PDA

View Full Version : Emerging issue w/ my LTR or paranoid?

MIMC
05-30-2007, 11:46 AM
I have a 2000 PS195 w/ the LTR and 240 hours. I've noticed lately (even last season) that when putting the boat in forward gear that I get a rattle, chug, vibration type of noise/feel from the driveline/prop. Almost feels like there is too much of a drop in engine rpm once it is put in gear and the engine wants to stall from the load? It only does it for a second or two until RPM's are back up. Engine runs great, pulls hard, great oil psi, temp, etc - only does this when putting in gear. Anyone else experience this?:confused: Maybe it's just me but it seems like it is getting worse with every season. Am I being paranoid?:eek: Is this a normal operating charachtersistic? I would appreciate any feedback! Thanks!

etakk7
05-30-2007, 12:09 PM
i know very little about engines and this may not even qualify for a direct drive - but I know that V-drives of the same year are running (or changing over to) engine oil in the transmission instead of transmission fluid to quite down the noise. Something to think about, although it may not apply

MIMC
05-30-2007, 01:25 PM
etakk7 - Thanks for the response! I'm familiar with changing the fluids for trans noise, this is more of a shudder than anything. Thanks again -

XPC Sealman
05-30-2007, 03:07 PM
Have you tried to turn your prop when the boat is on the trailer? It should spin freely with one hand and very little effort. If it is difficult to turn it could possibly be your strut bushings.

ncskier
07-05-2007, 02:24 PM
Have you switched to 15W40 as MC has recommended in the tranny or are you still running ATF?

kah68
07-09-2007, 10:22 AM
I get the same noise as well, usually when leaving the dock in gear at idle. I can live with it if it's not doing damage, but I am thinking it's the trans and not the motor. Powerslot aka Velvet drive, 1.52:1.