PDA

View Full Version : Need Help on PS197 Cover

pflcjl
05-28-2007, 11:48 PM
I just purchased a PS197 with a full tower. I have a custom mastercraft cover that is custom fit for the tower, etc. It also has the twin cinch straps at the rear to tighten the cover.

The question is that a couple of aluminum poles came with the cover with plastic tops and straps, etc...Pretty confusing. Can anyone offer some help on how these aluminum poles are set up properly to avoid rain water sag in the cover...Thanks....

jkski
05-29-2007, 11:12 AM
Based on your description, it sounds like you have the factory cover, which should have the word MasterCraft across the winshield area of the cover.
So, if this is correct, then you should have 3 poles, which are connected with a strap from pole top to pole top. The shortest of these poles wil stand in the bow with a strap coming of either side which should loop around your front grab railto steady it. The second pole (the tallest) will stand just in front of your ski pylon, and the third pole will stand mid way between the rear of the motor box and the front of the rear seat. The back pole, just like the front one, will have 2 straps coming off of it which need to be attached to either the rear cleats, the rear grab handles (for 2005 and newer models) or to the small loops under the rear seat. Once you have connected these and drawn them tight, the entire pole system will be very steady and then all you have to do is put your tarp on.
Typing this, it seems like a very difficult process, however, I assure you that once you have done it, it becomes very easy.
Good luck and hope this helps.

32offer
05-29-2007, 11:21 AM
jkski nailed it.
However, my '02 MC PS 197 has the snaps on the poles, so all three poles will snap to the cover. I do not have the straps. I have trailered mine twice with the cover on the boat, and the poles have stayed in place just fine without the straps. Sounds like the straps could be a pain, so you might give it a try without them. If the poles stay put, why go through the extra hastle. good luck

PendO
05-29-2007, 11:29 AM

PendO
05-29-2007, 11:30 AM

PendO
05-29-2007, 11:32 AM
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

PendO
05-29-2007, 11:34 AM

PendO
05-29-2007, 11:35 AM
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,

peason
05-29-2007, 11:37 AM
Pendo, why do you wrap the strap around your pylon? On my 209 I just have the strap go over the windshield and straight to the back pole.

PendO
05-29-2007, 11:38 AM
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, last one

PendO
05-29-2007, 11:40 AM
Pendo, why do you wrap the strap around your pylon? On my 209 I just have the strap go over the windshield and straight to the back pole.

My setup has two straps, they are not connected so in order for their to be tension I loop around the pylon ... I think it helps from the water pooling in the bow if you go over the window.

PendO
05-29-2007, 11:51 AM
I ordered a second cover with my boat, and it came later with the single strap setup, which could be used with 2 or 3 of the tent poles (depending on the boat model / v-drive), if you have this setup, but only two poles, just skip using a pole near the pylon, the silver clips go to the back of the boat under the rear seat, the clips (like you have on a backpack) go toward the front of the boat ... same principle

pflcjl
05-29-2007, 03:02 PM
A picture (or two) are worth a thousand words....Thanks so much for the helpful info. This is a great site with many fols willing to help out fellow MC owners...Thanks...

peason
05-29-2007, 03:30 PM
Thanks, Pendo - I should have looked closer.

pflcjl
05-29-2007, 03:36 PM
meant to say "many folks"