PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic.............teak..................

Workin' 4 Toys
06-04-2007, 09:56 PM
Alright sort of a trick to catch your attention.....8p
I am looking for some teak chairs and end tables, and I can't find any good ones around locally. I found some yes, but not the quality I was hoping for, and I don't have the time to build what I want.:(

Requirements: Teak, folding, reclining (even if it only 2 or 3 positions), arm chairs. And end tables to go with...

And if you own or use something as I described, pictures are much appreciated.

M-Funf
06-04-2007, 09:58 PM
I purchased two chaises last year from a company that stages homes. I think they came from this company:

http://www.teakparkbench.com/index.htm

I can't vouch for their other products, but the chaises are pretty nice...

Workin' 4 Toys
06-04-2007, 10:02 PM
You are on the right track with something like this (http://www.parkbenchteak.com/beta/park_bench/merch_details.asp?man=Parke&category=Chairs&sub_category=All&Site=park%5Fbench&item_id=39) I wonder how they are in person??

trickskier
06-04-2007, 10:05 PM
Alright sort of a trick to catch your attention.....8p

OH, now you've gone and done it....................I'll bet #1 was salivating to give you an answer................:rolleyes:

Workin' 4 Toys
06-04-2007, 10:08 PM
OH, now you've gone and done it....................I'll bet #1 was salivating to give you an answer................:rolleyes:
Let's just see where it gets me.:D ...I may have to invite him over to have a feel........(Did I just say that:o )

M-Funf
06-04-2007, 10:14 PM
You are on the right track with something like this (http://www.parkbenchteak.com/beta/park_bench/merch_details.asp?man=Parke&category=Chairs&sub_category=All&Site=park%5Fbench&item_id=39) I wonder how they are in person??

I thought maybe you could buy one to check out the quality, but the company's return policy aint so good...maybe work a deal with them to buy one to check out quality and then buy the rest. The chaises I have are pretty nice. I leave them out year round, rain or shine...

TMCNo1
06-04-2007, 11:02 PM
Let's just see where it gets me.:D ...I may have to invite him over to have a feel........(Did I just say that:o )

I'll let you play with your own WOOD!:rolleyes: :D

Workin' 4 Toys
06-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Well, that's not at all what I expected from you ......:o

Slinkyredfoot
06-04-2007, 11:24 PM
I found a great site from a company in Belize that I believe might have just what you are looking for...I will look it up and PM ya

TMCNo1
06-04-2007, 11:32 PM
Well, that's not at all what I expected from you ......

:uglyhamme :uglyhamme :uglyhamme Hey, I read the only thing I have worth saying is about polishing, everything else is a collection of worthless keystrokes, so............................................I polishing! :D
Example, http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=353791&postcount=49, but, I'm not the one getting posts deleted by moderators, go figure!

Workin' 4 Toys
06-04-2007, 11:40 PM
:uglyhamme :uglyhamme Hey, I read the only thing I have worth saying is about polishing, everything else is a collection of worthless keystrokes, so............................................I polishing! :D
Well, expect to be back here when the stuff arrives then.....Ok?;)

TMCNo1
06-04-2007, 11:48 PM
Well, expect to be back here when the stuff arrives then.....Ok?;)

OTAY!:uglyhamme

Workin' 4 Toys
06-04-2007, 11:49 PM
I found a great site from a company in Belize that I believe might have just what you are looking for...I will look it up and PM ya
Ok, let me see....:D

Workin' 4 Toys
06-05-2007, 12:39 AM
OTAY!:uglyhamme

Take look at this :rolleyes: (http://www.parkbenchteak.com/beta/upload/TeakMaintenance.pdf)

TMCNo1
06-05-2007, 12:46 AM
Take look at this :rolleyes: (http://www.parkbenchteak.com/beta/upload/TeakMaintenance.pdf)

I love it! Looks like my services won't be needed, Ah ship! Do they make teak swim platforms??? I need one out of the fine stuff!:uglyhamme

Workin' 4 Toys
06-05-2007, 12:49 AM
I love it! Looks like my services won't be needed, Ah ship! Do they make teak swim platforms??? I need one out of the fine stuff!:uglyhammeGeez, let's not blow this all out of proportion..:rolleyes: .. It was mearly a link for your entertainment. Especially the last paragraph.

Hoosier Bob
06-05-2007, 12:52 AM
Great! Tomorrow Harold will have a "Take Care of Your Teak Lawn Furniture" thread! We need more of those!:mad:

Workin' 4 Toys
06-05-2007, 12:58 AM
This will be porch furniture, not lawn furniture, you crazy ****** ******, Get a grip, I won't be able to let them out in the sun..:rolleyes:

Hoosier Bob
06-05-2007, 01:02 AM
Sorry my bad! Some day I will have me a porch.:o This will be porch furniture, not lawn furniture, you crazy ****** ******, Get a grip, I won't be able to let them out in the sun..:rolleyes:

Workin' 4 Toys
06-05-2007, 01:04 AM
Sorry my bad! Some day I will have me a porch.:o
Polished forged aluminum lawn furniture goes in the lawn, Teak goes on the porch under the awning.;)

TMCNo1
06-05-2007, 07:51 AM
This will be porch furniture, not lawn furniture, you crazy ****** ******, Get a grip, I won't be able to let them out in the sun..:rolleyes:

Well, now that's a whole different story! I'll have to start writin' tha' article here shortly, called, "Why am I leaving oily residue everywhere I sit, Is it my Preperation "H"!:rolleyes: :cool: :D

Workin' 4 Toys
06-05-2007, 09:01 PM
Well, Only one suggestion ain't exactly what I expected.......:confused:

M-Funf
06-07-2007, 03:13 PM
So are you going to order some furniture from this place? I know my wife has been hinting at more teak furniture for the deck, and likes the chaises we have, so we may be making a trip down there to see what else they have (since they're pretty close to us). Let me talk to her and see if she wants to head down and I can give you my :twocents:

Workin' 4 Toys
06-07-2007, 03:48 PM
So are you going to order some furniture from this place? I know my wife has been hinting at more teak furniture for the deck, and likes the chaises we have, so we may be making a trip down there to see what else they have (since they're pretty close to us). Let me talk to her and see if she wants to head down and I can give you my :twocents:
It's looking like the best suggestion I have so far...

Possibly 2 of these..Tables (http://www.parkbenchteak.com/beta/park_bench/merch_details.asp?site=park%5Fbench&category=Tables&sub_category=All&offset=10&item_id=68)

4 of these chairs (http://www.parkbenchteak.com/beta/park_bench/merch_details.asp?site=park%5Fbench&category=Chairs&sub_category=All&item_id=39)

And/or instead of 2 chairs..This..Bench (http://www.parkbenchteak.com/beta/park_bench/merch_details.asp?site=park%5Fbench&category=Benches&sub_category=All&item_id=163)
And I would appreciate it if you could give me your opinion....

M-Funf
06-07-2007, 03:52 PM
You gonna get the cute little bunny, too :rolleyes:

http://www.parkbenchteak.com/beta/upload/wb2008.jpg

If we head down there soon, I'll take a look and let you know what I think (when I think, that is)

Workin' 4 Toys
06-07-2007, 03:54 PM
You gonna get the cute little bunny, too :rolleyes:
If it will take a coat of teak sealer....or oil...or sealer..or oil......I am so confused which I should use.... And if it promises not to make a bunch more little bunnies that are gonna eat all my new plants...;)

suedv
06-07-2007, 04:00 PM
If it will take a coat of teak sealer....or oil...or sealer..or oil......I am so confused which I should use.... And if it promises not to make a bunch more little bunnies that are gonna eat all my new plants...;)

That's a good idea. Keep the bunnies out of those plants!!!!!

Workin' 4 Toys
06-07-2007, 04:08 PM
Sue, can you picture these chairs/tables on the "porch"...? What do you think?

Tonight, I'm hunting wabbit!! We' gonna have wabbit for dinner....:D

suedv
06-07-2007, 04:17 PM
I like them... especially the bench. I'd go for the 2 chairs and bench idea.

That bench would be a nice place to sit and sip lemonade on a hot day while enjoying the sights and sounds of your neighborhood. :)

Workin' 4 Toys
06-07-2007, 05:24 PM
I like them... especially the bench. I'd go for the 2 chairs and bench idea.

That bench would be a nice place to sit and sip lemonade on a hot day while enjoying the sights and sounds of your neighborhood. :)
I might have to draw something up to see it both ways to decide....;)

X2M
06-07-2007, 05:45 PM
What about the 2 chairs and one small table, the bench and one larger table? You could be more versatile with the set up.:twocents:

TMCNo1
06-07-2007, 05:57 PM
You gonna get the cute little bunny, too.

http://www.parkbenchteak.com/beta/upload/wb2008.jpg

Ummmmmmmmmmmm, a teak bunny bow light with a red and a green eye???????????????:uglyhamme :popcorn: :eek:

suedv
06-07-2007, 06:14 PM
What about the 2 chairs and one small table, the bench and one larger table? You could be more versatile with the set up.:twocents:

Here’s a different perspective from the versatility one. I try to get seating for 4 in all the various parts of my yard where people sit. I'm always outside if I'm home so I know all my neighbors. My yard seems to be the place for people to stop and chat. It's nice to have places for everyone to sit. Besides, we have two college age kids and it’s so nice to sit outside with them soooo... 4 seats of some kind are what I like.

Workin' 4 Toys
06-08-2007, 12:09 AM
Interesting.......Now we're gettin' somewhere.....:D

Workin' 4 Toys
06-08-2007, 12:11 AM
Ummmmmmmmmmmm, a teak bunny bow light with a red and a green eye???????????????:uglyhamme :popcorn: :eek:

Now you did it.....M-funf...See if the bunny is in fact made of Teak, we may be onto something....;)

Workin' 4 Toys
06-08-2007, 12:17 AM
Hereís a different perspective from the versatility one. I try to get seating for 4 in all the various parts of my yard where people sit. I'm always outside if I'm home so I know all my neighbors. My yard seems to be the place for people to stop and chat. It's nice to have places for everyone to sit. Besides, we have two college age kids and itís so nice to sit outside with them soooo... 4 seats of some kind are what I like.
4 "seats" has always been the plan, and two tables (or more).
The arrangement is now under scrutiny. I am ALL for suggestions....:D I am also going to need some nice decoration to go with all of this furniture. With the help of my TT family, I will be thee house to be at...;) And we haven't even begun the back patio stuff...(One thing at a time, right?)

Oh, the porch is roughly 24' by 6', but there is a door opening 6' wide at one end, if that helps with the suggestions.:D

TMCNo1
06-08-2007, 12:18 AM
Now you did it.....M-funf...See if the bunny is in fact made of Teak, we may be onto something....;)

This could be bigger than setscrews and hukers!:eek: :uglyhamme
Teak Bunny Bowlight $69.95, w/optional Teak Oil finish, $129.95/+ shipping includes 3 part refurbishing kit and a free Florida Gator hat while supplies last!

Workin' 4 Toys
06-08-2007, 12:22 AM
This could be bigger than setscrews and hukers!:eek: :uglyhamme
Teak Bunny Bowlight $69.95, w/optional Teak Oil finish, $129.95/ includes 3 part refurbishing kit!
Ahhhh.....The Bow Bunneak :wavey: