PDA

View Full Version : My weekend cut short

River Rat
05-29-2007, 04:06 PM
Here are a couple pictures of the Guadalupe river in central TX. We rode the river on tubes on Saturday, rafts on Sunday and when we got back to camp this is what we found. :eek3: Our trailer was hi and dry but the folks in the lower tent area werenít so lucky. When we got off the river we were trashed, all I was expecting to do was stumble back to my trailer and fall into a lawn chair. As soon as I stepped off the bus we were met by the local PD and they said we had to pack up and get off the river now, It took 3 hrs to get packed and get out of the flood zone. I donít think anyone got hurt but some folks lost a lot.

River Rat
05-29-2007, 04:08 PM
We have video of the mustang floating down river

sanjuan23
Which Camp was that on the Guadalupe?

River Rat

River Rat
05-29-2007, 04:09 PM
Rockin R.....

sanjuan23
05-29-2007, 04:11 PM
We used to have a place just about 5 miles upriver from Gruene just a few miles south of Waco Falls. Rafted the river on year when a normal full trip took 8 hours that particular trip took about 3.

Harvey
05-29-2007, 04:13 PM
Can anyone say rafting? A gentle tube float turns into a roaring rapid.

Ric
05-29-2007, 04:16 PM
We used to have a place just about 5 miles upriver from Gruene just a few miles south of Waco Falls. Rafted the river on year when a normal full trip took 8 hours that particular trip took about 3. I did that too. Jerry's would rent you a raft only if a guide went alongwith... we scared the helloutta that poor guy. we "didn't respect the river" . I offered for him to get out at the point where we ported the raft around that road, but he pressed on with us worthy salts!

sanjuan23
05-29-2007, 04:19 PM
I did that too. Jerry's would rent you a raft only if a guide went alongwith... we scared the helloutta that poor guy. we "didn't respect the river" . I offered for him to get out at the point where we ported the raft around that road, but he pressed on with us worthy salts!

Those guides freaking loved it when we booked a trip. We would make it to the house just about time the brisket was ready to come off of the smoker plus all the cold beverages they wanted. Too many times we witnessed idiots it tubes at the top of trees wondering how the hell they got there. The river always used to bring out the best of society on Holiday weekends.

Ric
05-29-2007, 04:25 PM
For the record, I was very gentlemanly and reserved when I offered for the guide/expendable resource to stay behind and save himself.

I think it was only four words I had to use ;)

milkmania
06-28-2007, 01:06 PM
blast from the past.........

................http://www.rejectsworld.co.uk/forum/images/smiles/14544.gif.................................bump