PDA

View Full Version : New MC Wakesurfing boat??

ripcurl74
05-30-2007, 01:16 PM
Has anyone heard of this? I've heard a few rumours that MC is coming out with one in the near future. Would be interesting to see what kind of hull it's based on and how they would tweak it......

Farmer Ted
05-30-2007, 01:17 PM
Has anyone heard of this? I've heard a few rumours that MC is coming out with one in the near future. Would be interesting to see what kind of hull it's based on and how they would tweak it......

I saw something when I took the factory tour, don't know if I'm supposed to say anything

but it looked like a CSX based on the 280 hull..............

MYMC
05-30-2007, 01:21 PM
I saw something when I took the factory tour, don't know if I'm supposed to say anything

but it looked like a CSX based on the 280 hull..............
That would be the new larger CSX one of two new models for 2008.

Farmer Ted
05-30-2007, 01:25 PM

what's the other model?

Ryan
05-30-2007, 01:36 PM

Since your don't seem inclined to tell us what the other model is, can you at least tell us what length the other boat is? Even if it's in terms of you know, "The new boat is 6' shorter than the new CSX"???

ripcurl74
05-30-2007, 01:49 PM
So how is it geared towards wakesurfing if it's just another version of a CSX? Never been behind one, but as far as I can tell the wake isn't any bigger than the x1, x2, xstar wakes....wouldn't that be one of the main things to concentrate on when building a boat specific to that sport? Just curious?

Ryan
05-30-2007, 02:08 PM
So how is it geared towards wakesurfing if it's just another version of a CSX? Never been behind one, but as far as I can tell the wake isn't any bigger than the x1, x2, xstar wakes....wouldn't that be one of the main things to concentrate on when building a boat specific to that sport? Just curious?

I don't think MYMC ever said the bigger CSX was geared specifically toward surfing. He was just confirming what Farmer saw.

MYMC
05-30-2007, 04:21 PM
Since your don't seem inclined to tell us what the other model is, can you at least tell us what length the other boat is? Even if it's in terms of you know, "The new boat is 6' shorter than the new CSX"???
Well I could just spit it out but what fun would that be? Longer than the 215/X15 and shorter than the 245/X45...how's that?

MYMC
05-30-2007, 04:29 PM
Here is some perspective for you...in the world of "tow boats" skiing is considered a small market segment, so think about what "wake surfing" is market segment wise. To build a hull specific to just that aspect would be cost prohibitive unless you want to raise the prices across the line to substantiate the costs. At this point most agree that raising prices is not what this industry needs.

Lastly, as to the wake of the CSX...you ought to try it before passing judgment. At "Spring Madness" the CSX I had in the water pulled Maeghan for a "demo" run. With only 4 people in the boat she was able to land EVERY trick she can throw including switch crow mobe and tantrum to blind...WITH NO BALLAST. For those that even think the walk around style boat works for them I highly recommend taking one on a test drive/ride…I doubt you’ll be disappointed. BTW, the CSX is also the best surf wake we build.

ski_king
05-30-2007, 04:29 PM
Well I could just spit it out but what fun would that be? Longer than the 215/X15 and shorter than the 245/X45...how's that?
Sounds like a 230/X30 to me.

Ryan
05-30-2007, 04:36 PM

Thanks for the teaser. My wheels are spinnin'.

So much for my new 21' DD hopes :rolleyes: (knowing full well it wouldn't make for a good $ strategy). Just dreading crossing another wakesurf wake in my back breaker.

sand2snow22
05-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Sounds like a 230/X30 to me.

Or X-Star, isn't the X-Star 23' long?

MYMC
05-30-2007, 04:54 PM
Or X-Star, isn't the X-Star 23' long?
22'3" for the X-Star