PDA

View Full Version : SuperBowl halftime show

Bobby
02-06-2005, 11:00 PM
I thought it was nice to see that the SuperBowl committee went with some musical talent this year and didn't have MTV bring in a bunch of worthless hacks. What'd you guys think?

Leroy
02-06-2005, 11:31 PM
Right on Bobby; Paul was great and I'll bet he didn't lip sync anything. Music was great and he kept pulling out another and another great song. The funny thing is teenagers are actually listening to that era and later again so my oldest son has CD's with all of his songs on!

It's too easy to rang about how I hope this wakes up the network execs about what we want.

BriEOD
02-07-2005, 06:39 AM
I really enjoyed the salute to the military and the service schools doing the National Anthem. Also, bringing out those vets was a nice touch. It was very moving to see those HEROs get that kind of a welcome.

Professor
02-07-2005, 07:18 AM
I really enjoyed the salute to the military and the service schools doing the National Anthem. Also, bringing out those vets was a nice touch. It was very moving to see those HEROs get that kind of a welcome.
EXCELLENT - I agree!

Vern Swieringa
02-07-2005, 07:59 AM
This year's halftime show had some class :headbang: . Last year's show was trashy IMO :( .

H20skeefreek
02-07-2005, 08:11 AM
I thought it was great. The SuperBowl is a family event, and it's nice that it was presented as such this year, I hope they keep it up in years to come.

I'm glad there were no "wardrobe malfunctions" this year. I love to hear Paul's music, but wouldn't want to see his sixty-something "manboobs".

bradamerry
02-07-2005, 08:19 AM
I enjoyed halftime and most of the commericals. Good year for the game as well!

AirJunky
02-07-2005, 10:28 AM
While Paul was great, and always is.... it seemed like it would have been a band that was more like the beginning of the program...... patriotic American.

tex
02-07-2005, 10:35 AM
I love the Beatles but thought Paul sounded worn out. I'll take a tired Paul over Justin, Britany, and all the other spares that they usually roll out. They usually trick it up too much.

mitch
02-07-2005, 11:29 AM
Another breast would not have been such a bad thing. :purplaugh

bcampbe7
02-07-2005, 11:46 AM
The National Anthem was the best Superbowl Anthem I have ever heard. Very good IMHO.

dmac
02-07-2005, 11:50 AM
The National Anthem was the best Superbowl Anthem I have ever heard. Very good IMHO.
I'll second that and one of my favorite commercials was the one with the troops walking through the airport and everyone starts clapping. That was great.

east tx skier
02-07-2005, 01:34 PM
It's Paul, enough said. We will never see the likes of the Beatles again. I didn't think he sounded worn out at all. It's live, and isn't going to sound like the record (at least not with Paul). I hated to see Hey Jude get cut in half though. Should've gone with something shorter and just left it for a real concert.

If he returns to Texas this year, I will not be stupid and miss the show like I did in 2003.

pdoppenheim
02-07-2005, 02:00 PM
I should have known that the M/Cers here would have taste and class. Yes, this was a great halftime show. It shows what you can do with real talent.

I was supprised that he had written the music for a motion picture. (Live and Let Die) I asked my wife who wrote it. She said he did. She went on to say that McCartney has already written enough songs so that he will never have to play anybody else's music. That's not counting the ongoing process he's involved in.

I think the show pointed out that when you have real talent, you don't need to make up for a lack of it with inappropriate behavior.

Frankly, I wasn't bothered by the breast as much as by the words to the song which promoted rape and violence toward women. I like the heros in our sport a lot better.

Hemey5
02-07-2005, 02:34 PM
Was one of the better ones I've seen in a while.
Comercials were a little weak. Only a couple that were worth remembering
or would like to see again.

Hemey