PDA

View Full Version : Best Delivery Ever: MaterCraft X-14 Delivery

mtrask
06-01-2007, 11:41 PM
We met the boys at www.nefwm.com. My friend had mentioned that they seemed to have all the makins of great dealer. So we looked into there company. My first call to them, being a no name, they met every standard, --Trust, Reliability, Service, Knowlege, follow thru Etc. They took care of all our concerns with our existinfg boat. We owned a PS209 "04". We talked about a new boat. They found a great home for our boat and showed us just what we wanted in the X-14 with confidence.

The Next 5-Days

This is were it gets good. They brought a fantastic family to our house, at the last minute on a rainy Sunday to test drive our boat. Quality people, Steve and his sone Neil test drove our boat--Not hull kickers. We finished the test, and they assured us they wanted the boat. They also understood, we still had to test drive the X-14 to make our final decision.

Again it got better. We were supposed to meet New England Fresh Water(Jay & Bill) on a Wednesday night, though work for my brother and I delayed us till Thursaday night. On Thursday night we were again delayed into the night and finally after 6pm we got to there place to test drive the X-14. I remember getting an email from Jay saying "whats going on--are you coming tonight". The owners Jay and Bill both met us, to say hello, and shortly after the test drive. Bills' son just happens to be one of the best wakeboarders my brother an I have ever seen "Mikey Marsh". They drove us around, They pulled us Slalom(Wake was sweet) & Wakeboarding(Wake was sweet), then we watched Mikey Marsh. He pulled some crazy stuff off the back of this boat. We loved the boat. they then took us out later with some buddies of theres. Great over-all hospitality--Family, friends, etc.

It still got better. I called Jay and Bill @ www.nefwm.com and spoke with them on Friday morning a couple of times. I finally made the decision at 10:30am on Friday to make the deal. They had to install a heater, Tower lights/speakers, & Prep boat. They said they would deliver the boat that night!!?? We of course said great, though as the day grew shorter things looked glum for Memorial Day Weekend. Realize we were still in possesion of our boat, though Neil, Steve, My Brother and myself were all waiting for new boats. 5pm-6pm-7pm. I placed the call; still comin. I asked Bill-Maybe we should wait for tommorrow--"No, we said we would deliver it tonight, and Neil & Steve are waiting for your old boat as well!!" 8pmp-9pm-10pm--3-4beers(6-7 beers more like it) my brother sleeping now. Gotto make the call and at 11:30pm "We are leaving now "Jay said""

Bottom line--Bill showed up at our house with our X-14 at 1am. I woke up my brother. We went through all the paper work--Signed. Called Bill a "nut"... It was now 2:30am. "Said to Bill--Plenty of room to stake-out till morning". He only politely refused and said he had to deliver our PS 209 to Neil and Steve tommorrow. We went out to hook up the old boat, set him up for his road trip, and off he went at 3:am back home.

I understand he & Jay delivered our old ps 209 to Steve & Neil and two other boats the next day.

What has your dealer done for you lately??

1-Day delivery without excuses. These guys really made us feel like we were there only customer--and I know that was not the case.

Thankyou -- New England Fresh Water Marine--We could not be happier with our decision..

Mike & Bill T

tex
06-01-2007, 11:58 PM
That's why I own a Mastercraft! I got no reason to think that my friends at Texas Mastercraft would do the same for me or another customer! Great Story!

SaltwaterMC
06-02-2007, 12:04 AM
Great story and sounds like a great dealership!

dapicatti
06-02-2007, 12:25 AM
Wow! Great to hear that they went way above and beyond for you. Makes you proud to own a MC!

ridehype4life
06-02-2007, 01:24 AM
Lets see some pics of the new ride!

sand2snow22
06-02-2007, 02:07 AM
Congrats, great story.......Now, let's see if you can come through for us, we would like to see pics of the boat, waterski wake, wakeboard wake and surf wake by morning......:D

shepherd
06-02-2007, 08:00 AM
Yes, pics of the new X14 in action are definitely required for this site!

JohnE
06-02-2007, 10:18 AM
Mike and Bill,

Congrats on your new boat! It is sweet looking. I went to the Worcester boat show just to see it.

I almost bought a new 197 from them this year, but for financial reasons bought an '05 instead.

If the wake is as good as they claim on the 214/X14, I'll be in one in a few years. Is it that good?

And definitely post some pic's.

John

shepherd
06-02-2007, 02:03 PM
If the wake is as good as they claim on the 214/X14, I'll be in one in a few years. Is it that good?

Huh? I guess the 197 is just a "time killer" to hold you over until you buy your new X14? ;)
From what I read here, sounds like you guys are "wearing that purdy thing out", as Harold would say. :D

I wish we had a MC dealer around here so I could go check those new boats out. Sounds too good to be true.

JohnnyB
06-02-2007, 02:12 PM
We've all discussed bad examples of dealer customer service on this site. It is great to see someone post something a dealer has done "above and beyond".

There are a few dealers that have gotten the "positive press" they deserve through this site!

A good dealer is customer focused and fair....fair to you, their people, their business and the Mastercraft name.....its a tough line to walk and when one of those four items is out of balance, someone winds up unhappy.

Jim@BAWS
06-02-2007, 02:37 PM
I wish we had a MC dealer around here so I could go check those new boats out. Sounds too good to be true.

Come to Tampa then

Jim@BAWS

shepherd
06-02-2007, 03:26 PM
Come to Tampa then

Jim@BAWS

6 hour drive :cool:

You need to throw a party Jim. FFM - Florida Fall Madness!

JohnE
06-02-2007, 06:36 PM
6 hour drive :cool:

You need to throw a party Jim. FFM - Florida Fall Madness!

I'm in! Can I hang with you Shep? I'm not towing that far. I can fly there in 3 hrs.;)

FFM go JIm@ BAWS!:D

JohnE
06-02-2007, 06:41 PM
Huh? I guess the 197 is just a "time killer" to hold you over until you buy your new X14? ;)
From what I read here, sounds like you guys are "wearing that purdy thing out", as Harold would say. :D

I might have the 197 for 20 years. I've just been intrigued by the 214 since we do a lot of "boating" plus a lot of skiing. I'm also intrigued by the anniversary editions as you know. I guess I'm just easily excitable. I love my 197.

We've put about 25 hours on it so far. So we'll probably put maybe 125 or so on this year. Maybe more.

shepherd
06-02-2007, 07:37 PM
I'm in! Can I hang with you Shep? I'm not towing that far. I can fly there in 3 hrs.;)

FFM go JIm@ BAWS!:D

Any time my friend. And if it happened, I'd be towing the 197 down there as long as there's a slalom course for us to use.

jaysus
06-02-2007, 08:17 PM
I might have the 197 for 20 years. I've just been intrigued by the 214 since we do a lot of "boating" plus a lot of skiing. I'm also intrigued by the anniversary editions as you know. I guess I'm just easily excitable. I love my 197.

We've put about 25 hours on it so far. So we'll probably put maybe 125 or so on this year. Maybe more.

John,

I think you are going to get close to doubling that number of hours if you keep that pace up.

I'm in for 200+ hours on JohnE's new 197

Want to get a pool going? You can't be in it of course...

JohnE
06-03-2007, 10:52 AM
John,

I think you are going to get close to doubling that number of hours if you keep that pace up.

I'm in for 200+ hours on JohnE's new 197

Want to get a pool going? You can't be in it of course...

I can't put that many on!......Well maybe. I have 3 weeks of vacations planned for the boat already, and that doesn't count all the rest of the weekends and nights after work.

mtrask
06-03-2007, 09:00 PM
We are trying to get some pictures up. Boat already has more than 20hrs. We are too busy rippin it up. Slalom, Wake board, Even the Air chair today. Cannot get enough.

Thanks for the interest

See if I can get some pictures up tommorrow

shepherd
06-03-2007, 09:05 PM
I wonder if Waterski magazine will do a boat test for slalom skiing on the 214? I guess those don't come out until January or so, right?

mtrask
06-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Not sure, My experience so far has been perfect.

Over-all the boat handles. She has the power, The wake, Incredibly comfortable.

beatle78
06-04-2007, 12:14 PM
mtrask, what lake do you ride on? I ride on Slack's Reservois in Smithfield, RI

My neighbor just bought an '07 197 from them and said similar stuff about our NEW Mastercraft dealer. We have not had good luck with MC dealers in our area so I wish them well.

It's about time someone around my area realized that is we are paying this much for a boat we expect outstanding service!! It's supposed to be part of the MC experience.

The only bad part is they are 90 minutes away, and another new MC dealer just opened up 20 minutes away, but he contracts his service dept out to a different location. I don't see customer service from that.

JohnE
06-04-2007, 01:44 PM
mtrask, what lake do you ride on? I ride on Slack's Reservois in Smithfield, RI

My neighbor just bought an '07 197 from them and said similar stuff about our NEW Mastercraft dealer. We have not had good luck with MC dealers in our area so I wish them well.

It's about time someone around my area realized that is we are paying this much for a boat we expect outstanding service!! It's supposed to be part of the MC experience.

The only bad part is they are 90 minutes away, and another new MC dealer just opened up 20 minutes away, but he contracts his service dept out to a different location. I don't see customer service from that.

That must be public? What can you tell me about it? I'm about 30 minutes from there.

beatle78
06-04-2007, 01:48 PM
Hi JohnE, actually it's a private lake, the only public access is a town beach.

JohnE
06-04-2007, 04:51 PM
Hi JohnE, actually it's a private lake, the only public access is a town beach.

Thanks. I'm looking for a few new places to try, so I thought I'd ask.

mtrask
06-04-2007, 07:08 PM
Peter is a friend of mine. His new 197 is great. He also introduced me to the boys a New England Fresh Water Marine. We ski on a lake by the name of Beach Pond. I skied on Slacks one year behind Peters old 190. Great place. Loved it there. Hope to get to Petes place this year!!

Re: NEFWM--All I can say is it is worth the trip!! If you need something you can contact me. I am down that way often--I can pick it up in a Jam. . My wifes family is from Smithfield RI, so we are in that area often.

Thanks for the interest.. Hope to see you up at Slacks this year

Definetely take a look at there web site for there Demo days & events

mtrask
06-04-2007, 07:09 PM
John-what lake are you on in MA??

mtrask
06-04-2007, 07:10 PM
Thanks. I'm looking for a few new places to try, so I thought I'd ask.

beatle78
06-04-2007, 07:17 PM
Hey mtrask, what a small world. Thanks for the offer!

I'm the neighbor right before you get to Pete's. He was telling me about beach pond, but I've never heard of it.

Hope to see you here this year, the water is finally up and it looks like it's gonna stay there!

JohnE
06-04-2007, 08:05 PM

I live 2 miles from my father's house on Lake Maspenock in Hopkinton. AKA North Pond if you're in Milford or Upton. It's a small lake but is great for skiing. I trailer it and drop it in at his house. Some weekends I'll leave it in. From the time I leave to launched and on the water is under 10 minutes. I'm planning on hitting some various local lakes for something different a few weekends this year.

It's Mike, right?

beatle78
06-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Go to Long Pond! We almost bought a house there 4 years ago. For NE it was HUGE!!! It was such a cool experience. I just sold my BU to a guy at work that lives in Taunton so he'll probably be trailering it down there a lot. I'll probably head out with him sometime.

JohnE
06-04-2007, 08:56 PM
Go to Long Pond! We almost bought a house there 4 years ago. For NE it was HUGE!!! It was such a cool experience. I just sold my BU to a guy at work that lives in Taunton so he'll probably be trailering it down there a lot. I'll probably head out with him sometime.

Where is Long Pond?

mtrask
06-04-2007, 10:36 PM
Hey mtrask, what a small world. Thanks for the offer!

I'm the neighbor right before you get to Pete's. He was telling me about beach pond, but I've never heard of it.

Hope to see you here this year, the water is finally up and it looks like it's gonna stay there!

I no he has some get together at some point. Look forward to getting down there. Pete has a great family & friends.

mtrask
06-04-2007, 10:44 PM
I live 2 miles from my father's house on Lake Maspenock in Hopkinton. AKA North Pond if you're in Milford or Upton. It's a small lake but is great for skiing. I trailer it and drop it in at his house. Some weekends I'll leave it in. From the time I leave to launched and on the water is under 10 minutes. I'm planning on hitting some various local lakes for something different a few weekends this year.

It's Mike, right?

Yes it is Mike.
Put Beach Pond on the list.
We are there every weekend.. We always talk about getting to different lakes, though we get into the family business. Gotto ask, Why would you leave sometimes --right. More good times to come!!

beatle78
06-05-2007, 07:38 AM
Long Pond is in Lakeville/Freetown.... It's the biggest public lake in Mass.

http://www.google.com/maps?q=5+Mona+St,+Lakeville,+MA+02347,+USA&sa=X&oi=map&ct=title

beatle78
06-05-2007, 07:39 AM
hope to see you at Pete's!

JohnE
06-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Long Pond is in Lakeville/Freetown.... It's the biggest public lake in Mass.

http://www.google.com/maps?q=5+Mona+St,+Lakeville,+MA+02347,+USA&sa=X&oi=map&ct=title

So is the only public launch in Freetown? I did some searching and could only find one launch. How is the parking. I'd guess that like anywhere it's ok if you get there early enough. How well marked are the rocks? One article said there are numerous rocks. (As in most lakes around here) Any info would be appreciated. I'd be interested in making a trip there.

mtrask
06-05-2007, 10:43 PM
Sorry I do not have more

mtrask
06-05-2007, 10:52 PM
Still only basic, though more to follow!!

beatle78
06-06-2007, 07:41 AM
nice!!! Where did you get the lift from? I like how the tower can stay up with the lift cover on. SWEET!

JohnE, I think there are a couple of trouble spots but most of the lake is clean. There is a marina on the west side of the lake almost exactly at thehalf way point. I'm sure they could advise you on the lake and maybe even have maps.

The kid I just sold my BU to last week is planning on trailering there. I'll keep you posted.

I thought someone told me there was 2 boat ramps on there. I'll try to find out mroe for you.

mtrask
06-06-2007, 08:27 PM
I modified the boat lift so that I can raise the canopy during the day and drive in with the tower up. and then at night lower it and fold the tower. All electric.. Pretty cool

Tim205
06-06-2007, 10:37 PM
Hey - I live in Orlando, FL now, but spent most of my life in Bridgewater, MA and trailered my ski boats into long pond all the time. Parking is ok, not a ton of spaces, and the ramp is fine. No dock to tie-up to after the boat is in the water. Many times I was there for a one man operation (or with my little kids). Would back off the trailer, anchor it, swim back to the truck, park, swim back to the boat. I remember one day in April that was very cold doing that!

There is a big point of land on the right after you pass the marina. The shallows extend out way past the point, so take that turn VERY wide, and keep to the middle. Max depth in the pond anywhere is like 12' - 14'. I remember finding a chart online (yahoo search) that was halfway decent. The only public ramp is in freetown, but there is a ramp at the marina as well.

Plan on washing your boat for a while afterwards, the brown water stains very bad!!!

Tim

beatle78
06-07-2007, 09:45 AM
nice!!! Love the lift/canopy combo!

mtrask
06-11-2007, 08:39 PM
Thank you
Still havin fun with it

mtrask
06-18-2007, 08:10 PM
Here are some pictures as requested

34mph @ 15off

mtrask
06-18-2007, 08:12 PM
Picture as requested

Amature @ 22mph

Wake is great

X-14 MCX power slot

beatle78
06-18-2007, 09:11 PM
nice!!!!..... do you have a ballast system in the boat?

sand2snow22
06-19-2007, 12:14 AM
Picture as requested

Amature @ 22mph

Wake is great

X-14 MCX power slot

How many people were in the boat? If you add a little weight to the port side, it will clean the wake up on that side.......

mtrask
06-19-2007, 07:55 PM
nice!!!!..... do you have a ballast system in the boat?
Three tanks @800lbs water and a couple of attendees @7-800lbs during picture--no additional tank besides stock though

mtrask
06-19-2007, 07:57 PM
How many people were in the boat? If you add a little weight to the port side, it will clean the wake up on that side.......
Thanks
Will do!!

beatle78
06-19-2007, 08:01 PM
kool...... nice grab! :)