PDA

View Full Version : Wake Board School in Wisconsin

boatdad
05-30-2007, 05:52 PM
I have my son enrolled in the Gordy Bubolz wakeboard school next month. Is anyone out there attended the school and give me some feedback.

vogelm1
05-30-2007, 08:48 PM
I went last year and would give it extremely high marks. Gordy and his other instructors are real down to earth guys, very professional, yet they make it fun. I'd send my kids there and recommend anyone else to as well. I learned a lot and they gave me stuff to work on the rest of summer so I kept improving. At the start of the day, Gordy watched me ride for about 15 minutes and then evaluated what we had to work on and tweak first - it's alot of one-on-one when it's your turn to ride. I would caution anyone though, don't expect to go in as a beginner and be doing inverts when you leave. It just doesn't happen that quick - although he has all the gear there to make it so (trampolines, high end wakeboard boats, and video analysis). He'll focus on the basics and get you dialed there first, which make it easier to progress. If you're already at that stage, his crew has the talent to take it to the next level. You get plenty of riding in...they were pushing me to take one last set at the end of the day and just couldn't - too tired. Last year he had a brand new MasterCraft X-2 and X-Star that we rode behind, as well as some weighted Hydrodynes. I believe this year he will have Nautiques.

If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me. There's another guy on here that went for a week last year too that would probably give you his opinion - do a search for Ski*MC and you should be able to find him.

boatdad
05-31-2007, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the feedback. My son is going to have a blast.

vogelm1
05-31-2007, 10:29 AM
No doubt he will have fun and learn alot. It is a true camp in that Gordy and crew works you over good and you'll be sore each morning when you wake up.