PDA

View Full Version : AHHHH, Finally!!!!

captain planet
06-04-2007, 10:10 AM
I know this is probably small news to most but I FINALLY got my boat on the water this weekend..........at 7:30 pm on Sunday, after the RAIN finally stopped:mad: Took my wife, 2 kids, and dog for the initial boat ride/test of the season. I had de-winterized the boat the day before, replaced the battery, and installed a new impeller. No leaks, temp gauge stayed where it is supposed to, and the boat ran great. :banana:

Now if I can just get my buddies off their porches so I can ACTUALLY ski, that would be great. (Sorry Craig, couldn't resist)

Danimal
06-04-2007, 10:56 AM
Congrats! I still don't have mine out of storage. The wife has me doing so much around the house and yard I simply haven't had the time to get her out. Once I do get her out I have to fix the raw water pump, bilge pump, bilge blower, oil and tranny fluid change, and finally a complete tune up. I am also considering making the change to electronic ignition.

sheeesh - Now it sounds like a lot of work!!

jkski
06-04-2007, 11:03 AM
Congrats man, and just in time for it to rain all week......so I have you to blame for the crappy weather we are about to have!!!! (only kidding)
It's a long season, I'm sure you'll get plenty of time out there.

captain planet
06-04-2007, 11:08 AM
Yea, I'm still a little irritated that my new ski has yet to get wet in the wonderful waters of Berlin Res. :rant:

I haven't forgotten about your offer, but I need to get used to my ski before I come out and make a fool out of myself with you guys. :o

jkski
06-04-2007, 11:16 AM
No fools, just fun. Have no fear, it's all about just hanging out and having fun, no matter how good or bad you do. The offer will always stand, just give a shout when you are ready.

beatle78
06-04-2007, 03:05 PM
Don't feel bad, mine has only been in the water for 9 days.... my brother is hooked on our 2001 205V. Although it's not a fair comparison to my Carb'd 2001 BU Response he has already come over more this year to go riding then he did in all of June of last summer :) :)

And my wife who wouldn't even step foot in my BU was the first person to drive it when we got it last fall..... After over and hour I asked if I could drive.... she's hooked too!!! :)

THANK YOU MC!

pram
06-04-2007, 03:10 PM
Congrats! I still don't have mine out of storage. The wife has me doing so much around the house and yard I simply haven't had the time to get her out. Once I do get her out I have to fix the raw water pump, bilge pump, bilge blower, oil and tranny fluid change, and finally a complete tune up. I am also considering making the change to electronic ignition.

sheeesh - Now it sounds like a lot of work!!

Honeydo lists are the worst.I thought that there was Man Rule about this:confused:

Ah yes I found it
#34.2.1a clearly states that the woman will not give her husband a Honeydo list after May 1 of any given year that there is a boat clearly being neglected by the husband :eek:
#34.2.1b also goes on to say that Honeydo list are only enforceable between the time the lake freezes and the time that it thaws (unless you live in the UP then it is from November to March).

beatle78
06-04-2007, 03:34 PM
prambold

please send me that entire manlist... I need to post it on the fridge.... it's OK, I have a comfortable couch to sleep on :)

trickskier
06-04-2007, 04:02 PM
I know this is probably small news to most but I FINALLY got my boat on the water this weekend..........
CP,
Let me give you some GOOD ADVICE here....................Move to FLORIDA...........I've NEVER winterized my boat, use it YEAR ROUND, and have been skiing since March................;)

captain planet
06-04-2007, 04:50 PM
CP,
Let me give you some GOOD ADVICE here....................Move to FLORIDA...........I've NEVER winterized my boat, use it YEAR ROUND, and have been skiing since March................;)
Sorry man, can't do it. It is just WAYYYYYYYYYYY too hot down there for me. I can't stand 90+ degrees. I know it doesn't make sense, a boater that doesn't like the heat. Well the heat is fine......IF YOUR IN A BOAT. But when you actually have to work in it, sorry man, not for me. :o I have said on more than 1000 occasions, "if the temp is above 85 degrees, the only place is to be on a boat."

I don't mind skiing on a 70 degree and cloudy day. Works just fine for me. As it has been shown, I ain't afraid of the cold. :rolleyes:

trickskier
06-04-2007, 05:07 PM
Sorry man, can't do it. It is just WAYYYYYYYYYYY too hot down there for me. I can't stand 90+ degrees. I know it doesn't make sense, a boater that doesn't like the heat. Well the heat is fine......IF YOUR IN A BOAT. But when you actually have to work in it, sorry man, not for me. :o I have said on more than 1000 occasions, "if the temp is above 85 degrees, the only place is to be on a boat."

I don't mind skiing on a 70 degree and cloudy day. Works just fine for me. As it has been shown, I ain't afraid of the cold. :rolleyes:
Hey Buddy,
If it get's below 68 I put on a windbreaker...................:D

chudson
06-04-2007, 05:11 PM
Way to go "CP" glad to hear your up and goin, still in dry doc here. I'm havin some things done to the engine and my mech is not done yet may be done tonight. Can't wait though he told me I may get another 100 hp out of it.

captain planet
06-04-2007, 05:19 PM
Way to go "CP" glad to hear your up and goin, still in dry doc here. I'm havin some things done to the engine and my mech is not done yet may be done tonight. Can't wait though he told me I may get another 100 hp out of it.
It may not seem like a big deal, but the first ride of the year is always the most satisfying. Hope your boat runs well. Good luck and remember to take a "lake pop" with you for the first ride. :D

daverbeck
06-04-2007, 11:36 PM
Hey Trickskier - you've only been skiing since March? Do you normally lay off December through February? That would seem odd to me since I come all the way from Wisconsin to ski in Florida in January (and have to pay a ski school to boot!). Oh well, I guess my brain is frozen by then! I must admit that on my second Florida trip in April this year it was much nicer.

Started skiing in WI the first weekend in May. Only skipped one since (out of town).