PDA

View Full Version : Bill payment questions....

milkmania
06-01-2007, 03:57 PM
How's everyone pay their bills?

well that poll's gonna be messed up......

I guess "combnation" is a trigger, because I voted "online", and it counted combination AND online

edit:
my 500th thread:D

trickskier
06-01-2007, 04:02 PM
ON LINE is the only way to GO!!! Best thing man ever invented........

Sodar
06-01-2007, 04:06 PM
I pay everything online.... HOWEVER! Ya gotta keep an eye on everything. I have been over charged on a few things and the bank has "under-estimated" my deposits... unfortunately they have never "over-estimted"!! Figures as much!!

milkmania
06-01-2007, 04:06 PM
ON LINE is the only way to GO!!! Best thing man ever invented........
I even went so far as to create an excel database that I keep on a secured jumpdrive*.....
fields are: DEBTOR, PAYMENT, ACCOUNT NUMBER, DEBTOR'S URL, USERNAME & PASSWORD

the url link's their login page
the payment field tallies automatically

works GREAT!!!

http://www.zalmar.com/images/JDS256-432.jpg

east tx skier
06-01-2007, 04:16 PM
Combo. I won't do auto draft, except in rare situations. There are a few creditors that only take checks (morons). There are two that want to charge me for paying online, who will now have to pay someone a salary to open snail mail from me.

trickskier
06-01-2007, 04:18 PM
I even went so far as to create an excel database that I keep on a secured jumpdrive*.....
fields are: DEBTOR, PAYMENT, ACCOUNT NUMBER, DEBTOR'S URL, USERNAME & PASSWORD

the url link's their login page
the payment field tallies automatically

works GREAT!!!

http://www.zalmar.com/images/JDS256-432.jpg
Nice............:D

Leroy
06-01-2007, 04:20 PM
All bank on line except you cannot pay speeding tickets and few other government fines like that.

milkmania
06-01-2007, 04:23 PM
All bank on line except you cannot pay speeding tickets and few other government fines like that.

I bet that day's coming.....

milkmania
06-01-2007, 04:27 PM
Nice............:D

by using this method, I can have 7 bills paid in under 5 minutes....

and in 5 more minutes I have my emailed receipts :cool:

pram
06-01-2007, 04:29 PM
Bills? those are the things that your wife pays when you give her the piece of paper that you get from the place that you visit everyday right?

Somethings online and some through the bank insta-tellar

Sodar
06-01-2007, 04:33 PM
by using this method, I can have 7 bills paid in under 5 minutes....

and in 5 more minutes I have my emailed receipts :cool:

I think I MIGHT be able to one up ya here Milk, but I gotta change computers in order to show ya my screen shot.

Here is the brief synopsis of my setup. I have a google spreadsheet and calendar set up with bill due dates and the other info that you listed (passwords, account numbers, etc). All that stuff is in my Apple Safari Tabs (I do not think Internet Explorer has tabs, but I do not know) Also, in my tabs I have all my bill collector websites. Safari has a function that states "Open all in Tabs" I just select that and my bill calendar, speadsheet and websites all open together in one window and i can just "tab" between them...

Start bagging on me Milk, I know there has to be a flaw somewhere!! :D :D

trickskier
06-01-2007, 04:35 PM
You can pay Traffic Citations on line in FL..............Check out the website below:

http://www.myfloridacounty.com/services/pay_traffic_citation_intro.shtml

ski_king
06-01-2007, 04:42 PM
I use online for most everything. Only exceptions are paperboy, school fundraisers, etc. On a typical month, I may write 2 checks.

For bills that do not accept online, my bank has a bill pay option where they will print and mail the check for me.

I still use Microsoft Money to keep track of upcoming bills etc and I can import the data from my online accounts easily.

dmayer84
06-01-2007, 04:52 PM
Milk, dont want to bust your bubble but those drives are not so secure. I read something not to long ago on how to break into them. I'll try to find it for ya.

6ballsisall
06-01-2007, 05:08 PM
Haven't wrote a check in years.....online is where it's at!!

milkmania
06-01-2007, 05:24 PM
Milk, dont want to bust your bubble but those drives are not so secure. I read something not to long ago on how to break into them. I'll try to find it for ya.

the only security I'm worried about is like having an database on my computer with all my usernames, accounts, and passwords

not so much worried about that info if it's on a seperate drive, just here at the house

theoretically (sp?) there's probably not much in the field that's totally secure....from a normal computer user's perspective.

I hear The Man can see all the websites I've been to......if he wants;)

milkmania
06-01-2007, 05:25 PM
On a typical month, I may write 2 checks.

my bank accounts are set up with no checks!

debit card and online only here

shepherd
06-01-2007, 05:53 PM
theoretically (sp?) there's probably not much in the field that's totally secure....from a normal computer user's perspective.

All checks. I don't have enough faith in my computer's security and my knowledge of internet security to trust online bill pay yet. Too many horror stories from our IT guy at work. Heck I get nervous buying stuff online or checking out my bank information online. :o

6ballsisall
06-01-2007, 06:52 PM
All checks. I don't have enough faith in my computer's security and my knowledge of internet security to trust online bill pay yet. Too many horror stories from our IT guy at work. Heck I get nervous buying stuff online or checking out my bank information online. :o
I will say after our little incident a few summers ago (owned a corvette in Idaho I never knew about and someone racked up 10k in airlines tickets on my Credit Card) we are more cautious now. We no longer use our debit card for online purchases, we use the only Credit Card we carry. I'd rather have to duke it out with the CC company than my bank and have my checking acct. depleted until it's all resolved.

SkiDog
06-01-2007, 07:59 PM
If my wife only knew what I owed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

milkmania
06-01-2007, 08:48 PM
If my wife only knew what I owed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(http://www.rejectsworld.co.uk/forum/images/smiles/eusa_doh.gif

JohnnyB
06-01-2007, 09:13 PM
No autobank drafts. I pay online through my bank.

BrianM
06-01-2007, 10:01 PM
No autobank drafts. I pay online through my bank. Ditto!

The beauty is if someone doesn't except electronic payment they send them a paper check via USPS.

Been doing it this way for about 4 years now and have only had one problem. My power company did not credit my account for a payment. I called them and told them it was paid onnline on x date. They had no record. I called my bank and they gave me the routing/serial number of the payment. Apparently all electronic transactions get this number through the federal reserve. Called back the power company and gave them that number. They had my account credited immediately. Pretty slick.

TMCNo1
06-01-2007, 10:38 PM

I agree!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

dapicatti
06-01-2007, 11:29 PM
I agree!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Well, your financial institution- bank c/u invests tons of money to ensure that your transactions are safe and secure. I have been doing this for over 7 years, only problem I had was Wakeboarding magazine didn't know how to accept my payment. ($20). We pay everything and everyone with it with no problems. (OK my wife is the manager of my financial institution...but still would trust it.)

Leroy
06-02-2007, 01:34 AM
I think I could do the same, but my bank would not allow payment from my on line account.

The Add Payee request with nickname Delaware Pol, which was submitted on 03/13/2007, has been deleted due to a discrepancy with the following information:
The information submitted is for a "prohibited payee". Our payment policy excludes payments to government entities for the purpose of paying taxes, child support, fines, fees or other court appointed payments, collection agencies and payees outside the United States. Payments to government entities for utility services such as water and sewer are permitted. If this payee is associated with utility services, please submit a new payee request and indicate the payee type in the nickname or payee name (for example: City of Denver-Water). The payee and any future payments will not be processed.
Note: Any payments already submitted for this deleted link have been processed but any future payments will fail. Please make appropriate changes to the payee information before submitting the next payment, to avoid future payment rejections. If the payee is not eligible for resubmission because it is considered to be excluded or ineligible, please do not submit new payee information or initiate additional payments.

You can pay Traffic Citations on line in FL..............Check out the website below:

http://www.myfloridacounty.com/services/pay_traffic_citation_intro.shtml

Leroy
06-02-2007, 01:39 AM
The only problem I have is that I have multiple American Express cards and Discover cards and pay the wrong account sometimes. Costco Amex, business AMex, and Amex that I can use for business expenses that go directly to the company.

Also did the same when we moved, kept paying the gas bill and received shut off notice. Turned out the account number changed and I had an excrow build up in my old account!

You really have to check the bill account # to the payment account #

bigmac
06-02-2007, 08:04 AM
I know nothing about bills. I haven't paid a bill in 20 years. I'd have to ask my wife, but it appears to me that she writes a lot of checks, so that would be my guess.

sten76
06-02-2007, 08:27 AM
Every bill is paid online. NetBank & E-Trade Bank are the only way to go. You can get 5% return on a standard savings account from E-Trade.

I even pay traffic tickets, parking tickets, barber, you name it I send an online check to them or we do direct debit, (mortgage & car)

When have been banking with NetBank for over 5 years, and I am still on check # 1008 and we started with #1001.

Workin' 4 Toys
06-02-2007, 04:41 PM
I agree with shepherd, and I am in the same boat as bigmac....

phecksel
06-02-2007, 10:32 PM
Only pay by check.

Ever read the online agreement? Couple I've looked at ask for permission to automatically withdraw from your account in case you "forget" payment.

I learned an extremely valuable lesson a couple of years ago. Cingular made an error on my account and charged me almost 1,000 for one months service. Took several months to resolve, but I kept my $1k while the dispute was going on. Auto payment, and I would have been screwed.

Maristar210
06-02-2007, 10:42 PM
You should have sued them