PDA

View Full Version : New wakeboarder

Cary K.
05-30-2007, 10:34 PM
Here is a terrible quality video of my 5 year old yesteray on his first day wakeboarding: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0XbVW9IvnM

We went out again tonight and he got up almost every single time. Even the few times he didn't he knew what he did wrong. He even was more comfortable, not leaning over, knees rolled forward and butt lower. By the end of the night he was riding one handed, waving, touching the water, and even did 5-6 90 degree butterslides on purpose. If he keeps this up he might be better than me before his 6th birthday.

One proud Papa !!!

Monte
05-30-2007, 10:46 PM
Here is a terrible quality video of my 5 year old yesteray on his first day wakeboarding: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0XbVW9IvnM

We went out again tonight and he got up almost every single time. Even the few times he didn't he knew what he did wrong. He even was more comfortable, not leaning over, knees rolled forward and butt lower. By the end of the night he was riding one handed, waving, touching the water, and even did 5-6 90 degree butterslides on purpose. If he keeps this up he might be better than me before his 6th birthday.

One proud Papa !!!

Tell the boy I said good job.. Keep up the good work Cary... Keep us posted on his progress:cool:

Jesus_Freak
05-31-2007, 12:09 AM
One proud Papa !!!

Very cool. Now go get that boy a life vest that fits. 8p

Leroy
05-31-2007, 12:21 AM
Great job! Incredible for a 5 year old!

Thrall
05-31-2007, 08:31 AM
That's awesome. My boy's 4 this year and wants to do it. Told him he has to learn how to swim first. He's taking swimming lessons startin' next week.

Roonie's
05-31-2007, 09:00 AM
That's awesome. My boy's 4 this year and wants to do it. Told him he has to learn how to swim first. He's taking swimming lessons startin' next week.

Haha same here. My boy is 4 going on 5 in Oct and he needs to learn how to swim first too. He wants to try it though.

Yellow X9
05-31-2007, 09:15 AM
Just taught my 6 & 8 yr old last week aswell. +2 on a jacket that fits

KnoxX2
05-31-2007, 11:55 AM
Congrats! I know how you feel I tought my son when he was 4(just before he turned 5) and now he is 7 and did his first little jump this past weekend. I must say that it's cool when your son wants to wakeboard just as bad as you do..............

hester
05-31-2007, 01:21 PM
Cary K., what board/boot setup do you have him riding? My son is 4.5 and ready to go as soon as I can get him equiped.

KnoxX2
05-31-2007, 01:23 PM
Hester I have my son riding a Hyperlite 119 with XS Spin bindings

hester
05-31-2007, 02:23 PM
KnoxX2, I like that board but leaning towards the 109 because of my sons weight. It's been hard to find little boards.

fintek9
05-31-2007, 03:37 PM
I love it when I see this stuff, I can see the ol popas smile reflecting
off the trees in the background......I can't wait to show my nephew
this one!!! he's 23 and been playing crankbait with him all last year!!!

Cary K.
05-31-2007, 10:52 PM
Thanks everybody, I am proud beyond words. And to top it off my Dad rode with us that day, so 3 generations riding the same afternoon made it even better.

I knew someone would bring up the jacket, lol !!! He is too big for a youth L, and too small for an adult S. We have been jacket hunting/trying on for the last several months. Any suggestions seriously? (it bugs the $hit out of me too !!!)

SkiDog
06-01-2007, 09:40 AM
Here's a pic of a friends kid who is 8. This is his VERY first time on a wakeboard! He even got up on his first try.