PDA

View Full Version : Wakeboard pull near Panama City Fl June 11 week?

feydakin
06-05-2007, 09:01 PM
Hey - just a wild chance here. Anyone near Panama City Florida want to give a poor schlup a pull during the week of June 11? We'll be staying on St George's Island (couldn't talk inlaws into wakeboard school capital Orlando). I'm definitely good for gas money and would be willing to buy drinks after too ...

Shame to go to ski/wakeboard state and not get on a lake somewhere. PS - are gators in every fresh water lake there ...?

shepherd
06-06-2007, 12:03 PM
My calendar is a little muddy that week, may be having family visiting. I'll PM you. I know there are a couple other members on this site who live in the area. They might even wakeboard (I don't).

When are you arriving exactly? Where are you coming from? Flying or driving?

feydakin
06-07-2007, 04:39 PM
We are coming Sat 9th staying the whole week. Driving in - if anyone up for a pull I can bring my wakeboard down.

deployedjosh
06-07-2007, 09:12 PM
Pensacola is a bit of a haul, but you're more than welcome out here.

99 X Star
Josh
deployedjosh@yahoo.com

andrewtimko
06-13-2007, 10:48 AM
I live in PCB and keep my boat at Pirates Cove marina Grand Lagoon. I will probably be out this weekend if you want a pull. Send me a PM.

at

Jkelly
06-13-2007, 10:55 AM
Josh,

Where do you take you boat! My wife is from P'cola and has been hounding me to take my boat over there. I just don't know of any good spots to go.

deployedjosh
06-13-2007, 11:28 AM
Bayou Grande, Bayou Texar, Escambia River, and Blackwater River (from what I have heard) are all good places. You can also ride in the intercoastal, but I haven't been out there. The first 3 spots have great ramp access, but you want to avoid Bayou Texar after a rainfall. There's a website you can check to track the water quality and salinity rates if you're interested.

http://www.dep.state.fl.us/northwest/Ecosys/waterquality/outlook.htm
http://esetappsdoh.doh.state.fl.us/irm00beachwater/default.aspx

Bottom line: there's plenty of great opportunities to ride in P'cola. There used to be a large wakeboarding scene here as well, (I think the Bonifay family is from here) but that has died off a lot. UWF has a team, but I've never seen another real wakeboat on the water. Of course, I've only been here a month. It's a shame that there's no real wakeboard shops either. Oh well...more glass for me.

Jkelly
06-13-2007, 11:37 AM
Thanks, I will have to pull the boat over one weekend. Were I live I have the same problem. We have considered opening up a shop but it would be slow for a couple of years.

shepherd
06-13-2007, 11:47 AM
I live in PCB and keep my boat at Pirates Cove marina Grand Lagoon.

No kidding. That's where I keep my Formula, on one of the racks outside. If you see me crawling around on her some time, stop by and say hi. Is your Mastercraft kept in the shed there or are you talking about another boat?

andrewtimko
06-13-2007, 04:10 PM
No kidding. That's where I keep my Formula, on one of the racks outside. If you see me crawling around on her some time, stop by and say hi. Is your Mastercraft kept in the shed there or are you talking about another boat?

Yah, I keep the MC on a rack inside. Give Darvin some cold "natty lite" and he will take good care of you. That bay beats the crap out of the Prostar on weekends though. Up the lagoon has been pretty nice.

AT

shepherd
06-14-2007, 02:51 PM
That bay beats the crap out of my 28' Formula sometimes. I can't imagine taking my Mastercraft out there on the weekends, at least not across the pass to the Shell Island area.

andrewtimko
06-22-2007, 08:56 AM
Here is a link to their commercial with my MasterCraft in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1rXR53AC04

shepherd
06-22-2007, 08:57 PM
Here is a link to their commercial with my MasterCraft in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1rXR53AC04

Cool, I even caught a glimpse of the corner of my boat on the right of the screen when they were carrying your boat out on the forklift. That is a sweet looking Prostar.

It's nice to see that they have new management there :cool: But I won't be there long -- I finally found a buyer for my boat.

andrewtimko
06-22-2007, 10:24 PM
Cool, I even caught a glimpse of the corner of my boat on the right of the screen when they were carrying your boat out on the forklift. That is a sweet looking Prostar.

It's nice to see that they have new management there :cool: But I won't be there long -- I finally found a buyer for my boat.

Is yours the one with the outdrives off of it?

shepherd
06-22-2007, 11:38 PM
Is yours the one with the outdrives off of it?

I hope not!

It's the old Formula that says "Laura Ann" on the transom. If you freeze the video at 00:16 you can barely see her stern in the lower right part of the frame, just behind the boat with the Yamaha (?) outboard.