PDA

View Full Version : woo hoo barefootin

Kaser
06-01-2007, 09:32 AM
Did my first toe hold and no hands today and held it!! YEAH!

plus, no falls :) great 6a.m. run :)

sizzler
06-01-2007, 09:37 AM
fantastic......but....

we need pictures......

WTRSK1R
06-01-2007, 09:47 AM
I am just starting out as a Barefooter, and am using a step off ski. I can't wait until I can succesfully do a deepwater start. Congrats on the toe hold. The amount of practice that must take is got to be high. I bet there were a lot of painful lessons along the way. Enjoy!

chudson
06-01-2007, 10:06 AM
Did my first toe hold and no hands today and held it!! YEAH!

plus, no falls :) great 6a.m. run :)

Way to go Bud, and a 6am run. I am so jealous!!! Keep up the good work!!!

I am just starting out as a Barefooter, and am using a step off ski. I can't wait until I can succesfully do a deepwater start. Congrats on the toe hold. The amount of practice that must take is got to be high. I bet there were a lot of painful lessons along the way. Enjoy!

Steppin off the ski "Old School" and I love it, I try to drill into my kids that that's the way to learn first then you can foot behind any boat that'll pull you fast enuff. Keep up the good work!!! And beautiful boat by the way!!!

barefoot
06-01-2007, 10:08 AM
Thumb up! We've got another one in the club! Congrats!

Kaser
06-01-2007, 03:55 PM
Actually, it wasn't that hard. I've been watching all those instructional videos from lane bowers on you tube and just practicing on dry land, I nailed it my third or fourth try. the first few times I got my foot in the strap, I just couldn't bring myself to letting go of the handle. :P

I tried a backwords deepwater start... soon as i pulled my legs off the rope they kinda just dove straight into the water and I went flippin away :P

atlfootr
06-01-2007, 05:31 PM
fantastic......but .... we need picturesYes'n deedie, after all see'n is believing :D

03 35th Anniversary
06-01-2007, 05:58 PM
Actually, it wasn't that hard. I've been watching all those instructional videos from lane bowers on you tube and just practicing on dry land, I nailed it my third or fourth try. the first few times I got my foot in the strap, I just couldn't bring myself to letting go of the handle. :P

I tried a backwords deepwater start... soon as i pulled my legs off the rope they kinda just dove straight into the water and I went flippin away :P

Where do you get good instructional DVD/Videos? That is right up my ally....

6:00 am Barefoot run in Michigan!!!

Danimal
06-01-2007, 06:18 PM

This is the North - we don't have the luxury of waiting for good weather and good water. We ski when there is no ice. We actually skied and barefooted on new years eve this year. Water temp = 34, air temp = 51 with a nice fog roiling over the water. Fun stuff:confused:

Kaser
06-01-2007, 09:42 PM
Where do you get good instructional DVD/Videos? That is right up my ally....

I baught Lane "Dawg" Bowers' 2 hour instructional video

going back out tomorrow morning i might have pics by then! :P

Kaser
06-05-2007, 03:43 PM
I'll get pics up my next time out. i stilllll havn't made it out since this post.

either raining, or no spotters show up. (I lined 4 different spotters up for yesterday morning, not one showed up :( )

meanwhile.. here's a pic of me when i was 4 :)

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/9639/footin1ks0.jpg

chudson
06-05-2007, 04:05 PM
Another good website to watch so watch some good footin videos!!!

http://www.barefootcentral.com/

Kaser
06-05-2007, 04:17 PM
yeah. I've seen all the videos :) love them all.

Kaser
06-11-2007, 01:41 AM
okay well it had been a week since I had done the toe hold, finally got back out on the water yesterday and just had to give it a shot. Stuck the toe holds every try...

woohoo!!! Got a video too... i'll grab some still frames from it. but it's official. I got the coolest "look ma, no hands" trick learned. finally :)