PDA

View Full Version : ECU is Flashing

rjacquet
05-29-2007, 12:39 PM
On Saturday morning, we were heading out for a wakeboard run and in the middle of the lake, it sounded like something in the water hit my boat and the engine made a big screeching noise. I shut down immediately. We searched under the boat and could not find any damage. After that, boat seemed to run fine ..... but then my guages went dead and ECU was flashing on my Spedo screen - Mastercraft x2 2005. Anyone have any ideas? Boat ran ok for the rest of the day. It will take two weeks for my dealer to look at it. :(

rstitson
05-29-2007, 06:53 PM
new x-15 the ecu has stalled twice in 3 weeks. Had to restart motor to get gages working. The original boat we demoed lost it's ecu the first time out. Required a new board install..... Seems like an ongoing issue.

rodltg2
05-29-2007, 06:58 PM
oh no :noface:

rjacquet
05-29-2007, 11:25 PM
Yes, I was able to reset it as well when I restarted. I have an appointment for the dealer to look at it in a week and will let you know what they tell me

victorff
05-29-2007, 11:40 PM
Who was driving you or Jeff?!!!!!!

rjacquet
06-06-2007, 06:49 PM
Hey Vic,
Jeff was not driving this time, he is off the hook. But he has been known to wear jeans on the boat and bring glass bottles of salsa that he never eats.

rjacquet
06-13-2007, 12:49 PM
Just got back from Copes on the boat - they could not find any issue or error code in the computer. They claim it is from using low octane gas which causes a temporary power loss. This causes the computer to shut down - instruments go dead. When you restart - then it is ok. Not sure if I believe them, but I have been filling up at the marina.

:confused:

uawaterskier
06-13-2007, 12:57 PM
our 07 prostar had to have the computer replaced with 20 hours

JimN
06-13-2007, 01:07 PM
Low octane causing a power loss? That's something that should have been taken care of in the design/testing phase (easy to add capacitance to the power supply to eliminate voltage fluctuations). Low octane may cause knock and in turn, timing retard but power loss? No. I don't buy that. A bad ground, maybe. Loose connection, maybe. Water in the gas, probably. Old gas, maybe. They need to take a fuel sample.

rstitson
06-13-2007, 06:26 PM
That doesn't sound right to me, willing to bet they can't justify a board replacement until if fails outright. Regular gas is the recommended octane. I think it is likely that there is a fairly high percentage of board failures and possibley bugs in the code set. The first failure I had was while changing display types fairly rapidly. Just recently on the 10/20 hour check the mechanics had what they though were invalid temperature read outs. The problem went away but they didn't tell me about it. The first time I put it in the water it overheated shortly after leaving dock. There first inclination was bad sensors/computer but they ended up just changing impellar and thermostat. Hope that is it, but it is just as likely that it is the easy way out to not change the board.