PDA

View Full Version : Engine Pinging / Loss of Power / MCX 350

KBryant2007
05-28-2007, 08:57 PM
This weekend was the first weekend I put my new Prostar 209 through its paces. The boat performed well Thursday, Friday and Saturday. We got up early Sunday to catch the water before it got rough. About 28 mph while skiing the boat starting pinging, backfiring and losing power. It seemed to run fine at idle condition, but under a load it seemed to do this. My first thought was bad gas. I put a can of isoHeet and added another 10 gallons of fresh gas. On the trailer in the water it ran great at 2500 rpms. Under a load, or in a sharp turn throttling out it would lose power and start pinging. It still did it. Any ideas. It's under warranty (22 HRS) so its going to the shop tomorrow. It has the MCX 350.

rstitson
05-28-2007, 10:18 PM
Have not had problems with ours ...has 14 hours on it. I have had the electical control unit (dash stuff) bail on me twice. basically had to reboot by shuting down and restarting. Power has been great pulled wakeboard for my son the first time today as after breakin. Keep us posted when you find what the issue is.

fintek9
05-28-2007, 11:13 PM
You said the "magic" word
::WARRANTY::
I wish I still had some!

Leroy
05-28-2007, 11:27 PM
Post what the shop finds!