PDA

View Full Version : Rocklahoma!!!

milkmania
06-01-2007, 11:16 PM
1st. Annual

http://www.rockfeverfest.com/artists.php

tex
06-02-2007, 12:03 AM
Wow-Besides QUIET RIOT could you get anymore spare hair bands? Maybe throw in some Extreme or Stryper!

Farmer Ted
06-02-2007, 12:10 AM
What no Judas Priest?

tex
06-02-2007, 12:18 AM
What about-
Tesla
Vixin
Kingdom Come
Kix
Europe
Queensryche
Krokus
Nelson
Trixter

shepherd
06-02-2007, 08:08 AM
What about-
Tesla
Vixin
Kingdom Come
Kix
Europe
Queensryche
Krokus
Nelson
Trixter

You forgot Hanson.

shepherd
06-02-2007, 08:09 AM
1st. Annual

http://www.rockfeverfest.com/artists.php

Ahhh, the answer to the much asked question: Where are they now? :D

Upper Michigan Prostar190
06-02-2007, 09:29 AM
What really stinks is these bands are shadows of there former selves. some were really good 80's rocks bands, but missing "key" band members now that made the band.

biggest dissapointment: White Lion. when they got back together without Vito Bratta, the might as well have applied at McDonalds. :rolleyes: Vito WAS the sound of White Lion.

Vince Neil.....ya.....retire already hey chum??

Ratt....well, decent band but no Stephen Pearcy on vocals, and Robbin Crosby passed away about 5 years ago. not the same band without them.

Winger.....no comment.....

Slaughter......Hey guys, I hear Walmart is hiring!!

Warrant.....you guys ever hear of Jared's subway diet??

Firehouse.....lame arse ballad band

Enuff znuff, yes enough is enough. Please go home

Bullet Boys .......one lame hit.

Dokken. No George Lynch. go home guys. End of story.

Quiet Riot. They still kick arse, good band. key members still there.

Poison, key members still there, great live rock band.

milkmania
06-02-2007, 09:55 AM
What really stinks is these bands are shadows of there former selves. some were really good 80's rocks bands, but missing "key" band members now that made the band.

biggest dissapointment: White Lion. when they got back together without Vito Bratta, the might as well have applied at McDonalds. :rolleyes: Vito WAS the sound of White Lion.

Vince Neil.....ya.....retire already hey chum??

Ratt....well, decent band but no Stephen Pearcy on vocals, and Robbin Crosby passed away about 5 years ago. not the same band without them.

Winger.....no comment.....

Slaughter......Hey guys, I hear Walmart is hiring!!

Warrant.....you guys ever hear of Jared's subway diet??

Firehouse.....lame arse ballad band

Enuff znuff, yes enough is enough. Please go home

Bullet Boys .......one lame hit.

Dokken. No George Lynch. go home guys. End of story.

Quiet Riot. They still kick arse, good band. key members still there.

Poison, key members still there, great live rock band.

I can get your tickets:rolleyes:

8p

tex
06-02-2007, 10:07 AM
You forgot Hanson.
I had...thanks for putting that crap back in my head

I have to return the favor-Nelson

milkmania
06-02-2007, 10:12 AM
I had...thanks for putting that crap back in my head

I have to return the favor-Nelson

Manudo!!!!!

06-02-2007, 10:43 AM
Manudo!!!!!
Ooo! that hurt!:D

shepherd
06-02-2007, 10:50 AM
Tell us what you really think UMP! 8p

Honestly, I pretty much grew up in the late 70s early 80s but never really listened to any of those crappy bands. I was old school, rocking out to old Zeppelin, Sabbath, ZZTop, Skynyrd, groups like that. Those 80s hair bands just came across as cheesy, barely-talented, imitators.

tex
06-02-2007, 10:59 AM

Honestly, I pretty much grew up in the late 70s early 80s but never really listened to any of those crappy bands. I was old school, rocking out to old Zeppelin, Sabbath, ZZTop, Skynyrd, groups like that. Those 80s hair bands just came across as cheesy, barely-talented, imitators.
Well said!

06-02-2007, 12:46 PM

True, true. Many of them were pretty cheesy. I really have to say that Vito Bratta from White Lion was an exception though. He was truly amazing. The last true guitarist virtuoso in my opinion. There are TONS of shredders out there just spewing out sonic nonsense, but Vito made great music and coupled it with guitar playing that was out of this world, all with the song as the focus. They had great songs, not just hair band BS music. Out of this world guitar playing. Check out the cover of Golden Earring's "Radar Love" that White Lion did. They stayed pretty true to the song, but Vito just LIT IT UP on guitar and made that song really come alive. "Mane Attraction" was their last CD, and their best IMO. some really great songs on there.

east tx skier
06-02-2007, 12:59 PM
Saw Tesla well past their 15 minutes on a free ticket once. They were opening for someone (I forget who). I remember there being a big debate between my buddy and me as to whether it was worth a free ticket. The guitar player from Tesla spent a good portion of the show yelling at people who were not standing up. No such thing as a free concert.

shepherd
06-02-2007, 01:05 PM
I admit that I never bothered to listen much to any of these bands - the few I heard were crap which steered me away from them - but I'm sure there were some gems.

I just downloaded White Lion's Radar Love and am listening to it now. You are right, UMP. The guitar on that song rocks! I like it better than the original. Thanks for the referral :headbang:

06-03-2007, 09:35 AM
Saw Tesla well past their 15 minutes on a free ticket once. They were opening for someone (I forget who). I remember there being a big debate between my buddy and me as to whether it was worth a free ticket. The guitar player from Tesla spent a good portion of the show yelling at people who were not standing up. No such thing as a free concert.
I know Tesla is back together touring again. One of my co-workers saw them on tour with the Scorpions a year or so ago and he said they did pretty well live, but he is a Tesla fan, so he opinion is biased of couse. I though they had some great rockers, "Modern Day Cowboy" although the lyrics are as cheesy as a drive through Wisconsin's dairy farms, the guitar and energy in the song are tremedous. My buddy said they opened with taht tune and it brought the house down. "Edison's Medicine" "Heaven's Trail" are great rocker too. and "Love song" was a great ballad that kicks arse as well, without being a text book cheesy "power ballad". Skeoch & Hannon are a great guitar team, right up there with Tipton & Downing, Degarmo & Wilson, and Schenker & Jabs. :twocents:

06-03-2007, 09:59 AM
I admit that I never bothered to listen much to any of these bands - the few I heard were crap which steered me away from them - but I'm sure there were some gems.

I just downloaded White Lion's Radar Love and am listening to it now. You are right, UMP. The guitar on that song rocks! I like it better than the original. Thanks for the referral :headbang:
Your welcome Shep!!:toast:

I like how they stayed true to the song, the rest of the band stayed on the mark, but Vito just LIT UP that guitar part. I cant remember ever hearing a better job of a cover than that. It just kicks! If you like Rock guitar, check out some more of their stuff. Vito was one helluva guitarist, but he also wrote great songs. If you want a cool comparison, they covered one of their own songs from their first CD. the First CD is called "Fight to survive" and was very low budget, and had a few good songs on it, but most was just "so-so". They had a song on their called "Broken Heart" and they redid it on the "Main Attraction" CD. it is SO cool to hear the differences between them. The production quality is so much better on the latter of course. But its cool to hear the raw version of the original. I checked iTunes for it, and its not there. but they have a 3rd version of it on there, thats pretty lame. If you can find their first CD, snag it. its worth the $4 you will probably pay for it at a used CD store. But if you want to hear their best stuff, get "Pride" and "Mane Attraction" CD's. Their Best songs, Vito's best guitar playing. Sad part is, when they split up in the early 90's Vito left he music biz. he said it ruined his life. as far as I know he was never an addict or anything, so I dont know what he meant exactly. I read that he went into the computer biz and became a nerd. People still look for him. He is one of the most amazing guitarists to walk the planet IMO, and its a shame he isnt putting out music in some form. I can sit here and ramble, but I wont bore you all. 8p

06-03-2007, 02:14 PM
Oh hey, Shep, if you liked that version of Radar Love, check out the song "Blue Monday" on the Mane Attraction CD. Its an instramental. Blusey guitar rock kinda slow groove with a lot of guts. If you can imagine a dive bar somewhere really warm, with no A/C and its mid-day, bartender is cleaning glasses, There is some sleazy chick stuffing the juke box with quaters and dirty dancin' on the dance floor alone. this is the song that would be playing. I have played that song live several times and people really like it. It has gotten alot of feedback from people when I see them on the street. I was surprized cause I thought it would fly right by them as just some "gutiar song" with no singing, but it really hit with them.

shepherd
06-03-2007, 04:39 PM
I like Tesla's cover of "Signs". Ask my anything else they did, and I draw a blank. :cool: