PDA

View Full Version : Thank you to my wife

PendO
05-29-2007, 04:38 PM
So, yesterday was the earliest I have ever been able to put a boat on a lift at the cabin ... thanks to an early spring melt they must be raising the water level a bit early this year, as last year it was mid june before I could get it onto the lift ... needless to say my wife is 8 1/2 months pregnant and she helped me (allowed me) to take the boat up to the cabin on a rainy 50 degree day, and then proceeded to help me put the cover on the lift cannopy - which is not easy if you have tried to do it with a small boat and a dock on only one side

PendO
05-29-2007, 04:39 PM
we got the cover up w/o any rips or tears :)

PendO
05-29-2007, 04:41 PM
oh, you like the broken dock ... yeah, the header on the outside was rotten and the dock broke with my dad and I both standing on the very end (think teeter-totter) ... luckily the water was about 3' deep so we only fell 12' down to a soft landing ... kinda hard to put my boat on my lift until we get a dock built:)

chudson
05-29-2007, 04:57 PM
Congratulations great gal, sounds like a keeper!!!

pram
05-29-2007, 04:58 PM
Congrats on getting the boat on the lift. 12' :eek: hope that you are OK.

Kudos to your wife on lending a helping hand. A good woman is a treasure.

6ballsisall
05-29-2007, 05:01 PM
Casey, your wife rules. Maybe I can get her on the phone w/ my wife about the whole boating while prego thing. ;)

PendO
05-29-2007, 05:05 PM
Congrats on getting the boat on the lift. 12' :eek: hope that you are OK.

Kudos to your wife on lending a helping hand. A good woman is a treasure.

yeah paul, we both had our waders on (5 weeks ago) as we were doing some work on the lift ... the water was not at all warm 5 weeks ago, no dry clothes, but thankfully the water was deep enough that we didn't get hurt ... now if we had been doing the project in winter when it should have been done, that woulda' sucked ... so I guess there is a lesson in waiting until the last minute, it may help to break your fall:)

here is a pic the weekend before the dock broke:)

pram
05-29-2007, 05:05 PM
Casey, your wife rules. Maybe I can get her on the phone w/ my wife about the whole boating while prego thing. ;)

Jeff, once it gets closer to the due date bouncing in a boat is supposed to induce labour, maybe you can tell her that it is practice ;) for the big day

PendO
05-29-2007, 05:07 PM

Thanks Jeff, yeah, I got lucky with Heather putting up with some of my BS

Just head on up this way after your #2 is born, spend a weekend up here in N. Idaho and see if that helps:) (or I can just take a buch of prego boating pics over the next two weeks ... I think our daughter will be 4 days old when she goes for her first ride

Anyway, Heather is in the final stages of pregnancy (she calls it "nesting") where she is real task oriented ... no way in hell would she have been out in the boat a month ago (or would I have dared asked - ya-know:))

PendO
05-29-2007, 05:09 PM
this pic may make you dizzy ... but we had to hydrosink two 3" X 16' steel tubes into the ground to act as footings/pylings for the lift ... used a 150gpm pump (the community fire pump) and drove the tubes into the ground a good 10'

pram
05-29-2007, 05:15 PM
Casey that is one long way down to fall, Good thing the water was in the liquid form and not the solid. Glad to hear that you and your Dad never got hurt. I guess when the dock started to make cracking noises you didn't start to do a swan dive or anything:D

Is Pend Oreille almost fully up now? My parents are waiting to put their new boat in at Bayview. Have to get the crane moved to the other end of the docks I guess where the boat is on stilts.

PendO
05-29-2007, 05:23 PM
Casey that is one long way down to fall, Good thing the water was in the liquid form and not the solid. Glad to hear that you and your Dad never got hurt. I guess when the dock started to make cracking noises you didn't start to do a swan dive or anything:D

Is Pend Oreille almost fully up now? My parents are waiting to put their new boat in at Bayview. Have to get the crane moved to the other end of the docks I guess where the boat is on stilts.

water level info is here - for Hope, id ... full pool is 2062.0-2062.5 IIRC

http://www.nwd-wc.usace.army.mil/nws/hh/basins/data.html?pnd+hopi

so it looks like the water at bayview will come up another 2' and down by us (Albeni Falls) ... it will come up about 2.5'-3'

http://www.nwd-wc.usace.army.mil/nws/hh/basins/pend.html

Paul - here is the main link for the lake/dam http://www.nws.usace.army.mil/PublicMenu/Menu.cfm?sitename=albeni&pagename=Water_Management

trickskier
05-29-2007, 08:14 PM
Wives like yours are few and far between.............I'm GLAD I have one like yours!!! Congratulations on the one on the way!!! :D

BearX1
05-29-2007, 08:44 PM
Hey Casey, the setup looks great, and glad to hear the pier installation was successful. Best of luck to you and Momma for a successful delivery. . . we're 11 weeks behind you.

Cheers, my friend.

Roonie's
05-30-2007, 10:43 AM
Looks good......

My wife and I went out on rough water on Priest Lake while she was pregnant and it started pre-term labor. She had to go to the hospital and have it stopped.

tex
05-30-2007, 10:49 AM
Looks good......

My wife and I went out on rough water on Priest Lake while she was pregnant and it started pre-term labor. She had to go to the hospital and have it stopped.
Must have been the bat turns!

atlfootr
05-30-2007, 12:02 PM
Wives like yours are few and far between.............I'm GLAD I have one like yours!!!Finally, a thread devoted to our wives ...
WE MUST NOT :noface: FORGET OUR LADIES !!!!! :love:If it weren't for mine, :steering: I wouldn't be able to foot.
She's truely a blessing, even w/ her recently swollen hand (injury substained from foot'n)

occurred the other day during a trick run @ 40.

PendO
05-30-2007, 02:00 PM
Finally, a thread devoted to our wives ...
WE MUST NOT :noface: FORGET OUR LADIES !!!!! :love:If it weren't for mine, :steering: I wouldn't be able to foot.
She's truely a blessing, even w/ her recently swollen hand (injury substained from foot'n)

occurred the other day during a trick run @ 40.

Wow! I'll hope for a speedy recovery for her ... how about some footin' pics?

atlfootr
06-03-2007, 11:02 AM
Wow!
I'll hope for a speedy recovery for her ... how about some footin' pics?Will do, presently at the moment its' way to windy to be out there foot'n.
I'll see if I can find some past pic's to post for ya's .... thanks for your well wishes.

JohnnyB
06-03-2007, 11:13 AM
we got the cover up w/o any rips or tears :)

Nice boat Pendo...

JohnnyB
06-03-2007, 11:17 AM
I may be somewhat biased but that's a damn nice color too....

tex
06-03-2007, 11:32 AM
Hey, that's my boat!

6ballsisall
06-03-2007, 03:43 PM
Casey and to think I was thinking about buying that boat off you until you posted about eating chips and letting your kids feet on the seats!! 8p

j/k. Blue is probably one of my favorite colors for the 197.

atlfootr
06-03-2007, 06:26 PM
Nice boat Pendo...Hey Pendo, what kinda of cover do you have for that craft, the Florida sun's unforgiving on paint job's down here :rant:
This week, I'm taking my in for a skirt to be added on :D

JohnnyB
06-03-2007, 07:19 PM
Hey Pendo, what kinda of cover do you have for that craft, the Florida sun's unforgiving on paint job's down here :rant:

It takes a manly boat to be comfortable in a skirt ??!?! :confused:

PendO
06-04-2007, 12:56 PM
Hey Pendo, what kinda of cover do you have for that craft, the Florida sun's unforgiving on paint job's down here :rant:

I'll look at the material lable and let you know ... it is a Hewitt lift/cover setup ... and I got kicked off the lift last night and I am now on the uncovered shorestation ... looking for a cover:)