PDA

View Full Version : Tree Sap!!!!!

captain planet
06-04-2007, 09:15 AM
I have a question that I haven't seen answered here before. I always have a tarp over my boat cover, but this year I couldn't find one long enough to cover my platform. Now the cover for my platform (same material as my cover) has Pine tree sap and pine needles stuck to an area about the size of a dinner plate. What can I use to get this off without ruining the cover?? I've tried Simple Green with no luck, and tried soaking the cover in water for a day. That didn't work either. Anyone had this happen before?

trickskier
06-04-2007, 09:38 AM
Hey CP,
Check out this stuff:

http://www.magicsprayandshine.com/index.php?s=&c=16&d=&e=&f=&g=&w=21&p=10&r=Y&gclid=CPWi1MTKwowCFR_wgAodL0MtVw

captain planet
06-04-2007, 09:43 AM
Can I find that stuff at a local retailer, or is it internet only? I haven't seen this product before, but I haven't needed it till now.

Thanks Tricky.

trickskier
06-04-2007, 09:44 AM
Can I find that stuff at a local retailer, or is it internet only? I haven't seen this product before, but I haven't needed it till now.

Thanks Tricky.
I have no idea..........I just gooled it and that's what came up.........

captain planet
06-04-2007, 09:55 AM
That was going to be my next step but I figured I would tap the wealth of knowledge that exists here first.

jkski
06-04-2007, 10:23 AM
Have you tried the "Bug and Tar Remover" that can be purchased at any auto parts store for removing stuff like this from your vehicle. I know I use one made by Turtle Wax, and it seems to work well, however, I have never used it on a tarp, so I can not say that it will or will not stain in any way.

06' X-2 R8R H8R
06-04-2007, 10:29 AM
goo off will make shot work of it.