PDA

View Full Version : Orange & Blue Lobster

trickskier
06-02-2007, 09:32 AM
PORTLAND, Maine -- A Christmas surprise came a little early for two Maine lobstermen.

Charlie Weber and his son Chris caught a half-orange, half-blue lobster in their traps.

Charlie said that in the 45 years he's been a lobsterman, he's never seen anything like the striped crustacean.

Biologists said that the lobster has a genetic mutation called bilateral symmetry, which makes it look as if somebody painted each side with a perfect line down the middle.

Chris said that he wants to give the lobster to an aquarium so that it can be put on display.

Laurel_Lake_Skier
06-02-2007, 09:53 AM
Looks like it didn't get all the way into the kettle!:rolleyes:

WTRSK1R
06-02-2007, 09:59 AM
Very Cool. I have to agree, he looks half cooked.
:)

ProTour X9
06-02-2007, 10:00 AM
I could have swore I saw a squirrel like that......:rolleyes:

tex
06-02-2007, 10:05 AM
I'll put him on display...with some lemon butter!

JohnE
06-02-2007, 10:11 AM
In my nearly 40 years of eating lobster, I've never seen that either!;)

mbeach
06-02-2007, 10:30 AM
hey tricks, would make a nice substitute mascot for the gates. would not even need to paint him up for the frenzy in the swamp. albert might get jealous, however, since he has been top dog for a long time. by the way, have not made it down yet. been busy getting my son graduated from hs. see you are finally getting some rain. hopefully, i will be able to launch at lake hampton sometime in july.

trickskier
06-02-2007, 10:54 AM
hey tricks, would make a nice substitute mascot for the gates. would not even need to paint him up for the frenzy in the swamp. albert might get jealous, however, since he has been top dog for a long time. by the way, have not made it down yet. been busy getting my son graduated from hs. see you are finally getting some rain. hopefully, i will be able to launch at lake hampton sometime in july.
Yes, we REALLY need the RAIN!!!...........Stay in touch.........I'll let you know what this does for the lake levels.

Willski
06-03-2007, 01:53 PM
PORTLAND, Maine -- A Christmas surprise came a little early for two Maine lobstermen.

Charlie Weber and his son Chris caught a half-orange, half-blue lobster in their traps.

Charlie said that in the 45 years he's been a lobsterman, he's never seen anything like the striped crustacean.

Biologists said that the lobster has a genetic mutation called bilateral symmetry, which makes it look as if somebody painted each side with a perfect line down the middle.

Chris said that he wants to give the lobster to an aquarium so that it can be put on display.

Must be an ILLINI fan!!