PDA

View Full Version : 1994 Prostar 205 Glove box

thijs
06-06-2007, 12:28 AM
Well we got out for the first time this year. Water was crap and cold to boot. Other than that we got to enjoy just being away from it all and being under the sun and over the water.

While we were out when I was going into the glove box the acrylic(?) black lid cracked on the drivers side hinge. I think it is pretty much pooched, where can I get another one. We will also need to change the hinges as they look really weathered and are very stiff now.

Please help me find one!!! I will post a pic if I have one, other wise I will have to take one next weekend.

Jesus_Freak
06-06-2007, 12:41 PM
I have the same boat with the same stiff hinges. I actually like the stiffness of the hinge motion, because it keeps the lid up while I am pillaging. I did try to replace the foam gasket with some Lowes stuff (none available through MC). I have not had enough water thrown that direction to test the new gasket yet.

thijs
06-25-2007, 12:46 PM
Unfortunately the stiffness of our hinges caused the driverside hinge corner to completely crack, I am not sure this is condusive to a water tight unit ;) . I would really appreciate if anyone knows how to order parts like this? We are heart broken as we strive to keep our Prostar in mint shape.

Monte
06-25-2007, 01:16 PM
Your best chance to find one is hopefully a dealer has one laying around. I would seriously doubt it though. I would start checking fleabay. There are a few salvage marine dealers online. Maybe they would have one..

TMCNo1
06-25-2007, 02:50 PM
West Marine has replacement Glove Boxes for around $31.00 + shipping.
http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SiteSearchView?catalogId=10001&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&keyword=glove+box&Ntt=glove+box&N=377+710&y=2&x=5&storeId=10001&Ntk=Primary+Search&ddkey=SiteSearch

Check your dimensions against theirs, should work, not a used unit, new, better than nothing!

Overton's even has them, http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/search.cgi?str=Glove+box&r=search&x=19&y=5

thijs
06-25-2007, 04:38 PM
Thanks a bunch, but those aren't going to work. it is just the plastic cover that is broke and installing those guys would involve some seroius modifications.

thijs
06-25-2007, 04:39 PM
These are the only pics I could find of the glovebox with out giong out into the rain to get another one. It is not broken here. :(

Monte
06-25-2007, 04:40 PM
Could you use superglue or epoxy??

thijs
06-25-2007, 04:43 PM
I dont think it would hold. I think i am going to have to go get one made with black acrylic.

rob40wilson03
03-24-2012, 11:26 PM
Thread Revival..... I am looking for the exact same thing for the same reason. We've replaced a ton of parts on this boat, but this one is proving difficult to find. Now that 5 years has passed, does anybody know where I can find one?

Thanks

setidball
03-25-2012, 12:32 AM
I donít know where to find a replacement lid, sorry about that. But when you do, consider thisÖ I ditched the friction hinges because they didnít really work all that well and seemed like a poor way to keep the lid open all the while being a great way to break the lid (or hinge - my lid is metal). Instead, I loosened the hinge friction screws so the lid would move freely and added a small gas shock to hold it open. Pretty easy mod. Just make sure you position the brackets such that the lid doesnít hit the windshield when open. S
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/picture.php?albumid=651&pictureid=3887