PDA

View Full Version : SS combing pad attachment front passenger seat

bxroads
05-28-2007, 06:11 PM
First let me disclaim the picture, I snagged it from another post here to use for reference.

I recently purchased an 83 SS. The backer board on the below highlighted pad was rotted so bad there was nearly nothing left and it was no longer attached to the boat. The vinyl was actually in great shape so I simply replaced the backer board.

My question is how in the heck do you attach it to the boat?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/bxroads/Picture001.jpg

billr
05-28-2007, 06:23 PM
Not sure on your boat, but on my Maristar they use 1/4-20 stainless studs with a washer, lockwasher and a nut on the inside.

H20skeefreek
05-28-2007, 06:35 PM
Have you taken the pad off? I haven't taken it off on mine to know exactly how it fastens on. I think you have to have REALLY long arms to do it though.

pram
05-28-2007, 06:40 PM
I believe that you have these in the wood from the material side then you thread a piece of redi-rod into tighten it down push it through the fibreglass then put your nut on

H20skeefreek
05-28-2007, 06:45 PM
I believe that you have these in the wood from the material side then you thread a piece of redi-rod into tighten it down push it through the fibreglass then put your nut on
with the way the rest of the boat is assembled, I would agree that this is probably how they are mounted.

justinglow
05-28-2007, 10:36 PM
That same part on my 86 was held on by those black push in plastic fittings. Some people call them "christmas trees" Used a lot on cars to hold interior pieces. I don't know if it was original, but if it was, it was a bad design. To replace them you had to take off the vinyl from the seat.