PDA

View Full Version : Help needed. please reply:

Bubble
05-28-2007, 10:21 PM
MC Maristar VRS 230, okay; we got back from 4 days straight at a lakehouse (both having minor watersports injuries (cracked ribs) with our suitcase in the back under the hydrolic back-hatch.

We opened it just 20 minutes before we finished the day, but when we pulled in to our marina, nothing. So, all our stuff is locked in the boat (luckily not the car/house keys!!!!0... or we'd still be stuck).

First off, is there any kink of manual override to open that? I have to get in there within the next day or so.

Secondly, I pulled the switch out, because jiggling the wires didn't help, and there are 6 wires going to that one switch. pulling it out may have disconnected 3 of them (when I pulled it through 3 were disconnected), ...so what do I do now? I tried different comonations and nothing. Who will fix somethin like that?

Thanks in advance for ideas, and I'm more concerned about just getting into the back to get our stuff so please reply accordingly; but all ideas are welcome, thanks again people.

Leroy
05-28-2007, 10:26 PM
Hopefully someone will know the wirecombination for you, I would just pull into you local MC dealer and ask for help.

Wouldn't a locksmith be able to open the lock?

Bubble
05-28-2007, 10:36 PM
I might have typed too quick. There's no lock involved here. It's the back engine covering on a V-drive, the hydrolic lift.

It's like the motor died, but I still need to get in the back very soon.

Leroy
05-28-2007, 10:45 PM
OK makes more sense.

You must have the one piece right? Mine has three covers that lift, one over each side and one over the engine. I know when they get wet and then hot the water evaporates and the vinyl sticks together. I either really have to pull and/or I find sliding my fingers along where the vinyl meets seems to break a stickiness and enables me to lift mine.

Bubble
05-28-2007, 11:07 PM
Well, it's the electric/hrdrolic lift that covers the entire back of teh boat.

The back padding was all wet and I tried to lift while pushing the up button and still couldn't get in.

I could use a crowbar, but there has to be a better way to get in there.

I'll fix it later in the week, I just feel the crowbar option would probably do more damage than good.

Bubble
05-29-2007, 10:26 AM
Bump..................

milkmania
05-29-2007, 10:46 AM
seems to be a problem around here:rolleyes:

found these

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?p=339514&highlight=electric+hatch#post339514

Bubble
05-29-2007, 11:12 AM
The thread suggested removing the back bolts and pushing the sundeck back just enough to pull the manual release pin.

I will be trying that this morning. I'll post back later.

Thanks!!!!!!!!1

Bruce
05-29-2007, 11:42 AM
Bubble, I will be anxious to hear how it worked out. I have a 1999 230VRS also. I have wondered what would happen if that occurred on my boat. Love the boat. Only problems check engine light does not come on when I turn key on and speedometer does not work.

milkmania
05-29-2007, 11:44 AM
The thread suggested removing the back bolts and pushing the sundeck back just enough to pull the manual release pin.

I will be trying that this morning. I'll post back later.

Thanks!!!!!!!!1

good luck gettin' them clothes

btw, wal-mart is open 24/78p

Bubble
05-29-2007, 02:31 PM
I just got back. There are no bolts on the back of the sundeck/engine cover. There are screws but no matter how much I turned, they wouldn't come out. (I guess there was a bolt on the other end that was spinning with the screw).

Anyway, There appears to be no way to get in. All electric stuff works except the hydrolic engine cover lift.

There's no way to reach the release pin, period. I wonder why it's even there. I guess there, no override. The dealer said I should be able to reach through back seats; well, there's a wall in place. I see no way to remove it.

I can't believe nobody else has encountered this. If you have, what did you do?

Thanks again, I'm just getting frustrated.

Bubble
05-29-2007, 06:25 PM
I got my clothes and my 3 and 5 year olds daughter's medicines.

I got lucky and there was a mechanic down at the marina. He hotwired the hydro lift and got teh stuff.

He's going to look at the wiring. Trying different wire cominations, I broke the switch into a bout 5 pieces this morning, so he's ordering one of those too.

I don't know this guy, but he's an ABYC marine electrical technician. Anyone know of this cert?

WTRSK1R
06-01-2007, 11:08 PM
Never heard of it personally, but a quick google search found this link:

http://www.abycinc.org/

Sounds like a professional association that also certifies members for different skills.

Also from the website:
"ABYC designed this program to improve the quality and professionalism of boat maintenance and repair. This certification program reaches out to provide standards-based, continuing education for marine technicians throughout the industry toward... "

All in all I would say it sounds like a good thing to help improve the marine industry.

Steve

Jerseydave
06-01-2007, 11:15 PM
Not sure about your MC, but my old Formula 303 with electric sunpad would let me manually lift it by hand just enough so a second person could pull the pin on the cylinder. (Very heavy sunpad too!)

Did you try to pick it up, maybe with one or two extra helpers?

keith
06-02-2007, 12:57 AM
but you hit the rubber button about 2 inches above the hatch switch right? That is a breaker/reset switch for the hatch...