PDA

View Full Version : Kill Switch - New one doesn't work properly

EFiles
06-05-2007, 03:16 PM
I replaced my kill switch & lanyard this weekend. I only did it because after 20 years the old one was sun faded. The new one is made by Sierra and I got it from DIM.

The problem is that on the new one the clip doesn't hold the button in far enough for the engine to run. I ended up wedging a piece of plastic between the clip and the button so that I wouldn't have to hold it with my thumb.

I tried using my old clip but it didn't help. I also checked to make sure I had clearance between the clip and the dash to make sure that wasn't causing the clip to be held too far out.

Anybody had a similar experience? Am I missing something?

beatle78
06-05-2007, 04:39 PM
call DIM back and see what they say. They are very helpful!

BrianS
06-08-2007, 08:48 AM
Yep, I had the exact same problem with a replacement kill switch from SKIDIM. I called them and explained the problem and they shipped me a new one. They even took it out of the box and made sure it worked before shipping it to me. They included a shipping label so I could send the old one back.

I can't say enough about the customer service from SKIDIM.

EFiles
06-08-2007, 05:26 PM
Yep, I had the exact same problem with a replacement kill switch from SKIDIM. I called them and explained the problem and they shipped me a new one. They even took it out of the box and made sure it worked before shipping it to me. They included a shipping label so I could send the old one back.

I can't say enough about the customer service from SKIDIM.

Thanks for the info! I'll give them a call. Good to know I'm not the only one.

The fact that they are such good folks to deal with is what kept me from calling and complaining until I ran it by the board. The only time I buy a part from somebody else is if it's something they don't sell.

beatle78
06-09-2007, 12:37 PM
never be afraid to call them and explain the situation, it's not complaining, you're trying to debug a problem :)

jsc0324
06-09-2007, 02:01 PM
I had an issue just last week and called Richard at Skidim and he was very helpful. I agree don't hesitate to call.