PDA

View Full Version : '05 X-star extra ballast question

Jerseydave
05-29-2007, 09:56 PM
Last weekend I had an extra 400-500# fat sac in the windshield walkway. Just wondering if anyone has tried adding one or two sacs anywhere for a bigger/better wake? Not looking to buy a 4-bag system, just adding some weight is enough for my crew. (stock is enough for me)

WESSTAR
05-29-2007, 10:51 PM
I have added 2 400lbs sacs to my 06 star 1 across the back in front of the rear seat and 1 in the bow just in front of the air-deflector. It def makes the wake bigger not a lot but it really makes it firmer. I am like you stock is enough for me and the Mrs.

WESSTAR
05-29-2007, 10:51 PM
also eats up more fuel.

dustyb
05-30-2007, 09:35 AM
two - 400 pounds in back storage works great.

skeeler
05-30-2007, 09:59 AM
Here is the way to roll in the X-Star; Factory Ballast, 450lbs sac in each rear storage, 750lbs sac in the walkway up front, 250lbs sacs on each side of the bow. Congratulations, you got yourself a pro sized wake!

MYMC
05-30-2007, 10:49 AM
If you are looking to pro weight an X-Star here is how it is done: Remember the fuel tank should be full and never allow it to drop below 3/4 full.
1) Fill only the KGB (center tank) and leave the rear tanks empty.
2) Place 100lbs of lead against the transom in the left and right trunks
3) Fill one 750lbs Pro-X sac in each trunk
4) Fill one 370lbs Pro-X sac under each front seat (bow seating)
5) take 800lbs of lead and place it under the seats in the cockpit, make sure to offset driver weight. You may also need to place some of the lead in the very bow cooler so the boat will plane off.

Remember you are FAR exceeding the rating of the boat! If there is more than one person in the boat and the fuel tank is full you'll need a small prop and a big block to get this rolling.

ecelis
06-01-2007, 11:50 AM
What is the idea behind leaving the standard tanks empty in the back ?

MYMC
06-01-2007, 02:31 PM
What is the idea behind leaving the standard tanks empty in the back ?
They are built into the boat too far forward making the wake round out instead of adding more peak and lip. They were mounted there due to the "vent" in the hull and the inability to empty the tank with the vent in the way.

PendO
06-01-2007, 03:21 PM
If you are looking to pro weight an X-Star here is how it is done: Remember the fuel tank should be full and never allow it to drop below 3/4 full.
1) Fill only the KGB (center tank) and leave the rear tanks empty.
2) Place 100lbs of lead against the transom in the left and right trunks
3) Fill one 750lbs Pro-X sac in each trunk
4) Fill one 370lbs Pro-X sac under each front seat (bow seating)
5) take 800lbs of lead and place it under the seats in the cockpit, make sure to offset driver weight. You may also need to place some of the lead in the very bow cooler so the boat will plane off.

Remember you are FAR exceeding the rating of the boat! If there is more than one person in the boat and the fuel tank is full you'll need a small prop and a big block to get this rolling.

No No, my dealer told me the MCX was adequate:) Happy Friday to you Mike ... I'm going to pass this along to my brother ... but there is no way in hell I'm getting behind any boat with a wake that big ... that would be a scarrrrrrry wake just from the observer seat:)

6ballsisall
06-01-2007, 04:06 PM
I can tell you an 07' Xstar w/ 10+ people in it + 3,500lbs of ballast makes an unbelievably scary wakesurfing wake. Literally, when you fell you better take a BIG breath because that wake is pushing you FAR underneath before you come back up!! The wake is roughly at chest/shoulder height and I am 6'

Oh.....and the LY6 struggled but it did get it up on plane. I think it had an aftermarket prop on it though.