PDA

View Full Version : Lake Laurel KY

Foiler
02-05-2005, 06:02 PM
Does anyone ski at this lake? I usually go to Dale Hollow about 3 times a year and have been to Cumberland a few times. Coming from Ohio it takes 6 hrs to get to Dale Hollow, I could get to Lake Laurel in about 4hrs. Might be good for a long weekend get-a-way. I know it's not as big which doesn't matter as long as it's not real crowded.

We usually cross right over Cumberland and drive an extra hour to Dale Hollow. We've been to Cumberland before and there was so much stuff floating it was imposible to ski. I guess it's only an issue when the water raises.
I sure love those southern lakes.

JEREMY79
02-05-2005, 11:01 PM
I have never been to Laurel. We are going this summer though. I would be interested to know what you find out. I have heard there is a course there and the water is crystal clear. Even put Dale Hollow to shame if thats possible. keep us posted

OhioProstar
02-06-2005, 12:41 AM
I am 4 hours from my driveway to the ramp at Echo Point on Cumberland and the water on the river side is great pretty much all year round. We have thought about trying out Laurel before, but the people on our point keep us coming back year after year. :toast: :steering:

The water between Cooper Creek and Little South Fork is butter

Foiler
02-06-2005, 09:23 AM
Hey OhioProstar, Looks like I'm about an hour north of you (Wapakoneta). We might try Cumberland again this year. We usually go to Indian Lake or Grand Lake St Marry's. Are there any good ones around Dayton. There are some nice rivers an 1 1/2 away but Indian Lake is only 10 min.

OhioProstar
02-06-2005, 01:51 PM
My wife and I have thought of going up to Indian Lake, but heard it was really busy on the weekends. We go to Ceasar's Creek near Waynsville or my parents private lake near Eaton. We need to get something put together for the Ohio, Indiana, KY folks on the board.

JEREMY79
02-06-2005, 02:49 PM
I'll agree with the getting together. Lake Laurel might be an idea or Cumberland or Dale Hollow. There is always Barren River lake if you like skiing in dirty looking water :(

Foiler
02-06-2005, 03:01 PM
You heard right about Indian Lake being crowded on the weekends. We try to go through the week and if we go on the weekend it's early mornig or late afternoon. Private Lake...that has to be a nice change.

Jerery79 as far as skiing in dirty looking water I'm affraid I'd feel right at home.

JEREMY79
02-07-2005, 12:50 AM
you would love Barren. Put on your wakeboard and push it down in the water--you cant even see past your knee. :eek: But hey its two minutes from the driveway!

speckeen
02-08-2005, 04:08 PM
you would love Barren. Put on your wakeboard and push it down in the water--you cant even see past your knee. :eek: But hey its two minutes from the driveway!

Sounds about the same as skiing on the Mississippi.

JEREMY79
02-08-2005, 07:16 PM
Been over the Mississippi but never in it. Just have to be sure to wash the boat EVERY time you come in. 10 min now or a whole lot of trouble later.