PDA

View Full Version : '06 x-30, need maint schedule help.

Bigger IS Better
05-30-2007, 05:07 PM
just bught an '06 x-30 with 43 hours on it about 3-4 months ago. Took it in at 70 for the "50 mile service" which cost me $250 at the dealer. it now has 96 hours and I am suppossed to take it back at 120 hours for the "100 mile service" which I was being told runs about $750. At this schedule that is $1000 in basic maint every 100 hours which seems crazy to me. I am very mechanically inclined and have decided that I am going to do as much of the maint myself instead of forking out big big $$$. Can anybody direct me to or have a detailed maint checklist for these boats? Also, any maint tips that anybody could pass on?

Thanks !!!

Chicago190
05-30-2007, 05:53 PM
http://www.mastercraft.com/manuals/2006OwnersManual.pdf

Maintenance schedule begins on page 39

Doug G
05-30-2007, 06:35 PM
Here is the link to the Indmar manual. You will note differences between Indmar and MC's recommendations. For example plugs with Indmar are 300 Hours and MC is at 100 hours. But also notice both say "annually".

Bottom line IHMO MC wants a good owner's experience and recommends on the over maintain side of things rather than more realistic intervals in some areas. There are some items that need to be religiously maintained by the schedule (Oil changes, impellers, flame arrester, lubrications and the like) and some things that require some common mechanical sense such as plugs, cap and rotor etc... I am filing the trans oil change under the second category as well. (Haven't seen alot of conversation about that one)

You will find some good how to information in the FAQ and just about any item you want to get specific on you will find a previous thread that probably beats it to death and mixes some religious opinions with good facts.

There are others on here that know much more than I about these things and I am sure will chime in.

FWIW check what the dealer is including for the price versus the schedule and see what else you are getting. If you want to do some work yourself there are definately lots of items you can do to trim the cash outlay.

http://www.indmar.com/About/ContactIndmar/Manual_2003_Presentweb.pdf