. The poor guy we bought it from looked as if he was going to cry when we pulled away with it. He was a super nice guy that treated this boat with the utmost of care. He plans on getting another boat when the little ones are older.

Looking forward to learning!

Dan

TMCNo1
06-06-2007, 06:25 AM
Looks like you got you a nice clean boat there, fellow! Welcome and enjoy it!

beatle78
06-06-2007, 07:37 AM
nice boat ivectoryou.

I just bought a 2001 205V last fall and I love it!!!

I got a little sad when my BU pulled away last week to go be with it's new owner. It was my first boat and I fixed every little thing to make that boat as perfect as possible.

Congrats!!!!

Diesel
06-06-2007, 09:28 AM
Welcome and a word of advice which will make your life much easier..............always pull up to the dock on the driver's side. ;)

cbryan70
06-06-2007, 09:40 AM
i was going to ask if the boat kicks the the left in reverse instead of to the right

G-man
06-06-2007, 10:07 AM
X2 on approach the dock on drivers side. You have better visability and can work the stern in much easier.

Very nice looking boat even if it has a tower

betsy&david Harrison
06-06-2007, 10:23 AM
I'd cry too if I had to let a boat like that go. You scored on your purchase!! Welcome aboard.

B

trickskier
06-06-2007, 10:32 AM
Nice looking boat, ENJOY & Welcome!!!................Darn you get up EARLY!!!

Sodar
06-06-2007, 10:36 AM
Sweet Boat!! Have a blast with it!! Also, treat it as well as the first owner, ya hear!?!?! :D :D

No Rick, he stays a little late... it was only 11:40pm PST!!! DUH!!! 8p :D

JKTX21
06-06-2007, 10:58 AM
Very nice boat. I tell you, these red boats are finally starting to grow on me!

trickskier
06-06-2007, 11:05 AM
No Rick, he stays a little late... it was only 11:40pm PST!!! DUH!!! 8p :D

LOL................Guess I should have looked at where he's located first.........:D

shepherd
06-06-2007, 11:48 AM
Here are the pics of our first boat. We don't know a damn thing about wakeboarding but I guess we have to start somewhere. I do realize that this boat was built for skiing, but I'm sure it will be fine for basic wakeboarding (any flips will be totally unintentional ;) ).

I suppose wakeboarding is cool and all, but why not use the boat for what she was built for??? ;)

Congrats on the boat Dan, she looks sweet. And I'm sure she'll put up a good enough wake for basic wakeboarding. :)

dougl
06-06-2007, 11:57 AM
One of the best looking boats... But I'm a little biased. :)

ivectoryou
06-06-2007, 12:08 PM
Welcome and a word of advice which will make your life much easier..............always pull up to the dock on the driver's side. ;)

LOL! We learned that one REAL quick!! We felt like idiots making two passes at the dock on the port side.

Thanks,

Dan

ivectoryou
06-06-2007, 12:13 PM

Nah, I'm an Air Traffic Controller who works crazy shifts and needs to "unwind" a little before I go to bed. :)

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffin' glue."

Dan

Prostar Rich
06-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Congrats on your new boat. Stick around here and you will learn a lot from the regulars that are on this forum.

Good luck,
Prostar Rich

Jesus_Freak
06-06-2007, 12:55 PM
Welcome and beautiful boat!

Did you quit sniffing glue or taking amphetamines?

MasterCrafting
06-06-2007, 01:08 PM
idk why they stopped making this boat. Soo much nicer then the 197 (yeah i said it!)

ivectoryou
06-06-2007, 01:19 PM
I suppose wakeboarding is cool and all, but why not use the boat for what she was built for??? ;)

Congrats on the boat Dan, she looks sweet. And I'm sure she'll put up a good enough wake for basic wakeboarding. :)

I will definitely use it to ski behind (total novice at that too). Our main goal was to find a clean, well-maintained, affordable boat that we could get the family out on the water with and still be able to enjoy some low-key watersports.

As an added bonus, it fits in the garage perfectly (with room left for the truck and workbench etc.)!

Your Gators eliminated my Oregon Ducks from the Elite 8 last year. At least we lost to the eventual National Champs. CONGRATS!

Sodar
06-06-2007, 01:32 PM
idk why they stopped making this boat. Soo much nicer then the 197 (yeah i said it!)

Yeah, it was a good looking boat...

Hrkdrivr
06-06-2007, 04:57 PM
Welcome! What ATC do you work? Gnd/twr, appch/dep, center? I see you're in the NW, up near SEA? I guess youvectorme!

ivectoryou
06-06-2007, 08:32 PM
Welcome! What ATC do you work? Gnd/twr, appch/dep, center? I see you're in the NW, up near SEA? I guess youvectorme!

Hi.

I work: Eugene Ground Control/Clearance Delivery; Eugene Tower; Cascade Approach/Departure Control (Eugene and Medford Sectors).

Do you ever fly in the Willamette Valley or near Medford?

Dan

stevenm2
06-06-2007, 10:04 PM
Dan I live in Coburg. I have an 04 x30 blk and white. We normally go to fall creek but now with no water we'll probably end up at the ditch this summer.

ivectoryou
06-06-2007, 10:49 PM
Dan I live in Coburg. I have an 04 x30 blk and white. We normally go to fall creek but now with no water we'll probably end up at the ditch this summer.

I'm just down the road from ya (East of the Coburg Road/Willakenzie intersection). I've heard that Fall Creek has warm water and we were going to try it soon, but then I read the article in the R/G about the fish needing some water too (thoughtless damn fish! Can't they just hold their breathe for a few months).

So, what is Fall Creek like? Crowded? Long waits at the ramp? Is it currently impossible to get in the water with a boat?

I'll keep an eye out for ya. I'll be the dork with the girlfriend and 11-year-old daughter trying to figure everything out.

Cheers!
Dan

stevenm2
06-07-2007, 07:55 AM
Dan, Last saturday we went out to fall creek and they were down to one ramp at winberry. getting in was not a problem but getting out at 4pm was. the wifey waited 1 1/2 hrs in the truck in line to get to the boat ramp. the ramp is loooong right now.water temp was 70 degrees.
generally it's pretty crowded but bearable because of two ramps.it gets a little windy in the afternoon so we anchor in the cove and tube when it's too rough to ski.We like it there.
I hope the rains had some affect but I doubt it. I am sure I will see you around. enjoy the new boat
Steve

ivectoryou
06-07-2007, 02:07 PM
Dan, Last saturday we went out to fall creek and they were down to one ramp at winberry. getting in was not a problem but getting out at 4pm was. the wifey waited 1 1/2 hrs in the truck in line to get to the boat ramp. the ramp is loooong right now.water temp was 70 degrees.
generally it's pretty crowded but bearable because of two ramps.it gets a little windy in the afternoon so we anchor in the cove and tube when it's too rough to ski.We like it there.
I hope the rains had some affect but I doubt it. I am sure I will see you around. enjoy the new boat
Steve

Thanks for the info. Say "hi" if you see us sometime!

Dan

slink976
06-07-2007, 02:32 PM
so what exactly happen to the pic's? just a question. Oh and welcome to the board.

ivectoryou
06-07-2007, 04:51 PM
so what exactly happen to the pic's? just a question. Oh and welcome to the board.

Thanks for the welcome.

The pics are attachments to the first post in this thread.

Dan