PDA

View Full Version : bosch washer/dryer

rodltg2
06-04-2007, 10:56 PM
i bought these new front loader style w/d set and i'm about to take an axe to them. both of them beep over and over when the cycle is done. plus the dryer had a lint sensor that loves to go off as well. i dont need to be reminded every 5 seconds when a load is done. they are drving me crazy and i cant seem to find a way to disable the beeping :mad:

Sodar
06-04-2007, 10:58 PM
i bought these new front loader style w/d set and i about to take an axe to them. both of them beep over and over when the cycle is done. plus the dryer had a lint sensor that lved to go off as well. i dont need to be remined evry 5 seconds when a load is done. they are drving me crazy and i cant seem to find a way to dioable the beeping :mad:

Our Bosch dishwasher is the same way!! That damn thing beeps until you open the door after a cycle is done...

Hoosier Bob
06-04-2007, 11:03 PM
Can't you set the beeper? Cut the freakin wires! I saw some whirlpools at Lowes yesterday and was thinking? Samsung as well. Samsung looks cool and is pricey but don't they make VCR's? I guess they make everything now. Whirlpool, Samsung, Whirlpool ok, Whirlpool wins!8p

BOSCH? You tools!

Sodar
06-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Can't you set the beeper? Cut the freakin wires! I saw some whirlpools at Lowes yesterday and was thinking? Samsung as well. Samsung looks cool and is pricey but don't they make VCR's? I guess they make everything now. Whirlpool, Samsung, Whirlpool ok, Whirlpool wins!8p

BOSCH? You tools!

Talk all the crap you want, until you buy one... they are built just like their power tools and are bad arse.

Hoosier Bob
06-04-2007, 11:08 PM
My Bosch tools don't beep wildman! Hey did you hear that? Your dishes are done! Again! Again and yes they are still done!8p Talk all the crap you want, until you buy one... they are built just like their power tools and are bad arse.

rodltg2
06-04-2007, 11:11 PM
i have the dishwsher too, i replaced all my applainces with bosch. the frige loves to beep too if you have to door open too long. only the wsher and dryer are annoying though. they beep much louder than the rest.

Workin' 4 Toys
06-04-2007, 11:15 PM
Well, you should be so lucky to have the beep. I've got a smoke detector that talks.....Have that wake you up JUST ONCE:mad: in the middle of the night.

Hoosier Bob
06-04-2007, 11:15 PM
As fancy as they are I am assuming digital? No choice for silent?:confused:

Sodar
06-04-2007, 11:43 PM
My Bosch tools don't beep wildman! Hey did you hear that? Your dishes are done! Again! Again and yes they are still done!8p

ROTFLMAO!!! LOL LOL LOL!!! Bob, I just heard your doorbell ring... It is the Whirlpool repair man!! :D :D :D

Hoosier Bob
06-04-2007, 11:47 PM
Ha! I have been searching and apparently there is a way to end the end of cycle signal. I have not found it as of yet. By the way Bosch way high ratings! High as they get. Nice choice! Oh yeah your dishes are still done! I do have a Bosch doorbell! It rings to tell me it is still functioning! Great feature! Go answer the fridge I'll be back in a second!

Sodar
06-04-2007, 11:52 PM
Go answer the fridge I'll be back in a second!

You have me laughing like a 6 year old watching cartoons!!

Workin' 4 Toys
06-04-2007, 11:54 PM
Ha! I have been searching and apparently there is a way to end the end of cycle signal. I have not found it as of yet. By the way Bosch way high ratings! High as they get. Nice choice! Oh yeah your dishes are still done! I do have a Bosch doorbell! It rings to tell me it is still functioning! Great feature! Go answer the fridge I'll be back in a second!
Beep....Where would one find these ratings on a dishwasher....Beep....(And who fills these out)........Beep

Hoosier Bob
06-04-2007, 11:57 PM
Not ratings just repair advice and a reprogram of the end of cycle signals. If I can get in I can discover the codes (random button pushes) that turn the feature off! Go play with your fan!

Workin' 4 Toys
06-04-2007, 11:59 PM
Not ratings just repair advice and a reprogram of the end of cycle signals. If I can get in I can discover the codes (random button pushes) that turn the feature off! Go play with your fan!
I have no fan......:o

Hoosier Bob
06-05-2007, 12:00 AM
You will soon Grasshopper!

Workin' 4 Toys
06-05-2007, 12:01 AM
You will soon Grasshopper!Beep....I wonder if they have one that beeps when its done....Beep

tones03
06-05-2007, 12:31 AM
My parents had a Bosch dishwasher, spent WAYYY to much money on it, with in 5 years broke. We live in Northen Michigan and there are NO Bosch people to service it with out a huge cost so they bought a Whirlpool and 7 years later, no problem. The price of the Bosch was not worth it. Quality was not there for us. I will never buy a Bosch appliance and either will they. To each his own though, good luck with the beeps.

east tx skier
06-06-2007, 09:54 AM
As an appliance repairman once told me, when it comes to this stuff, go one level above the economy level, and you are less likely to have issues with these things (said with reference to washer/dryer). We may have gone one level above that level with our dishwasher though. Whirlpool, I think. Works great so far (knock wood).

djhuff
06-06-2007, 10:04 AM
I was thinking the Bosch appliances as well. I like the look of their wall oven and built in Microwave. Fridge has a good look as well, and I've heard nothing but good things about their dishwashers.

tones, one product that broke, so never to buy again???

rodltg2
06-06-2007, 11:17 AM
figured out how to turn off beep !

Brazos Bum
06-06-2007, 11:24 AM
We installed a Bosch dishwasher and the biggest problem is that it is so darn quiet that we open the door when it is running all the time. It's almost as good as my Bosch planer .......

tex
06-06-2007, 11:47 AM
I was going to get a Bosh Kegarator but I heard that it would beep too much. My wife could then keep track of how many times I used it. No way!

Sodar
06-06-2007, 11:53 AM
We installed a Bosch dishwasher and the biggest problem is that it is so darn quiet that we open the door when it is running all the time. It's almost as good as my Bosch planer .......

TRU DAT!! The only way you can tell it is running is if you look at the floor for the red laser dot!!

djhuff
06-06-2007, 12:14 PM
As for kegerators... Beverage Air is where it's at. Only had mine for 3 years, but Dad has had his for over 20 and it is still working perfectly (except for the squeaky fan)

TX.X-30 fan
06-06-2007, 01:00 PM
figured out how to turn off beep !

How PLEASE same crap here dish and washer/dryer. :( :(

Hoosier Bob
06-06-2007, 10:03 PM
C'mon Rod! Tell them! A tech can do it and from what I have seen on the net it is a series of button pushes that allow you into the program. I would call the place of purchase and ask them to re program FOR FREE! They should have given you the choice for the over ride!:twocents:

milkmania
06-07-2007, 03:44 PM
i bought these new front loader style w/d set and i'm about to take an axe to them. both of them beep over and over when the cycle is done. plus the dryer had a lint sensor that loves to go off as well. i dont need to be reminded every 5 seconds when a load is done. they are drving me crazy and i cant seem to find a way to disable the beeping :mad:

Our Bosch dishwasher is the same way!! That damn thing beeps until you open the door after a cycle is done...

ding, fries are done8p

milkmania
06-07-2007, 03:47 PM
Well, you should be so lucky to have the beep. I've got a smoke detector that talks.....Have that wake you up JUST ONCE:mad: in the middle of the night.

what does it say:confused:

I'm melting...............................

rodltg2
06-07-2007, 03:48 PM
How PLEASE same crap here dish and washer/dryer. :( :(

on the washer select a cycle, but dont start it, and then hold any two buttons down till it beeps. thats it..

milkmania
06-07-2007, 03:49 PM

did you try rebooting it:confused:

8p

milkmania
06-07-2007, 03:53 PM
C'mon Rod! Tell them! A tech can do it and from what I have seen on the net it is a series of button pushes that allow you into the program. I would call the place of purchase and ask them to re program FOR FREE! They should have given you the choice for the over ride!:twocents:

you gotta have them plugged into the phone line

tech support's all online now8p

Workin' 4 Toys
06-07-2007, 04:22 PM
what does it say:confused:

I'm melting...............................
Smoke alert or something like that.... In another couple seconds it probably wouldn't have said much ever again....:o

FWIW- My washer and dryer each beep one time when the cycle is complete...I had to investigate yesterday, and I got to refresh my memory how to use them too.:cool: And mine are connected together via cable, but I am not sure they can be wired directly to customer service.....But I didn't look, so there may be a way.

milkmania
06-07-2007, 04:25 PM
Smoke alert or something like that.... In another couple seconds it probably wouldn't have said much ever again....:o

FWIW- My washer and dryer each beep one time when the cycle is complete...I had to investigate yesterday, and I got to refresh my memory how to use them too.:cool: And mine are connected together via cable, but I am not sure they can be wired directly to customer service.....But I didn't look, so there may be a way.

pfft!
I was at the laundry mat at midnight.....all I ever heard were kids:mad:

"¡Ándale! ¡Ándale! ¡Arriba! ¡Arriba!"

Workin' 4 Toys
06-07-2007, 04:32 PM
Oh:o .................FWIW- Mine are GE...:D

milkmania
06-07-2007, 04:34 PM
pfft!
I was at the laundry mat at midnight.....all I ever heard were kids:mad:

"ˇÁndale! ˇÁndale! ˇArriba! ˇArriba!"

that was quick;)

Leroy
06-07-2007, 04:45 PM
You can't let those clothes sit around in the washer and dryer, especially HER clothes now!

We bought the Whirlpool Duets and they had a soft beep also.

Roonie's
06-07-2007, 04:49 PM
Bosch makes some very good appliances. You can turn off the beeps on all of them. Look in your manual as it will tell you how. I have had 4 different Bosch dishwashers and 4 different houses and they can't be beat. Now I have 2 GE Monograms and they don't get the dishes as clean nor are they as quiet. Miss the Bosch.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
06-07-2007, 05:59 PM
As an appliance repairman once told me, when it comes to this stuff, go one level above the economy level, and you are less likely to have issues with these things (said with reference to washer/dryer). We may have gone one level above that level with our dishwasher though. Whirlpool, I think. Works great so far (knock wood).
Same applies to automobiles. more stuff you got on em' the more stuff to fail. especially with electronics. those are the worst. I do way more warranty claims on electronic control modules of some sort than I do of manual shift levers on 4x4 trucks. get up into the real high end stuff with climate control, tire pressure monitoring, etc... and its a absolute nightmare.

another reason to keep my 91 prostar. not much to go wrong with it.

tones03
06-07-2007, 07:55 PM
dj,

Most likely yes, because there are so many other brands that people have not have had trouble with, and even trying to get replacement parts they were expensive. May just be what you get for a high end equipment, but Bosch wasnt very helpful either. Customer service should have been better.

TX.X-30 fan
06-07-2007, 08:11 PM
on the washer select a cycle, but dont start it, and then hold any two buttons down till it beeps. thats it..

I think that worked, thanks Rod. There was a long beep followed by a lower kind of whining beep( guess the beeper was sad to be shut down like that). :confused: :D 8p

TMCNo1
06-07-2007, 08:49 PM
[QUOTE=Upper Michigan Prostar190]Same applies to automobiles. more stuff you got on em' the more stuff to fail. especially with electronics. those are the worst. I do way more warranty claims on electronic control modules of some sort than I do of manual shift levers on 4x4 trucks. get up into the real high end stuff with climate control, tire pressure monitoring, etc... and its a absolute nightmare.

another reason to keep my 91 prostar. not much to go wrong with it.[QUOTE]

You got that right, read all this crap, http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=16851! Adjusting a carb is easier than being is a pissing contest!

06-07-2007, 10:23 PM
[QUOTE=Upper Michigan Prostar190]Same applies to automobiles. more stuff you got on em' the more stuff to fail. especially with electronics. those are the worst. I do way more warranty claims on electronic control modules of some sort than I do of manual shift levers on 4x4 trucks. get up into the real high end stuff with climate control, tire pressure monitoring, etc... and its a absolute nightmare.

another reason to keep my 91 prostar. not much to go wrong with it.[QUOTE]

You got that right, read all this crap, http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=16851! Adjusting a carb is easier than being is a pissing contest!
Ya know, I have never got into a pi$$ing contest before. Been drunk many times, but that never happened.

Word up Harold. :D I aint gonna get into particulars and start a conflict here, but old simple boats like mine are VERY appealing. We are bruthas! People make jokes about my carburator often and I dont care. let them joke all they want. My ride starts up everytime. sure it has to warm up a few minutes, big ****in deal! :rolleyes: People are so dang judgemental about "old" boats. I love the fact that my boat is so simple. I can do most of the stuff myself, and what I cant do, I have 4 freinds that are ASE master mechanics that can do it. No scan tools, computers, or stuff like that required. a timing light and a good mechanic will do it just fine. LIfe is good. :)

Monte
06-07-2007, 10:25 PM
Word up Harold. :D I aint gonna get into particulars and start a conflict here, but old simple boats like mine are VERY appealing. We are bruthas! People make jokes about my carburator often and I dont care. let them joke all they want. My ride starts up everytime. sure it has to warm up a few minutes, big ****in deal! :rolleyes: People are so dang judgemental about "old" boats. I love the fact that my boat is so simple. I can do most of the stuff myself, and what I cant do, I have 4 freinds that are ASE master mechanics that can do it. No scan tools, computers, or stuff like that required. a timing light and a good mechanic will do it just fine. LIfe is good. :)

WORD:cool:

TMCNo1
06-07-2007, 10:31 PM
[QUOTE=TMCNo1][QUOTE=Upper Michigan Prostar190]Same applies to automobiles. more stuff you got on em' the more stuff to fail. especially with electronics. those are the worst. I do way more warranty claims on electronic control modules of some sort than I do of manual shift levers on 4x4 trucks. get up into the real high end stuff with climate control, tire pressure monitoring, etc... and its a absolute nightmare.

Ya know, I have never got into a pi$$ing contest before. Been drunk many times, but that never happened.

Word up Harold. I aint gonna get into particulars and start a conflict here, but old simple boats like mine are VERY appealing. We are bruthas! People make jokes about my carburator often and I dont care. let them joke all they want. My ride starts up everytime. sure it has to warm up a few minutes, big ****in deal! :rolleyes: People are so dang judgemental about "old" boats. I love the fact that my boat is so simple. I can do most of the stuff myself, and what I cant do, I have 4 freinds that are ASE master mechanics that can do it. No scan tools, computers, or stuff like that required. a timing light and a good mechanic will do it just fine. LIfe is good.

Right On, Right On! Kinda like a old 1 hole outhouse, nothin' fancy that a little piece of paper will do, real cheap, you can move it to another hole when it's full and a roof on it to keep the sun off your head while you scream!:rolleyes: :D :cool:

PS, as a child, I dropped my red balloon I got at the carnival, in the outhouse hole. Grandma went potty, looked back to see her prize and saw red, scared her, she got a stick and stirred it and my red balloon exploded! She thought for years she was the 1st person in the world to ever see a fart!

Workin' 4 Toys
06-07-2007, 11:30 PM
Bosch makes some very good appliances. You can turn off the beeps on all of them. Look in your manual as it will tell you how. I have had 4 different Bosch dishwashers and 4 different houses and they can't be beat. Now I have 2 GE Monograms and they don't get the dishes as clean nor are they as quiet. Miss the Bosch.
You must not have the same model I have. I think I could practically set a brass prop in mine and have it come out as stainless steel....:D
Although I think she sets it to Anti-Bacterial mode, prewash, heated dry..etc...So it takes like 1 1/2 hour to do a load, but hey, it keeps my hands downy soft..(Or whatever the heck that commercial use to say about washing dishes) No problems to report about GE here.

Workin' 4 Toys
06-07-2007, 11:34 PM
Same applies to automobiles. more stuff you got on em' the more stuff to fail. especially with electronics. those are the worst. I do way more warranty claims on electronic control modules of some sort than I do of manual shift levers on 4x4 trucks. get up into the real high end stuff with climate control, tire pressure monitoring, etc... and its a absolute nightmare.

I drove a friends Lexus LS430 (I think an '06), it's been back in the shop for the "moving" headlight problem more than once. I guess they get stuck...:confused:
That is one gadget that should have been left in the history books with Tucker...

Workin' 4 Toys
06-07-2007, 11:39 PM
Perfect, you keep "that" market, and the rest of us will move on to the new and improved....8p
By the way, I am not so sure back in the early 90's they had whole house heat lamp exhast fans, so you may want to reconsider, you might find yourself a good oil or coal burning stove to use. And open a wind for the exhaust....No electronics to fail that way...

06-08-2007, 09:03 AM
Perfect, you keep "that" market, and the rest of us will move on to the new and improved....8p
By the way, I am not so sure back in the early 90's they had whole house heat lamp exhast fans, so you may want to reconsider, you might find yourself a good oil or coal burning stove to use. And open a wind for the exhaust....No electronics to fail that way...
NO problem!:) I dont have anything against newer boats, I just read alot of stories of people having issues that arent easily solved. I like the keep it simple idea. My boat is a "tractor" it just pulls me down the lake. it dont need to have heaters,towers, big stereos, lights & speakers, amps, cruise control, EFI, balast tanks, and 27 other things to go wrong. and I see SO many things go wrong with new cars that it makes me sick. stuff that just should NOT happen. no excuse for it but poor quality. :(

as far as the heat lamp thing, I am working on a new idea. but I cant tell you about it.8p

TMCNo1
06-08-2007, 12:09 PM
NO problem! I dont have anything against newer boats, I just read alot of stories of people having issues that arent easily solved. I like the keep it simple idea. My boat is a "tractor" it just pulls me down the lake. it dont need to have heaters,towers, big stereos, lights & speakers, amps, cruise control, EFI, balast tanks, and 27 other things to go wrong. and I see SO many things go wrong with new cars that it makes me sick. stuff that just should NOT happen. no excuse for it but poor quality.

as far as the heat lamp thing, I am working on a new idea. but I cant tell you about it.

Snowmobiles going across water, yes, but not a tractor????? Have you found a aftermarket manure spreader yet?????

OMG,:rolleyes: :eek: :uglyhamme he's thinking again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoosier Bob
06-08-2007, 10:45 PM
So was this about how to shut the end of cycle signal off or what? Beer for me please!:o

Leroy
06-08-2007, 11:38 PM
I'm surprised you made it past the washboard and bicycle! Still using a vacuum tube power amp?

Workin' 4 Toys
06-10-2007, 09:57 PM
as far as the heat lamp thing, I am working on a new idea. but I cant tell you about it.8p
Uhoh.......:confused: You are going to fabricate one yourself.....:rolleyes:

mitch
08-13-2007, 03:57 PM

Rod, Do you have to do that for every cycle or just once? Now that you've had it a few months, still like it? I've got one being delivered Wed. Thanks!

08-13-2007, 04:11 PM
I'm surprised you made it past the washboard and bicycle! Still using a vacuum tube power amp?
Yes I do Leroy!!!:D

My guitar amps are all tube amps (or valve amps if your british.)

I have EL34 Marshall stereo power amp for my rack, and I have a Mesa/Boogie Road King with a myriad of tube options, I also have a Mesa/Boogie F30 with EL84's in it. and I have an old Laney AOR 30, with 6V6's in it. classic tube tone never goes out of style with guitar amps. They are more popular than ever. the amp companies just cant seem to duplicate the tone without the tubes despite 20 years of attempting it. :rolleyes:

Leroy
08-13-2007, 11:58 PM
You have your digger out tonight....

I bet in a blind sound test you would not know the difference! You know they can duplicate a baby grand on a small keyboard......

I am not British, but I kan saund like one.

Yes I do Leroy!!!:D

My guitar amps are all tube amps (or valve amps if your british.)

I have EL34 Marshall stereo power amp for my rack, and I have a Mesa/Boogie Road King with a myriad of tube options, I also have a Mesa/Boogie F30 with EL84's in it. and I have an old Laney AOR 30, with 6V6's in it. classic tube tone never goes out of style with guitar amps. They are more popular than ever. the amp companies just cant seem to duplicate the tone without the tubes despite 20 years of attempting it. :rolleyes: