PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Jetstream Garage Fan!

Hoosier Bob
06-04-2007, 09:01 PM
I know most here have Heated/AC carpeted garages but I have too few bays and no comfort what so ever. Many toys little room! Lowes had an ad for a Hunter Garage fan. $169 but on sale for $127.00. Sure it's pricey and just a fan but wow! Great breeze easy install and works excellent. After the boat gets wet I always run a fan on her. This mounts on the cieling but can be pulled down in seconds. I mounted it just over the edge of the boat in front of the engine hatch. I can now position the utilty light anywhere (almost) on the engine, work in a cool breeze and dry the interior. I thought it was cool and it does work well. Had to tell you about it!:D

Workin' 4 Toys
06-04-2007, 09:06 PM
At first glance I thought that was a shower head on the bottom....:o then I read the description....

Cool....(No pun intended)

Hoosier Bob
06-04-2007, 09:38 PM
You may be on to something there!

6ballsisall
06-04-2007, 09:40 PM
During my weekly weekend visit to Lowes on Saturday I saw one of those on display. Strangely enough HB I was thinking about that for the very purpose you bought it!
I am thinking about mounting a few in my garage in random places mainly for airflow. They tell me it gets kinda warm in Atlanta and I don't want to be miserable hanging out in my garage!

Hoosier Bob
06-04-2007, 09:44 PM
They plug in to the opener outlet. You could mount one at each opener. They lift off to become floor fans. It does move some air but I forgot to mention it is also fairly loud! Four would be very loud! Try a couple first!;) During my weekly weekend visit to Lowes on Saturday I saw one of those on display. Strangely enough HB I was thinking about that for the very purpose you bought it!
I am thinking about mounting a few in my garage in random places mainly for airflow. They tell me it gets kinda warm in Atlanta and I don't want to be miserable hanging out in my garage!

6ballsisall
06-04-2007, 09:49 PM
They plug in to the opener outlet. You could mount one at each opener. They lift off to become floor fans. It does move some air but I forgot to mention it is also fairly loud! Four would be very loud! Try a couple first!;)

Thanks, I'll try two first. That leaves extra $$ to buy the Beer Fridge for the garage. 8p

TJ on: is it just me or wouldn't ya'll think that if you bought new construction you shouldn't have to go to Lowes every weekend religously??? I love that store and all but dang! If I get out of there without dropping a couple hundred each weekend I feel good about myself! :rolleyes:

TJ off (sorry HB ;) )

Hoosier Bob
06-04-2007, 09:56 PM
I went for the fan only! I know better! Burning building! Get in and out as fast as you can! Oh, I spent $587.00! F****** FAN!

I bought a chainsaw! Never had one always borrowed! Not a tree in my yard!

Workin' 4 Toys
06-04-2007, 10:37 PM
I bought a chainsaw! Never had one always borrowed! Not a tree in my yard! Same here......:o Almost bought a hedge trimmer the other day, and my bushes aren't even in yet.....(Patience...I have none:D )

I will consider your cooling fan shower mist'r...But I have myself set up for a ceiling fan...Seemed like a good idea until you said noisy..:(

Hoosier Bob
06-04-2007, 10:47 PM
It is wind noise. Too much for my two staller. I think it would be a good add to a larger garage. Place it over the boat for drying and then kick to the rest of the garage for circulation. Remember my garage has no room in it anymore. Four Wheeler, boat and 7 motorcycles! Then throw in tools and lawn equipment, mountain bikes and a Kayak and you are done! I'll send a picture some time. It is more of a toy box packed to the lid than a garage.:o Same here......:o Almost bought a hedge trimmer the other day, and my bushes aren't even in yet.....(Patience...I have none:D )

I will consider your cooling fan shower mist'r...But I have myself set up for a ceiling fan...Seemed like a good idea until you said noisy..:(

Workin' 4 Toys
06-04-2007, 10:51 PM
It is wind noise. Too much for my two staller. I think it would be a good add to a larger garage. Place it over the boat for drying and then kick to the rest of the garage for circulation. Remember my garage has no room in it anymore. Four Wheeler, boat and 7 motorcycles! Then throw in tools and lawn equipment, mountain bikes and a Kayak and you are done! I'll send a picture some time. It is more of a toy box packed to the lid than a garage.:o
Ever consider relocation as a possibility? Or maybe adding a shed...?

Hoosier Bob
06-04-2007, 10:55 PM
Yes! I had an eye on some property near here. 35 acres and flood plane. No worries as it is farmed and soil is nice. Perfect for a you know what! Take the soil and move it to one side for homesites. keep a break between the river and lake with spill ways and violla! 2500' of lake and plenty of room on the ends I believe. I am still looking at it.

6ballsisall
06-04-2007, 10:57 PM
Yes! I had an eye on some property near here. 35 acres and flood plane. No worries as it is farmed and soil is nice. Perfect for a you know what! Take the soil and move it to one side for homesites. keep a break between the river and lake with spill ways and violla! 2500' of lake and plenty of room on the ends I believe. I am still looking at it.

Careful there HB, the very talk of that makes me want to move back and be a Hoosier again! :cool:

Hoosier Bob
06-04-2007, 10:59 PM
I will purchase and keep a spot for you! The investment will be in the excavation. Nice property with land to ride (SKI) and what have you.;) Careful there HB, the very talk of that makes me want to move back and be a Hoosier again! :cool:

6ballsisall
06-04-2007, 11:02 PM
I will purchase and keep a spot for you! The investment will be in the excavation. Nice property with land to ride (SKI) and what have you.;)

I was extremely close to pulling the trigger on a similar sort of deal about a year ago. If you want to compare notes let me know. I think if it's done right and in the right location a guy could make a pretty good sum of money being the developer. I.E. Free house of nice proportions and cash in pocket. ;)

onewheat
06-04-2007, 11:12 PM
A while back Home Depot had all ceiling fans on sale 50% off. I bought 2 60" industrial ceiling fans for $30 each - all white, metal baldes, no lights and 4-position wall mount speed controls. They aren't very loud and MAN do they move some air! Two of them in my big garage makes for quite a nice breeze.

Hoosier Bob
06-04-2007, 11:13 PM
I just replied to this and it is gone? I was thinking more for myself and long term. H2O freaks and such. Leroy, Cousin Dave, Michael, Steve and Steve and maybe Jeff! Hoosier time, relax, ride and ski. We may need 50 acres!:D

Upper Michigan Prostar190
06-04-2007, 11:18 PM
$127??????? Jeeez Gosh HOoosier! thats nuts! I found an old rusty windo box fan in my attic, cost me $0 dollars. moves air like a beast! I just put er going when the boat comes in wet, in the mornin' shes dry! I bolted the biotch up in the corner so it blows directly on teh bote interior. moves air for cheap baby!!!

OH yea, if I want light on it, I just duct tape a flash lite to it. :cool:

Workin' 4 Toys
06-04-2007, 11:21 PM
$127??????? Jeeez Gosh HOoosier! thats nuts! I found an old rusty windo box fan in my attic, cost me $0 dollars. moves air like a beast! I just put er going when the boat comes in wet, in the mornin' shes dry! I bolted the biotch up in the corner so it blows directly on teh bote interior. moves air for cheap baby!!!

OH yea, if I want light on it, I just duct tape a flash lite to it. :cool:
Yeahbut his has a shower head....:rolleyes:

6ballsisall
06-04-2007, 11:22 PM
A while back Home Depot had all ceiling fans on sale 50% off. I bought 2 60" industrial ceiling fans for $30 each - all white, metal baldes, no lights and 4-position wall mount speed controls. They aren't very loud and MAN do they move some air! Two of them in my big garage makes for quite a nice breeze.

Welcome Onewheat! Noticed you are from Cincy, there are a fair amount of peeps from your area. I used to be one of them! I am actually in your neck of the woods this evening until tomorrow.

All this talk of a big garage requires pics brutha! ;)

06-04-2007, 11:23 PM
Yeahbut his has a shower head....:rolleyes:
yeaaaaaaaa, a shower head......:rolleyes:

wonder what he does with that???:D

Workin' 4 Toys
06-04-2007, 11:24 PM

Oppssss.....Forgot, its a water mist'r.....For chillin' when the wind is blowin'

6ballsisall
06-04-2007, 11:25 PM

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

06-04-2007, 11:27 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Glad you caught it Jeff. :D I see our friend Hoosier missed that entirely.....on purpose???8p ;)

Workin' 4 Toys
06-04-2007, 11:28 PM

Let me assist, onewheat click here (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=1553&highlight=garages)

6ballsisall
06-04-2007, 11:29 PM
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=1553 (Let me assist, onewheat click here;)

You read my mind 8p

Hoosier Bob
06-04-2007, 11:30 PM
Da link ain't linkin'.

06-04-2007, 11:30 PM
Doees Ric have yet another alias???:confused:

06-04-2007, 11:31 PM
Da link ain't linkin'.
Whatch it hoosier! NO speaking Yoopanese unless I say so!!!:D :cool: ;) 8p

Workin' 4 Toys
06-04-2007, 11:32 PM
Da link ain't linkin'.
If I could only figure out how to illustrate a coors getting set on the left button of a mouse, I could help you along, but click here this time (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=1553&highlight=garages)

Hoosier Bob
06-04-2007, 11:32 PM
Every garage needs a shower stall Yooper!;)

6ballsisall
06-04-2007, 11:33 PM
Every garage needs a shower stall Yooper!;)

Is it to clean the sheep w/ HB???? 8p

Hoosier Bob
06-04-2007, 11:34 PM
Only the hot ones! Too much to read on that thread! Sheer them early is my motto! The shaved ones are the best!:D

6ballsisall
06-04-2007, 11:36 PM
Only the hot ones! Too much to read on that thread! Sheer them early is my motto! The shaved ones are the best!:D

ROTFLMAO!!!!! :uglyhamme :woohoo: :worthy:

Hoosier Bob
06-04-2007, 11:41 PM
No worries Jeff, like always you get first choice!

6ballsisall
06-04-2007, 11:42 PM
No worries Jeff, like always you get first choice!

Thanks man, I was getting worried there. I'd hate to be left out, I'm not interested in sloppy seconds!! :D

Workin' 4 Toys
06-04-2007, 11:47 PM
Thanks man, I was getting worried there. I'd hate to be left out, I'm not interested in sloppy seconds!! :D
So seconds are ok, as long as they are not sloppy....Got it..

6ballsisall
06-04-2007, 11:48 PM
So seconds are ok, as long as they are not sloppy....Got it..

:confused: I'll pass ;)

Hoosier Bob
06-04-2007, 11:48 PM
Seconds are better than thirds!

Man Law!

onewheat
06-05-2007, 12:15 AM
Welcome Onewheat! Noticed you are from Cincy, there are a fair amount of peeps from your area. I used to be one of them! I am actually in your neck of the woods this evening until tomorrow.

I'll have to work on an inside shot. I have no access to a camera right now, as my better half took it on a business trip. I do have this one picture from right before we moved in - no boat in front though. Actually I put my boat in the garage at the other end of the house. It's smaller, but has a 16 foot door, so backing it in is easier. I'll probably put it in this one for winter though.

6ballsisall
06-05-2007, 12:17 AM
VERY NICE!!! Where do you use your boat at mostly?

onewheat
06-05-2007, 01:09 AM
Norris for a good weekend, but we will hit up Brookville if we only have a day to go. Eventually, we hope to have a house build on our lot at Norris, and then the boat will stay there, but for now, it resides in the garage here.

Ric
06-22-2007, 02:51 PM
I know most here have Heated/AC carpeted garages but I have too few bays and no comfort what so ever. Many toys little room! Lowes had an ad for a Hunter Garage fan. $169 but on sale for $127.00. Sure it's pricey and just a fan but wow! Great breeze easy install and works excellent. After the boat gets wet I always run a fan on her. This mounts on the cieling but can be pulled down in seconds. I mounted it just over the edge of the boat in front of the engine hatch. I can now position the utilty light anywhere (almost) on the engine, work in a cool breeze and dry the interior. I thought it was cool and it does work well. Had to tell you about it!:D bob, how noisy is it? I was looking at something like that over at northern tool and yours appears to be a good brand